Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Trent Williams is working out with Adrian Peterson now. Great to see

21MadFan

Trent saw Terron Armstead's 40-time, and was like "HELL NO! I'm the fastest tackle in the NFL! A-P, make me faster!"

Shanahan's secret plan for this season is actually to get Trent down to about 290, but running a 4.45, and make him the running back. Imagine the stiff arms!

We'll then draft 2 OL for bookends.

That looks like a public gym. Has to be intimidating for some 40 something average guy to be on a treadmill next to AP and Trent! even worse at a weight station (although I doubt they lift in unsupervised sessions) - can you imagine Trent asking you to spot for him!!

Trent Williams is a beast and has the potential to be the very best offensive lineman in the NFL in the not too distant future.

Just think, in the not too distant future we could have the best offensive tackle in the NFL in Williams, the best pass rusher in the NFL in Orakpo, the best QB in the NFL in RGIII, a top 3 running back in Morris, and a top 3 TE in Davis. That is a lot of talent on a football team. :) :logo:

Trent Williams is a beast and has the potential to be the very best offensive lineman in the NFL in the not too distant future.

Just think, in the not too distant future we could have the best offensive tackle in the NFL in Williams, the best pass rusher in the NFL in Orakpo, the best QB in the NFL in RGIII, a top 3 running back in Morris, and a top 3 TE in Davis. That is a lot of talent on a football team. :) :logo:

Are we going to sign FD83? I sure hope we do

Wow, pass the dutchie on the left hand side because if that's where you rank those guys I NEEDS some of what you be smokin :ols:

Awesome. Love the way Trent has been playing. Love his attitude! Glad he's on our team protecting RGIII

---------- Post added March-5th-2013 at 02:52 PM ----------

idk about all those others...but i think Trent is the best tackle in the game right NOW.

Good to see. AD will have a positive impact on him. Trent had a great year and it's nice to see him staying hungry.

My time at OU overlapped with both those guys. AD was a workaholic and a freak. Did plyo training jumping up and down off a 3-foot platform with 80 lb. dumbbells in each hand. Trent was a knucklehead.

That looks like a public gym. Has to be intimidating for some 40 something average guy to be on a treadmill next to AP and Trent! even worse at a weight station (although I doubt they lift in unsupervised sessions) - can you imagine Trent asking you to spot for him!!

Lots of the Redskins players come in to the Lifetime in Centreville to play basketball... Trent is massive in person... When I whipped out my cell phone one time while talking to B. Banks, trying to get a picture of T.W., it looked like he was gonna come over and make me eat my phone... I didn't get the picture :ols:

Lots of the Redskins players come in to the Lifetime in Centreville to play basketball... Trent is massive in person... When I whipped out my cell phone one time while talking to B. Banks, trying to get a picture of T.W., it looked like he was gonna come over and make me eat my phone... I didn't get the picture :ols:

Isn't there a Life Time in Ashburn? Why go down to CVille. (Guessing no BBall Court in Ashburn?)

Isn't there a Life Time in Ashburn? Why go down to CVille. (Guessing no BBall Court in Ashburn?)

I think they actually used to hold their indoor practices for football at the Ashburn one, and at an airport hangar before they got the pracitce bubble. But they certainly came to CVille on multiple occasions and played with the general public.

Wow, pass the dutchie on the left hand side because if that's where you rank those guys I NEEDS some of what you be smokin :ols:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrhg3zuuk21qe83bqo1_500.jpg Puff Puff Pass :ols:

It's not to ridiculous to think in the near future that Williams could pass Joe Thomas as the best tackle in the NFL. Morris is top 3 along with Peterson and maybe MJD? RGIII could be better than Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers in the not to far off future, Fred Davis could be top 3 along with Gronk and Grahm. Orakpo could be better than Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Jared Allen, JPP, James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, Tamba Hali, Chris Long, Cameron Wake, Mario Williams, etc. maybe not better than Peppers, but he could be better than most of these guys.

Silverback is a monster. I don't worry about him anymore at all, not that I worried about him much to begin with. He needed to grow up a little, but so do a lot of guys in the league. I loved watching him play last year, and a little taste of winning is gonna make him push himself even harder.

The guy got shot with a taser...and he just stood there. Let that sink in a little bit. :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrhg3zuuk21qe83bqo1_500.jpg Puff Puff Pass :ols:

It's not to ridiculous to think in the near future that Williams could pass Joe Thomas as the best tackle in the NFL. Morris is top 3 along with Peterson and maybe MJD? RGIII could be better than Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers in the not to far off future, Fred Davis could be top 3 along with Gronk and Grahm. Orakpo could be better than Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, Jared Allen, JPP, James Harrison, Lamarr Woodley, Tamba Hali, Chris Long, Cameron Wake, Mario Williams, etc. maybe not better than Peppers, but he could be better than most of these guys.

I agree RGIII and Trent could be there in the near future but it's at the least a stretch to call them the best at their position right now. Gronk, Graham, V Davis and T Gonzalez (still, unbelievably) at the least would have to rank ahead of Fred. At least 7 or 8 better pass rushers than Orakpo who, while a very good player, is not an elite pass rusher. The hardest one for me is Morris.

The RG threat certainly helps, hell it's like running against a 10 man defense at times, but that's not to take anything away from him. I think you'd have to put AP and Foster ahead of him at the least. He's a super effective fit for what we do and he's one of the toughest RBs you'll find but there are other guys out there with more talent. Where do you put Gore, Lynch, Shady, Chris Johnson (when he decides he's going to play that year) or Forte? They're all so different it's hard to say where you'd rank them against Morris. I will say this, several of those guys I mentioned would be strong bets for 2,000 yard seasons if RG was handing them the ball.

I agree RGIII and Trent could be there in the near future but it's at the least a stretch to call them the best at their position right now. Gronk, Graham, V Davis and T Gonzalez (still, unbelievably) at the least would have to rank ahead of Fred. At least 7 or 8 better pass rushers than Orakpo who, while a very good player, is not an elite pass rusher. The hardest one for me is Morris.

The RG threat certainly helps, hell it's like running against a 10 man defense at times, but that's not to take anything away from him. I think you'd have to put AP and Foster ahead of him at the least. He's a super effective fit for what we do and he's one of the toughest RBs you'll find but there are other guys out there with more talent. Where do you put Gore, Lynch, Shady, Chris Johnson (when he decides he's going to play that year) or Forte? They're all so different it's hard to say where you'd rank them against Morris. I will say this, several of those guys I mentioned would be strong bets for 2,000 yard seasons if RG was handing them the ball.

Davis could be better than Tony G, Vernon Davis, and Jason Witten by next season, possibly even Gronk and Graham although I doubt it. RGIII in the next couple of seasons could be the best QB. I would rather have Morris over any RB in the NFL besides Adrian Peterson and Darren McFadden if he could stay healthy. Trent Williams is well on his way to being the best offensive lineman IMO. And Orakpo is going to be a dominant player by next season IMO. He is a physical freak and has been working on his pass rushing technique, I think he is in for a huge breakout season this coming season.

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-skins/2010/11/redskins-lb-brian-orakpo-racks-up-sacks-despite-frequent-holds-double-teams-4469.html

One of the most important things Orakpo learned from Mann and Smith was to stay low as he attacks the edge in pursuit of the quarterback. In the past, he always relied just on his power and speed to get into the backfield. But with linemen using different tactics, he tries to switch things up as well.

“I’ve started getting lower under their hands where they like to punch, you know, at the point of attack. You seen in the Colts game, I got lower and was able to dip and get under the guy and to the quarterback,” Orakpo says.

“I’m glad we started working on it in OTAs,” Orakpo says. “It took me a while because I'm not even a three-point stance guy. I was a four-point guy, I would explode and stay low. The trick when rushing out of a two-point stance, and the hardest thing about a two-point is, you're automatically up and you're exposing your chest, so the difficult thing for me was to stay low out of the two.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/orakpo-will-be-full-go-camp

The two-time Pro Bowl selection also said he focused on preparing for the double-teams he’ll no doubt continue to attract.

That preparation, he said, included work on technique, footwork and hours studying film.

“I’ve been preparing for that,” he said. “Rushing on my own, doing different things, trying to get acclimated to have two bodies on me instead of just one. …When you talk to rushers from around the league, we’re always trying to fine-tune our skills. We watch every game from last season and try to see what we can do to get better.”

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2011/8/23/2378817/brian-orakpo-washington-redskins-linebacker-2011-season

That being said, Orakpo still is looking inward for improvement, both as a rusher and a run defender. Being able to using your hands effectively as a defender is one of the most vital elements in getting off blocks and attacking the ball carrier. Orakpo's hand usage has been one of his biggest issues in his brief career.

"He would use his shoulders [instead] once in a while last year," Haslett recalls.

This offseason, using his hands as weapons to engage opposing blockers has become a focus for Orakpo. Most of his offseason training activity was spent in Austin, Texas, where he worked on hand to hand combat techniques in his training facility at his alma mater.

"[i did] some boxing and MMA type stuff," he explains. "[i learned] better technique as far as getting to the passer, and [this season] I can transfer it on the field."

"[Now] he's using his hands really well." Haslett says. "It's something he's got to keep working on. He's doing a good job with his hand placement taking on [blockers]."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/jul/27/orakpo-diversifying-his-pass-rushing-repertoire/

“I’m trying to change it up this year,” Orakpo said after practice. “I’ve been working on a lot of different things. I know I got it in my arsenal, but I can’t be afraid to use different things. That’s one thing I wanted to try. Even if I do get blocked, I’m still trying to learn different things, and that’s something I’m trying to incorporate throughout the training camp.”

“I’m physical,” he said. “I like to get into tackles and be aggressive. But I’ve got to switch it up. I’ve got to do different stuff, and I can’t be afraid to use swim or the inside moves. I’ve just got to do it, let it come natural, and then I’ll be good to go.”

Rak

Rak

Rak

Trent saw Terron Armstead's 40-time, and was like "HELL NO! I'm the fastest tackle in the NFL! A-P, make me faster!"

Shanahan's secret plan for this season is actually to get Trent down to about 290, but running a 4.45, and make him the running back. Imagine the stiff arms!

We'll then draft 2 OL for bookends.

His stiff arm to the face of RIchard Sherman was something I'd like to see again... anyone have that gif?

Archived