Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzz & Neds Barbeque in Richmond, VA

HOF44

Yeah, it's pretty damn good. I usually get the chopped sammich with a side of sweet potato fries. I have been known to wolf down a few ribs now & then, too.

Which location are you going to? Just an fyi...the original restaurant on Boulevard will be walking distance to the Skins preseason practice facility. Are you doing some early season scouting?

Buz & Ned's is good. If you're in town for long enough to eat two BBQ meals, you should also try Ronnie's Ribs Wings & Things. It's basically a little trailer at the corner of 25th & Main, but it's amazing. My personal favorite in the city.

Buz & Ned's is good. If you're in town for long enough to eat two BBQ meals, you should also try Ronnie's Ribs Wings & Things. It's basically a little trailer at the corner of 25th & Main, but it's amazing. My personal favorite in the city.
Thanks Hoo. Somehow this was not on my Q radar...but it is now! I see a sampler in my future.

I'm a regular. It's fantastic. It is pricey. I drive down there at least once every four or five weeks from Fredericksburg. You can not go wrong with a rack or a sandwhich. It's just good all the way around.

If I may recommend, get a half-rack of pork, half-rack of beef, cornbread, baked beans, and lemonade. It doesn't get any better than that.

You also may want to keep going down Boulevard and walk it off for a bit at Maymount Park... because it's an ass whooping of a meal but it's fantastic. Hope you like it.

It's up there on Boulevard not too far from the Diamond and the Greyhound station. I used to go there in college every now and then. It's great. But it gets crowded as all hell on certain days. I like the pulled pork BBQ sandwiches best. That's probably my #1 comfort food of all time, but I actually don't really like ribs as much as I should.

I was actually present when they filmed the episode where they beat Bobby Flay. They filmed it on the campus of University of Richmond when I was a sophomore or a junior in front of the chapel. I didn't get on TV but I was in the crowd and ate some of the food. IIRC, Bobby Flay didn't have a smoker and didn't smoke his meat, as such, it wasn't true barbecue. I don't see how he expected to get around that.

Thanks Hoo. Somehow this was not on my Q radar...but it is now! I see a sampler in my future.

Oh and I had a total brainfart yesterday. Ronnie's is no longer at the corner of 25th and Main, they're now inside Vision nightclub in the Bottom (:ols: i know) during the day. Still worth a try IMO.

I appreciate this thread. I been looking for awesome BBQ places to try.

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 08:21 AM ----------

Besides making me hungry, this thread begs the question. When did Richmond suddenly become a barbeque hotbed? Did they have some huge influx of residents move in from KC or the Carolinas?

Well Cook Out brought NC BBQ to the area(Richmond was the first city it expanded to from NC) and people loved it. Lines were wrapped around Laburnum. Honestly I think Richmond just loves its BBQ.

Well Cook Out brought NC BBQ to the area(Richmond was the first city it expanded to from NC) and people loved it. Lines were wrapped around Laburnum. Honestly I think Richmond just loves its BBQ.

Uh, no, Cook Out didn't bring NC bbq to RVA. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, Bill's Barbecue 1st opened in 1930 & sold NC style bbq until it closed last year.

I thought Cookout was known more for it's milkshakes & hamburgers then its bbq...

Uh, no, Cook Out didn't bring NC bbq to RVA. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, Bill's Barbecue 1st opened in 1930 & sold NC style bbq until it closed last year.

I thought Cookout was known more for it's milkshakes & hamburgers then its bbq...

I should have been specific. Cook Out was a strictly NC place until it expanded. Yes, they are known for milkshakes but they are quite popular for their BBQ. It wasn't so much the NC style as the fact that they brought a piece of NC to Richmond. All my OBX friends were celebrating when they got here.

Holy ****. This is a crucial piece of info. Thanks.

Haha, yeah. I'd still give it a try. They're open 11:30-7 and it's not bad down there during the day. I don't think Vision was even open during those hours before Ronnie's moved in. They made the move because the owner of the lot the trailer was on wouldn't renew their lease (Kind of like The Tavern in CVille - RIP)

Archived