Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF 2014 World Cup Qualification - Play resumes Sept 6!

renaissance

Great crowd in Seattle today! Love the chants, great atmosphere! 

Shame many USA games aren't like this 

Ball game. Will go to sleep after NBA game ends. 

Holy crap the Atmoshpere there is amazing. Wow. Very proud of the job Seattle did today, and the US is kicking ass. Great day 

We are going to Brazil™

I loved the crowd tonight! They need to do a better job with the pitch next time. Yes, they definitely deserve a next time. I really like Cameron in the defensive midfield. Jozy is a beast when active, hopefully lazy Jozy has retired...

I loved the crowd tonight! They need to do a better job with the pitch next time. Yes, they definitely deserve a next time. I really like Cameron in the defensive midfield. Jozy is a beast when active, hopefully lazy Jozy has retired...

I cannot stand some of the chants the American Outlaws lead, esp when they sing "everywhere we go" at home games. Also "I believe that we will win" is probably the worst chant in all of soccer supporterdom.

That aside, the team looked great last night. They finally have some chemistry up top to the point that the cutesy drop off passes are actually connecting more times that not. Glad we have another game coming up!!

Also the Mexican fans are an embarrassment.

US looked really good. Really like the ball movement. Under pressure from Panama and they would just make some nice passes to get out of it and start moving up field. Really like how they have been playing lately. Really nice to see Altidore really starting to take off. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Games like this make me think the US has a chance to show well in Brazil.  Playing like this, the U.S. is a threat against anyone.  I'm not usually a fan of the team running vertical as much as we did yesterday, but we actually have the dynamic finishers now to make this a viable way to play.  Am I crazy to think Altidore has become what we thought we would get in Adu only bigger?

The D also played far better last night than previous games.

-Crowd was fantastic. I don't recall another qualifier being that loud. Maybe I'm wrong. 

-The turf wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as some of the other cow pastures/concrete block we've played on in the Conference. 

-Panama isn't that good BUT that's how we need to play against lesser quality. Lesser quality opponents need to be **** slapped. 

-Next step, for me, is build consistency. I've seen the US play awesome(?) like last night before but it's too spread out. Great performances need to be closer together than so sporadic. I'm still wary, the US is both this team and the team that looks clueless out there.

-There were some really good technical displays last night. Players taking balls out of the air with "pull-spins"<--- US players never tried that much less did it. Fabian's one-touch layoff to Clint for the goal was sweet. 

-Some head-scratchers in terms of simple passes that missed the mark by feet. Chalk that up to bad turf? But at least passes had zip last night.

Archived