Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play resumes Sept 6!

renaissance

Original Thread

(was carried over from the old software so I'm not able to edit the title)

Current Standings:

kzty.jpg

Top 3 go to Brazil. 4th place enters a playoff against New Zealand for trip to Brazil.

Upcoming Schedule

September 6

Mexico v Honduras

Panama v Jamaica

Costa Rica v United States

September 10

Jamaica v Costa Rica

Honduras v Panama

United States v Mexico (in Columbus, shown on ESPN)

CONCACAF Homepage

Tournament Schedule (full schedule from CONCACAF site)
Wikipedia Overview (tournament history, tables, etc)
US Soccer Schedule (includes ticket and tv information)

As far as I can tell field surface has been the concern in the past. I think Seattle and Portland will be awesome hosts.

Yep! They wanted Portland and Seattle to put in grass for any International game, nobody wanted to pay for it.

Last I heard Seattle was still around 34,000 out of 45,000 available tickets.  

-----

As I said in the other thread people were convinced Mexico would wipe the floor with everyone.  I just didn't see it happening.  Why?  Because qualifying is like a tough season.  When you are the top dog everyone will be gunning to take you out. Mexico was the hot thing coming into the Hex so that put a particularly big target on them.  Despite being first in Concacaf the last few times in qualifying we weren't the ones everyone wanted to take out.  It's actually good for us because we stay out of the spotlight as the team to beat.  As I sad in the other thread too Mexico might start to worry.  Yes they sit in 3rd but they have a extra match under their belt and if they draw at home they might be trouble.  Right now they have the benefit of teams not doing well after starting strong (Honduras & Jamaica). If Mexico doesn't improve though they end up in 4th which honestly if that happened they probably still make the world cup cuz they shouldn't lose the playoff.

I don't know how Evans managed to get any power on that shot but he did! It was so awkward looking.

And I agree about Jozy. I have been a major hater in the past, but I just really wanted him to play well and I'm glad he's got a couple goals. Hopefully they keep coming.

Also big ups to Zusi for taking over in Donovan's absence. I think the qualifying spot is his to lose at this point.

Looking forward to July 21st, what are the chances of the US playing in Baltimore?

As long as they go 1 or 2 in group play, they'll be there. And if they can't go 1 or 2 in a group with Costa Rica, Belize, and Cuba, then we shouldn't even bother having a WCQ thread...

Twitterverse says Joe Corona will start for Zusi.

Im terrified.

Add to the terror, Beasley had to have a root canal yesterday, so his status is up the air.

And apparently the field is a total mess (temp grass over the turf in Seattle.  Brilliant move by US soccer.

Twitterverse says Joe Corona will start for Zusi.

Im terrified.

Add to the terror, Beasley had to have a root canal yesterday, so his status is up the air.

And apparently the field is a total mess (temp grass over the turf in Seattle.  Brilliant move by US soccer.

That fanbase deserves some National Team love. They need to do a better job with the details. I would guess Fabian Johnson will slide back to leftback, which is an improvement in my opinion. Is Hercules on the team? He wasn't bad on the wing... 

Gomez dismissed to rehab with his club.

Give Seattle a friendly, not an important qualifier on a ****ty surface.

Maybe it'll snow.......

Still no word on Beasley, but if he cant play, then Im sure we'll see Johnson at LB.  Then what though?  Eddie Johnson?  Brad Davis?

Dear lord help us if it means Sacha sees the pitch

Archived