Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN Total Access - Redskins State of the Franchise (4/5/2013)

son_sonn

Im sure it'll go something like this...

"I know this team won the NFC East in 2012, but I think a lot of questions really surround this team right now, especially with RG3's injury and whether or not he'll come back this year. Will he be the same player he was last season? Can he still throw the ball? Will he be able to run or move or shift his feet in any way? Is he one with the cause yet? Right now, I'm not so sure. Also, defenses will have a lot of film to help them prepare for the pistol offense that was so successful for the Redskins in 2012. I know they retained a lot of their core players, and they'll be getting a lot of key defensive guys back like Orakpo, Carriker, and Brandon Merriweather, but Im not so sure they'll be able to bounce back from losing defensive juggernaut Lorenzo Alexander to free agency. As for coaching, the Shanahans did a nice job of getting the team to buy in during their 7-game winning streak last year, but did they really buy in? Did they? If so, how much did each of them pay? Was it in US dollars or Euros? Im guessing USD would be the best bet, depending on the strength of the Yen, I'm not quite sure. Whatever is going on... Im just not quite sure the Redskins have what it takes to compete with the firepower of the Dallas Cowboys, which... to my estimate... is to the equivalent of about a thousand suns right now. Tony Romo sits to pee has a new contract and you can bet your ass this is the year he gets over the hump. Now that his contract issues are behind him, he can focus on winning football games... and I have no reason to think that he won't be able to with the overly stellar offensive attack that the Cowboys will deploy this season. I guess what were trying to say is... **** you Redskin fans."

That about it sums it up.

Im sure it'll go something like this...

"I know this team won the NFC East in 2012, but I think a lot of questions really surround this team right now, especially with RG3's injury and whether or not he'll come back this year. Will he be the same player he was last season? Can he still throw the ball? Will he be able to run or move or shift his feet in any way? Is he one with the cause yet? Right now, I'm not so sure. Also, defenses will have a lot of film to help them prepare for the pistol offense that was so successful for the Redskins in 2012. I know they retained a lot of their core players, and they'll be getting a lot of key defensive guys back like Orakpo, Carriker, and Brandon Merriweather, but Im not so sure they'll be able to bounce back from losing defensive juggernaut Lorenzo Alexander to free agency. As for coaching, the Shanahans did a nice job of getting the team to buy in during their 7-game winning streak last year, but did they really buy in? Did they? If so, how much did each of them pay? Was it in US dollars or Euros? Im guessing USD would be the best bet, depending on the strength of the Yen, I'm not quite sure. Whatever is going on... Im just not quite sure the Redskins have what it takes to compete with the firepower of the Dallas Cowboys, which... to my estimate... is to the equivalent of about a thousand suns right now. Tony Romo sits to pee has a new contract and you can bet your ass this is the year he gets over the hump. Now that his contract issues are behind him, he can focus on winning football games... and I have no reason to think that he won't be able to with the overly stellar offensive attack that the Cowboys will deploy this season. I guess what were trying to say is... **** you Redskin fans."

That about it sums it up.

For a newbie that was a great post. You do have to throw somewhere in there the racist name of the team and how Dan Synder will blow up next year as we finish 3rd in the division.....:ols:

My honest guess is most analysts are going to put the 'Skins around 8-8. The three big reasons are going to be:

1. RGIII's injury. Can he come back? Will he be sharp when he comes back? Will he be the same player? etc. Repeat adnausium.

2. The opponenets. Say what you want, but road games against Green Bay, Denver and Atlanta is a tough slate of non-division road games. Home should be a little easier, with the two hardest non-division games probably the 49ers and Bears. Also, chances are that the 'Skins do not go 5-1 in the division again.

3. The leaky secondary. They kept most of a 10-6 team together, but that also means that they kept one of the most historically bad secondaries together also. And When you've got Both Brother's Mannings (3 games total), Rogers, Ryan, Kappernick, Romo sits to pee (2 games), you're playing elite level QBs at least 9 of 16 games, if you leave off guys like Culter, Stafford and Rivers.

There will be some analysts who probably just don't believe, or "hate" and will go 6-10, and pick as the 4th place team in the division because the Giants are locks to win it, The Cowboys are THE COWBOYS DAMIT, and Jerrah says they are great and Romo sits to pee is the next Stauback, damit, and Kelly is going to have the eagles flying!

Those guys are going to be out there. I'm sure one of the Mike's on mike-mike will do it, probably a bunch of our local mediots (Lavar, Chad, Czabe, etc.), and some national guys.

Most reasonable people will probably go around 8-8, 9-7, even if the team is as good or better, the competition will be a little better, so they get knocked down a notch, and then a few folks will say that the 'Skins really can take a step forward, and might repeat 10-6 or improve.

Personally, I'm probably in the (about the same) camp. I don't think they will take a step back, I think they'll actually improve, but I also don't think that the record will necessarily reflect that dramatically.

Archived