Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 NASCAR Season

Mongo2365

I think that was the most boring 500 race I've seen. Really, cars running single file with no passing. Fox needs to stop cramming Danica down our throats. I don't dislike her but it felt like I was watching the Danica channel. That will go away next week when she can't crack the top 20.

Anyway, there will be real racing next week. Phoenix is a good track. Can't wait.

I saw that live. Fiddy was either high or he's just extremely dumb. ix, right after she disses him, she turns and starts walking the other way. He followers her, checking out her ass. What a clown.

---------- Post added February-24th-2013 at 05:57 PM ----------

So is Danica a really bad driver? My buddy rails on her at every given opportunity, but then it's hard to look past the espn hype machine.

This will be the first race I've ever watched, start to finish.

I wouldn't say she's a really bad driver. But she definitely hasn't earned any of the hype she's getting.

Winning the pole for the Daytona 500 is great and all, but it's really not that big of a deal. David Gilliland won the pole a few years ago. Winning a pole at a restrictor plate track is more car and team than driver.

I'll give her credit for running up front all day today and not causing any problems. That will go along way with the other drivers. But the hype machine will die back down, starting this week at Phoenix. If she finishes in the top 20 there, I would be surprised. She can hold her on on plate tracks. But short tracks and 1.5 tracks, road courses, etc? Not a chance.

---------- Post added February-24th-2013 at 06:01 PM ----------

I don't know if she's a bad driver, but she's way over hyped. Honestly, I don't see any difference between her and Anna Kornakova.
She's not even on Kournikova's level. At least Anna was ranked in the top 10 at one time. She was a decent player, she just never won any grand slams. Plus, she was way hotter than Danica.

---------- Post added February-24th-2013 at 06:05 PM ----------

Is it just me, but does it sound like Waltrip have something against Danica Patrick? He's constantly on her when it cones to pitting.
You must not watch many Nascar races. DW is usually WAY over the top in support of her. Every now and then he'll throw in a negative comment about her.

He gets more annoying each year. I like FOX covering races, but DW needs to go. The only thing missing when he's doing a race are pom poms. He's rarely critical of other drivers...at all. I think it stems from his run-in with Stewart several years ago. Now he's almost afraid to say anything bad about some of them.

Larry McReynolds is great. Mike Joy is good, too.

---------- Post added February-24th-2013 at 06:07 PM ----------

Yeah, I understand that people didn't want Danica to win, or didn't like her because of all the media attention, but at least it would have been someone new. Instead Johnson wins yet another race.

To be fair, it was a good race at the end. Just wish Danica had won it for historical reasons.

Johnson only won 3 races last year and hasn't won the Cup title in 3 seasons. He doesn't dominate near as much as he used to. And this is only his 2nd career 500 win. The sport actually has more parity now than it has in a long time.

---------- Post added February-24th-2013 at 06:08 PM ----------

I think that was the most boring 500 race I've seen. Really, cars running single file with no passing. Fox needs to stop cramming Danica down our throats. I don't dislike her but it felt like I was watching the Danica channel. That will go away next week when she can't crack the top 20.

Anyway, there will be real racing next week. Phoenix is a good track. Can't wait.

Agree on all points.

So is Danica a really bad driver? My buddy rails on her at every given opportunity, but then it's hard to look past the espn hype machine.

This will be the first race I've ever watched, start to finish.

Can't speak to her stock car prowess but she was an average driver in a very good car in Indy. She was consistently top 10 on ovals but disappeared on road courses. Not a Danica fan but I think she catches more flack than she deserves.

Ok, so I heard that Fiddy tweeted something like "Where are all the black people?" or something stupid like that today. What a douchebag. That's like walking up to a black guy and asking why weren't there any white people at the Apollo.

How no talented idiots like this are relevant is beyond me.

Yeah....so...see, the thing is he didn't just show up at the race by accident. NASCAR invited him to perform b/c they are trying like hell to draw in new blood. Keeping that in mind, he looked around and saw that said plan was completely ineffective and said what was on his mind. So...totally different. He is an idiot, though. :)

• 11 months later...

Do you think.it's good for the biggest race of the year to have these kinds of delays year after year or worse, finish on Monday? Just move it to July 4 weekend.

And Kyle Bush just made another point, some people had to leave because they have to go to work.

I understand tradition, but having Daytona during the rainy season is a bad idea.

Do you think.it's good for the biggest race of the year to have these kinds of delays year after year or worse, finish on Monday? Just move it to July 4 weekend.

And Kyle Bush just made another point, some people had to leave because they have to go to work.

I understand tradition, but having Daytona during the rainy season is a bad idea.

They are never going to move the 500. It's always been the first race of the year and always will.

It rains often in FL. So moving it wouldn't guarantee it wouldn't rain, anyway.

And they have lights, so it's not a big deal. They already have a race at Daytona around the 4th. That's also a tradition that isn't changing.

Dale best Redskin fan in sports. Congrats!

He's a fan, yes. But he doesn't know anything about football. And being a fellow Redskins fan is his only good quality.:)

Wow Race still has 8 laps to go and there is only crickets in this thread, lol. Good Night Danica, adios

I was going to start a new thread. Hopefully the guy that started this one will change the year.

Archived