Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Redskins Schedule Next Year Going To Be Backloaded?

GatorEye

OK, looking at Shefty's twitter post: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/298099671887388673 that the NFL is taking RG3's injury status into account for game scheduling (which tells you something), it got me thinking. Somewhere else I read the Skins said they really aren't going to know until the summer and I'm not sure when the schedule comes out.

Is the league going to dump all the "tough" interesting games they want for primetime in the back end of the season? And even worse, are they going to give us the crappy week 4 bye week thinking it might help us if RG3 isn't ready at the beginning of the season and maybe that gives him an extra week to make it back?

Of course there won't be any way to prove anything, but it will be interesting to see how the schedule looks when it comes it compared to what we know about RG3's recovery at that time.

It's not just the Redskins.

There's been a conscious move to put divisional match-up's and powerhouse contests to the business end of the year which has been about the only good thing Herr Goodell has done.

Hail.

I'm not sure how much longer that is going to fly with Fox since they've been screwed out of two big time NFC East games at the end of the season thanks to the NFL's flex scheduling.

I'm not sure how much longer that is going to fly with Fox since they've been screwed out of two big time NFC East games at the end of the season thanks to the NFL's flex scheduling.

Oh, it'll come to a head with the Networks no question.

But for the game as a whole and in particular a fan standpoint, it's been a real welcome move.

Hail.

The final game will always be a divisional matchup. Now, will flex scheduling still be here? I think so.

As for the schedule; in my- You make the 2013 schedule thread- I did just that. I put the easy games at first and then put the more compelling matchups later in the year. If we do get that schedule and we will know in April; the Redskins can handle it. As we have seen in recent years, as long as you get hot at the right time; you could could go all the way. The Steelers, Packers and Giants were shakey and not even locks for the playoffs. They made it in and went on a run. Baltimore looked horrible at the end of the year but they went on a run.

If we get a backloaded schedule; then we will have to find a way to win.

The great thing about having RGIII in the game this year, was that every game he was in I felt we had a shot at winning until the final whistle. I did not always feel that way with McNabb or Rex or Beck or Campbell etc. So frontload or backload or spreadload the Skins schedule, the Redskins are repeating as divisional champions and going the distance.

i remember when the schedule came out last april everyone talked about how brutal the 2nd half was (esp with divisional games) and how we would need to win early to have any chance at the playoffs. we all saw how that played out. i'm not worried about games that look tough in april.

also, no one knows which nfl teams will be good in any given year. thus, it's pretty hard to "backload" a schedule with matchups that have national appeal when there's a good chance certain teams that should be good could very well suck (ex: 2012 eagles)

It probably will. Im going to assume the NFL is going to want to put us on primetime a few times against the teams that finished in 1st place this season and or our division rivals and with the uncertainty of Griff's injury its likely that will happen. With Griff and Co at the helm, doesnt really matter.

I, like alot of others were a little shook of the 2nd half this season when the schedule came out last year.

If Mara pulls some BS like trying to get the Giants to play the Skins twice in the first 6 weeks or so, I want to see his expression when Capt. Kirk beats his team and a second straight year of overcoming his Cap room restrictions.

Mara has nothing to do with the scheduling, it is all about network ratings anymore CBS, FOX, NBC, and NFL Network have a lot of say when it comes to the schedule each year trust me

This news is VERY relieving to me...

My wish-list would be for a week 4 or 5 bye...

Kansas City and Oakland games in September...

No more than 2 division games in first 9 weeks (we only had 1 this year...Giants)

This would be the absolute BEST for us if RG3 doesn't play the first 4-6 weeks... even if he does play, we could have huge leads against the likes of Oakland and KC and get him out of the game in the 4th quarter... Pretty mush ANY game that becomes a 17 point game either way, RG3 should be pulled out.

HTTR!

Having the division games stacked at the end can cut both ways depending on your POV. If you think we are good enough to win a majority of those games then why not get them over early before injuries start to pile up. I'd like to win those games early in the season and have a chance to clinch the division as early as possible and rest some guys coming down the stretch. Having the last game against Dallas to clinch the division makes for good drama, but personally I'd rather be in the clubhouse up four with three to play.

Archived