Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Washington Redskins duped by woman with fake online identity

emor09

Most likely just for eye candy, especially with all of the photoshop pics of her in skins gear.

The stories about failed skype attempts are pretty hilarious though :ols::ols:

eye candy on a podcast lol! apprently some guy is appearing on nbc4 news at 11 to talk about this topic.

What I wonder is how guys like Joe Theisman and M Lombardi didn't vet the podcast members a little more. Don't these guys have people to take care of this?

Feel bad for the HTTR guys. Hope this doesn't give them a black eye, but also hope they quit letting strangers jump in on their podcasts

What I wonder is how guys like Joe Theisman and M Lombardi didn't vet the podcast members a little more. Don't these guys have people to take care of this?

Feel bad for the HTTR guys. Hope this doesn't give them a black eye, but also hope they quit letting strangers jump in on their podcasts

I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but we'll keep doing the pod and putting out quality info everyone will enjoy. I'm not on as much as I used to, but those guys do a great job with info and having fun

My take on this is that it wouldn't even be a story if it weren't for the Te'o hoax. This just doesn't seem like anything newsworthy...

Maybe not, especially on NFL.com, but for many ES posters it has much more meaning than it would for your average NFL or even Skins fan.

i just understand why a girl like her was invited to the podcasts when no one knew her and she probably thought it was a way in to contact players from the redskins

That's just it. She 'catfished' several players on the Redskins roster which led to some inside information for the podcast. She may have sounded like a complete dumbass, but sometimes her info was correct.

Maybe not, especially on NFL.com, but for many ES posters it has much more meaning than it would for your average NFL or even Skins fan.

Yeah, you're right... but I just see single football players being attracted to a fan (albeit fake). The thing about the internet is anybody can pretend to be anybody else, and it doesn't necessarily make somebody stupid or naive to get duped initially.

The reason the Te'o story is a story is because of the whole death, and cancer aspect of it (and Te'o possibly being in on it). Not to mention the very shoddy reporting by the media. This doesn't really have those elements. So I kinda just shrug my shoulders at this one.

That's just it. She 'catfished' several players on the Redskins roster which led to some inside information for the podcast. She may have sounded like a complete dumbass, but sometimes her info was correct.

Sid probably had two gems that I can remember; she tipped us off and Bryan Kehl and she had some contract numbers, but other than that, I can't recall any news she had that LL or JSteelz didn't have first.

The thing about the podcast is, even though we sometimes have inside info, we're still mainly just fans. It's no different than any other group of fans making a podcast, just ours is slightly more high profile. Ish. I started a wrestling podcast with a bunch of buddies from a message board; didn't know 'em personally, just thought they were cool people, chatted a couple times and then started doing a podcast.

"Sid" was around for a long time, and yeah, it never hurts having the hot chick on the podcast, but at that point we didn't really have a reason not to trust her. There were inconsistencies, but when you're cool with someone you just sort of ignore them until too much evidence starts piling up.

I guess I didn't listen enough to hear anything she said that came to pass. The only thing I remember is her teasing big news about the salary cap penalty arbitration ruling, and then she tries to slip out of the show for some "medical school" excuse without giving it. But the other guys remembered that she had the tip and asked her about it before she left. She sheepishly mutters, "5 million" and then gets off the line, leaving everyone to fill in the blanks of what she was talking about.

At the time, I didn't believe her, because the arbitration was an all-or-nothing thing. Either they would rule in our favor or not (turned out: not). It smelled of total BS. To be fair, I think the other hosts took it with a grain of salt as well. They were just too polite to really call her out on it.

She sounded incredibly ghetto to me. She had a voice for silent film.

Yea....she turned me off from the podcast........the medical school thing was the red flag for me.....she just sounded too illiterate to be in med school......plus she was rude as hell...

My sister took my son to the Giants game up at metlife and she was going to hook up with them since she was supposedly the only skins fan at the game, sure she wasnt even there,

That picture she photoshopped is incredible, how did she change the haircolor so perfectly......guess u can do all sorts of stuff with that deal

Edit: i misspoke.....meant the technical matching of hair line, not color :)

Let me clear up a lot of stuff I see in here...

- When we started the podcast we thought it would be cool to have a female part of the group. Sidney was a follower on twitter for a long time and had 20,000 followers so we gave her a shot. We thought Redskins female fan with a lot of followers would help push the podcast on twitter. Unfortunately we did not do backround checks at that time and had no reason to believe anything was amiss.

- Some people liked Sid and some people hated her on the pod, at times the podcast crew felt the same way. Sidney brought NO INSIDE INFORMATION to the show, All of her information she broke was given to her to do so by one of us. We thought giving her stuff to break would help keep her relevant since she was lost in the conversation most of the time. It got old having to baby her along in the show and we did try to replace her with Jennifer Williams BUT as everyone knows that fell through.

- We were doing a podcast talking Redskins... We really didn't think there was a reason to be worried about a scam artist. Nobody on our crew talked to Sid outside of football related stuff.

- After a lot of bs and a string of inconsistencies adding up we looked deeper into Sid and her story. We knew she was a fake on December 13th and publicly outed her on December 18th. Over the next few days we spoke with the Redskins and exchanged information and then a NFL investigation began into Sid. Out of respect for the investigation we stopped talking about Sid.

- Jeff Darlington remembered seeing the teams warning about Sid in the locker room after the Te'o story broke. He then Googled Sidneys account and found Dre's info in her mentions on twitter. He hit up Dre for the story on Sidney Ackerman. The site was suppose to be credited but as you can see he took the story as his own.. all good

LavarLeap56

I know the logistics of putting the show together were extremely difficult. I enjoyed it despite her and am so glad she is gone. I look forward to your efforts in the future.

Totally understandable that you had no reason to doubt her in the beginning.

Archived