Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Fans under 30

DubMoney

If your a skins fan like me thats under 30 (Im 25 btw) you never got to witness the glory years. The reasons why we have such a rich tradition and fan base...So i usually take the time in the off season to watch all the older games. Last night was the first time i watched the 1987 NFC Divisional Game against the bears...lol it was magnificent! Darrell Green punt return is like nothing you will ever see. lol i saw highlights...but never did i see the game in its entirety. The game was played soo much different then...

<<<<Darrell Green punt return

1987 NFC Divisional playoffs Redskins VS Bears

-Direct Torrent Download. 100% safe. I had no issues with the download.

http://tenyardtracker.com/download.php?torrent=14034, http://tenyardtracker.com/details.php?id=14034.

I will be converting this file into a mp4 later today. i will post it then.

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

Oh and watching a game with John Madden and Pat calling it makes you really appreciate the moment. S**T is Tight!!!

It was a slower game...not necessarily the players, but style of play. It might have just been me being younger, but if a team took the lead around the 2-minute warning, it was pretty much over. You didn't have scenarios like you saw in the Seahawks/Falcons game when teams can move the ball so quickly. The use of the clock is light years ahead of where it was 25 years ago.

What people may not realize is that by the Redskins winning this game it was the first and only time in NFL history where a team home games in the playoffs in back to back season to the same team. The Redskins won in Chicago the year prior in the playoffs. This was also the late great Walter Payton's last game.

I like to hear stories like the OP's about going back and watching games from before they were born or could remember. As a fan from the glory days, the biggest comfort we has was knowing that Joe Gibbs was in charge and would give us a great chance to win. I remember that Bears game very well and I remember thinking that Gibbs should put D.Green in to return that punt and he did. Green returned punts on occasion when Gibbs thought he could make a big play. Boy did he come through on that one.

I hope all of you "under 30's" are about to experience the same kind of ride us older fans did back in the 80's and early 90's. This past season was a pretty good start.

It was a slower game...not necessarily the players, but style of play. It might have just been me being younger, but if a team took the lead around the 2-minute warning, it was pretty much over. You didn't have scenarios like you saw in the Seahawks/Falcons game when teams can move the ball so quickly. The use of the clock is light years ahead of where it was 25 years ago.

The rules were not conducive to the type of O we see today. You could maul QB's, receivers were not yet running free, and there were no defenseless receiver rules. The D had a lot more freedom back then.

I like to hear stories like the OP's about going back and watching games from before they were born or could remember. As a fan from the glory days, the biggest comfort we has was knowing that Joe Gibbs was in charge and would give us a great chance to win. I remember that Bears game very well and I remember thinking that Gibbs should put D.Green in to return that punt and he did. Green returned punts on occasion when Gibbs thought he could make a big play. Boy did he come through on that one.

I hope all of you "under 30's" are about to experience the same kind of ride us older fans did back in the 80's and early 90's. This past season was a pretty good start.

I agree whole heartedly! The runs in 2005 and 2007 were nice but beating Dallas to win the NFC East on the final game of the regular season is as good as it gets, short of a Super Bowl of course! The last time we had a scenario in the finale was 1984 when we held on against the Cardinals 26-24. I remember the ending where the cardinals were out of time puits and had to rush their players onto the field to attempt a field goal that sailed wide.

I would love today's younger fans to experience the glory days like us old timers did... hopefully they are about to... maybe I'll come along for the ride too..

While I love to go back and watch the old games that I witnessed live, I would love for us to be able to make a new SB highlight film or America's Game series. I get tired of rehashing the old days, even if that is all we have.

This right here. As much love and respect I have for the former Redskins and the Glory years. I want my own tradition, my OWN glory.

I'm under 30 but lucky enough to remember the Super Bowl XXVI against the Bills like it was yesterday... My sister was the team babysitter and was at the game, holding young Angela Rypien while she slept throught the entire game up in the hotel room. My brother and I got to go to a lot of games that season and sat with the players wives...

I specifically remember against the Lions, after the game... Joe Gibbs came out of the locker room and personally grabbed my bro and I and brought us in to the locker room, at the request of Mark Rypien.

We then got a ride home from Chip Lohmiller who lived right down the street.

I can't wait to own a house so I can have the most ultimate man cave ever with all the memorabilia.

I stay close with the Rypiens to this day... and If I knew how to work this twitter thing, I'd show you guys the "Thanks" to my family I received from Mark Rypien for our "help in achieving that great moment in Redskins history."

Also, I have some great VHS I'd love to share if I could find a way to convert them to DVD or MP3 on here... Scenes from the old Quarterback Challenges with Rypien, Marino, Aikmen, Boomer, etc... BTW, all the QB's disliked Marino at the time and on the VHS my sister shot, you'd see the reason why... He was a ****y punk.

The picture quality and look of the jerseys etc makes it impossible for me to go back and look at "older" games.. I'm 25 and watching games from the early 00's without HD look off to me. Guess im just spoiled with the times.

Well, you are only 7, so being spoiled is expected.

;)

:helmet: The Rook

The rules were not conducive to the type of O we see today. You could maul QB's, receivers were not yet running free, and there were no defenseless receiver rules. The D had a lot more freedom back then.

The total beating the D put on Kelley in SB 26 is amazing if you look at it. They beat the crap out of him ALL game.

The picture quality and look of the jerseys etc makes it impossible for me to go back and look at "older" games.. I'm 25 and watching games from the early 00's without HD look off to me. Guess im just spoiled with the times.

Wow. I'd go back to SD if I could experience a run like we had back then. Even now, I would watch my boys on a 7-inch black and white TV.

I agree whole heartedly! The runs in 2005 and 2007 were nice but beating Dallas to win the NFC East on the final game of the regular season is as good as it gets, short of a Super Bowl of course! The last time we had a scenario in the finale was 1984 when we held on against the Cardinals 26-24. I remember the ending where the cardinals were out of time puits and had to rush their players onto the field to attempt a field goal that sailed wide.

I would love today's younger fans to experience the glory days like us old timers did... hopefully they are about to... maybe I'll come along for the ride too..

Love this post!! I remember that game too...the whole family was in our favorite spot, huddled in the afghans we were crocheting for the year, even the dogs and cat were there...grandparents called right away, and we were on all extensions screaming all at once!...thanks for that memory!!!

Hail!

Btw, love your sig...had to explain it to a young'un the other day, lol!

Yes the game was more ground and pound. Wearing down your opponent was a goal, if you could run the ball and stop the run you usually won. I don't really mind the change in mindset but miss the brute mentality of the game in it's purest form. The highlights are better now but the calls for blows to the head or even worse the chest are overboard. Ronnie Lott, Dick Butkus etc, sure wouldn't survive in todays game.

im 28 and i never really had a favorite team until around 2005. my friend was a redskins fan and every week he would keep talking redskins so i really started following the team so I knew what he was talking about. Ive been a skins fans ever since. One of my first memories was seeing shaun alexander concussed on the sideline of the playoff game and just knowing we would win the game.

i know all of you older fans despise the our division rivals, but as long as i have watched the redskins, we've been to the playoffs 3 times and all 3 times we got beat by seattle. I cannot stand them.

I'm 24 and it's tough. All through grade school I was a HUGE Dan Marino fan and that was even the first jersey I got. My first Redskins game ever was also when Dan Marino played against them. Once he retired I became a full Redskins fan and haven't looked back.

I have always said that I have a special level of respect for young skins fans. It was pretty easy to become a fan if you are over 25.... I don't go to 30 because a 30 year old was damn near 10 the last time we won a Super Bowl

But to be fair, some of us older fans were fans before we won those SBs. It was easy to be a Redskins fan because it usually stayed in the family and was passed from generation to generation. We never saw those SBs coming, but I feel extremely lucky that I witnessed them. I just wish I had have appreciated them even more and savored the moment at the time. With Gibbs behind the wheel, we always felt like we could go any year and took it for granted.

But to be fair, some of us older fans were fans before we won those SBs. It was easy to be a Redskins fan because it usually stayed in the family and was passed from generation to generation. We never saw those SBs coming, but I feel extremely lucky that I witnessed them. I just with I had have appreciated them even more and savored the moment at the time. With Gibbs behind the wheel, we always felt like we could go any year and took it for granted.

Very valid point. I guess what I am saying is that my age group had it easiest. :ols:

While I love to go back and watch the old games that I witnessed live, I would love for us to be able to make a new SB highlight film or America's Game series. I get tired of rehashing the old days, even if that is all we have.

I'm with you. Hopefully that's right around the corner.

But it will take something very special to stack up to what we witnesses in the golden age of DC football. We didn't just have 3 magical runs...we were regular contenders for the Lombardi almost every season. No matter what we do with Griffin, that is going to be the era that made us a storied franchise.

From 1982 through 1987, we were a top 3-4 team in the NFL 5 times (the only exception being 1985's 10-6 team). We had another mini burst from 1990 through 1992 when we were arguably road losses in SF away from 3 straight SB appearances.

I realize people know these things, but we were that era's Patriots or Steelers. No matter who had to play for those teams, they made plays and won games. It would take quite a run to eclipse that. I hope this new crop can add to the legacy (and the 7-game run to the division crown is quite a first step).

Archived