Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden is a Redskins fan!

E33Green

OK I admit this is just an excuse to post this amazing Esquire article in the Stadium: :pfft:

http://www.esquire.com/print-this/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313?page=all

Here's the key part:

By early September of last year, the Shooter was out, officially. Retired. He had survived his last deployment, and there was a barbecue near his house to celebrate with about thirty close friends from "the community." The Redskins were on, his favorite team, and there was lots of Commando ale, brewed by a former SEAL.

Simply awesome.

We are hands down the best fans in the NFL! HTTR and God Bless America! It's a shame he will never be able to come out in public; the guy deserves Season Tickets for the rest of his life!

:logo:

Must be the offseason

Must be. I found the article in the OP to be much more interesting and thought provoking than wild, unfounded speculation about free agents and RG3's knee but to each his or her own.

Makes me proud as hell to know the guy who exacted America's revenge on the most infamous terrorist of our generation was a Skins fan from Virginia Beach.

Must be. I found the article in the OP to be much more interesting and thought provoking than wild, unfounded speculation about free agents and RG3's knee but to each his or her own.

Makes me proud as hell to know the guy who exacted America's revenge on the most infamous terrorist of our generation was a Skins fan from Virginia Beach.

Let the haters hate man

This thread is a refreshing change from the constant "RGIII walked down the stairs today...did he have a limp?" or the "percy harvin is an ******* and the worst human being of all time" stuff

It is a great sorry and all, but I feel that we shouldn't know anything about this guy. It is a danger and threat to his both him and his family that his identity is out there. I know people might rag on me for this, but I find it a little hypocritical at some of the stuff that is hidden and/or covered up by the government and military in the interest of National Security, but they put this guys name and picture out there for the entire world to see. Kind of scary.

Not trying to stir up any crap or controversy but am I the only one who thinks this entire story and "man" to be fictitious?

These are scary times. This guy has no name, no face but yet people are interested in him. It goes to show the power of media. They could literally "create" anyone out of thin air, give him a backstory, and people will believe it.

Me not so much.

Carry on.

Not trying to stir up any crap or controversy but am I the only one who thinks this entire story and "man" to be fictitious?

These are scary times. This guy has no name, no face but yet people are interested in him. It goes to show the power of media. They could literally "create" anyone out of thin air, give him a backstory, and people will believe it.

Me not so much.

Carry on.

I don't think we are talking about Santa Clause here... Plenty of information has already been leaked, especially in movies such as "Zero Dark Thirty." Then again, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist...

Me not so much.

Carry on.

Don't scare fluffy, he's very timid in these trying times...

tin-foil-hat.jpg

It is a great sorry and all, but I feel that we shouldn't know anything about this guy. It is a danger and threat to his both him and his family that his identity is out there. I know people might rag on me for this, but I find it a little hypocritical at some of the stuff that is hidden and/or covered up by the government and military in the interest of National Security, but they put this guys name and picture out there for the entire world to see. Kind of scary.

How is his identity, name, and picture "out there"? His name wasn't used in the article, no photos were used identifying him, his location wasn't disclosed... I understand your concern, but it seems misplaced in this case.

Me not so much.

Carry on.

Did you actually read the article? I know it's long.

Did you actually read the article? I know it's long.

Hi and yes I did.

What does that prove? A Stephen King novel is long and intricate as well but its still a work of fiction.

My problem lies in the fact that this is a very serious issue. Mainstream Media can easily create any fictitious person/story to promote any agenda they want. This isnt "conspiracy theories" its common sense.

I wont get into Bin Laden and his Kidney issues he had long before this "raid" as I do not know what line is drawn over such topics, and I know we are all here for our love of Skins Nation.

I'll leave it with I respect everyones opinion but see mine differs from others. :)

As far as "Zero Dark Thirty" I believe that to be fiction as well.

Hi and yes I did.

What does that prove? A Stephen King novel is long and intricate as well but its still a work of fiction.

My problem lies in the fact that this is a very serious issue. Mainstream Media can easily create any fictitious person/story to promote any agenda they want. This isnt "conspiracy theories" its common sense.

I wont get into Bin Laden and his Kidney issues he had long before this "raid" as I do not know what line is drawn over such topics, and I know we are all here for our love of Skins Nation.

I'll leave it with I respect everyones opinion but see mine differs from others. :)

As far as "Zero Dark Thirty" I believe that to be fiction as well.

Serious question, do you believe the Navy Seals to be fictitous? Do you not believe there are missions that our guys put their lives on the line for everyday which you as a civilian do not know every detail about?

Serious question, do you believe the Navy Seals to be fictitous? Do you not believe there are missions that our guys put their lives on the line for everyday which you as a civilian do not know every detail about?

Hi, and thanks for being rational and not just attacking me over an opinion.

Do I believe navy seals exist that perform life and death missions? Yes I do. However I do not believe this particular story nor do I believe they killed Bin Laden. I believe he has been dead a long time. He was known to be on a dialysis machine and had kidney failure almost a decade ago. Theres a reason why a "body" was rushed out to sea with no forensic testing done to prove it was him. I have heard the reasons why and they make no sense. The man supposedly was responsible for killing 1,000's and we honor his traditions (to be politically correct)? This story goes a lot deeper than what most of you probably know. If you get your "news" strictly from mainstream media that is a big problem as they provide a one sided picture.

I really don't want to derail this thread so if anyone wants to intelligently continue this discussion feel free to private message me. My only request is to keep it civil and respectful.

Cheers. :)

Archived