Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

reddit: RGIII among 12 Heisman Trophy winners asked questions by redditors

skinsfan12

A panel of 12 Heisman Trophy winners were asked various questions by redditors.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1e4q1h/we_are_12_heisman_trophy_winners_hanging_out/

RGIII excerpts:

--------------------------------

Honestly: What was your "Welcome to the NFL" moment?

RGIII: It took me to the facility after I got drafted, they were walking me around and took me to the training room and the cold tub room, and they showed me these grey tins. I thought they were joking, the cold tanks they had in the league were the ones that we had in high school. It was my welcome to the NFL moment - you might not all have the best equipment but you have to make it work.

SundayRed: Do you think college players should receive some kind of financial compensation for their work, or is the lure of a multi-million dollar contract when they leave school enough?

RGIII: That's a whole issue on it's own. Not every sport makes money for their school, football definitely does but you can't pay one athlete and not another. But there's always going to be a problem - if they get paid, it's not enough. And if they don't, they should be paid.

Im_Offensive: Who is the one current player (collegiate or professional) that you would not want to line up against?

RGIII: If it was just me and another guy on the field by ourselves, probably Mario Williams.

dota2brewmaster: 1) What's your favorite video game?

2) If you weren't a football player, what would you be doing?

RGIII: My favorite video game is Assassins Creed and NCAA and Madden. Truthfull if I wasn't a football player, I'd be in law school. Fictionally, I'd be a professional ping pong player.

Saints4Life: Who was the player you looked up to as a role model as a child?

RGIII: Michael Jordan.

Delta0010: RG3, what socks are you wearing?

RGIII: I''m wearing some bright neon socks with a nice design on the back.

mavsman22: Favorite NFL stadium to play in? Least favorite?

RGIII: Favorite: Fedex Field, Least: Don't have one.

BlizWizz: What's the most frustrating thing about playing football professionally; interpret that however you would like.

RGIII: You're provided with a stage to help people and inspire people, but at the same time you're criticized for whatever you say.

eternalrider: What other sport would you want to play if it wasn't football?

RGIII: Basketball, I thought about it. It was my first love. I started on varsity as a freshman and I had numerous offers to play college basketball.

Ping pong player? Ha! Love seeing these responses from all of the Heisman representatives.

BlizWizz: What's the most frustrating thing about playing football professionally; interpret that however you would like.

RGIII: You're provided with a stage to help people and inspire people, but at the same time you're criticized for whatever you say.

Boy, he's still really pissed off at the media.

Surprised that he said Mario Williams. Would have thought he would have said someone like Ware or Suggs or someone.

I'll choose to take that as he's not afraid of anyone in the NFC East :)

I would have thought he would have said Haloti Ngata.

Love the ping pong bit. Such a good guy.

What RGIII doesn't realize when mentioning the cold tubs being crappy, is that other teams probably have nicer ones. So surprising how awful our facilities are compared to other teams. That's Snyder for ya.

Is this true?

From what I understand, the 'Skins have one of the worst facilities in the entire NFL. In fact, there are a lot of high level college football programs that have better facilities than we do. I'm not sure where I saw the articles about this, but I'll try to research it.

From what I understand, the 'Skins have one of the worst facilities in the entire NFL. In fact, there are a lot of high level college football programs that have better facilities than we do. I'm not sure where I saw the articles about this, but I'll try to research it.

I kind of doubt this is still the case, if it was before. Snyder has never shown any hesitation to spend whatever necessary to attract players and fans to the team. Crappy facilities turn off prospective FA's immediately.

But also, when a guy like Bruce Allen comes in, that's one of the first things on his check list I'd bet. Upgrading the weight rooms, training facilities, practice facilities, locker rooms, etc.

I highly doubt we have anywhere near the worst facilities now that Bruce has been here for so long. Five years ago? Sure, I'd believe that, despite Snyder's open wallet, our priorities were in the wrong place. But I'd be surprised if things haven't changed under Allen. I know our weight rooms received big upgrades recently.

I just don't think there's a lot you can do about ice tubs. An ice tub is an ice tub, I think.

Surprised that he said Mario Williams. Would have thought he would have said someone like Ware or Suggs or someone.

I'll choose to take that as he's not afraid of anyone in the NFC East :)

With the way we toyed with both of them during our games against those teams, I imagine he's very calm when they're across from him.

Especially Ware. The number of times he got caught unable to do anything in that second game was incredible. RGIII basically turned him into a puppet for his own amusement.

Now JJ Watt. There's a guy you don't want lining up against you, though Super Mario is pretty good too.

Archived