Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzz & Neds Barbeque in Richmond, VA

HOF44

I should have been specific. Cook Out was a strictly NC place until it expanded. Yes, they are known for milkshakes but they are quite popular for their BBQ. It wasn't so much the NC style as the fact that they brought a piece of NC to Richmond. All my OBX friends were celebrating when they got here.

Now I get it.

I'm a regular. It's fantastic. It is pricey. I drive down there at least once every four or five weeks from Fredericksburg. You can not go wrong with a rack or a sandwhich. It's just good all the way around.

If I may recommend, get a half-rack of pork, half-rack of beef, cornbread, baked beans, and lemonade. It doesn't get any better than that.

You also may want to keep going down Boulevard and walk it off for a bit at Maymount Park... because it's an ass whooping of a meal but it's fantastic. Hope you like it.

everyone likes a nice rack.

and i mean EVERYONE

Uh, no, Cook Out didn't bring NC bbq to RVA. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, Bill's Barbecue 1st opened in 1930 & sold NC style bbq until it closed last year.

I thought Cookout was known more for it's milkshakes & hamburgers then its bbq...

Cook Out is definitely not known for their BBQ (though it isn't terrible). They are most known for their hamburgers and shakes. A little heads up: Cook Out's fries are pretty damn good.

Besides making me hungry, this thread begs the question. When did Richmond suddenly become a barbeque hotbed? Did they have some huge influx of residents move in from KC or the Carolinas?

I know Ned came from North Carolina. But Buz and Neds has been a "BBQ cart" for years. They used to park outside of Green Top (the gun store) in Hanover before they got that spot on Boulevard.

Their popularity has led to some competition over the years. But Richmond is a blue collar town (for the most part)... there are always going to be hungry guys and gals who want some good barbecue.

Archived