Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

I'll be paying attention to DB Buddy Jackson currently on our PS. He's got the size and speed. I hope he can take the next step.

He's one of my dark horse favorites too, but just because of this:

Buddy Jackson

961068.jpg

D'Angelo Barkesdale

larry-gilliard-jr-signed-photo1_00d4ba965a8110cb30c7869af572cb7a.jpg

I used to be a huge fan of bringing in Talib, but with his nagging injury history, I have scouted a few more CB's. My ex is a huge Steelers fan and after watching most of their games, the top CB in my mind for the Redskins is:

Keenan Lewis, 6'0 - 208lbs. Steelers will not be able to retain him. Second in the league with passes defended.

I think going in with Hall and Wilson, with backups Crawford/Griffin. Bringing in K. Lewis would immediately set Hall/Wilson to slot which I am more comfortable with. I am not too confident with Chase Minnifield returning but we shall see.

Remove Dominique Johnson and Jerome Murphy.

If we can not sign Keenan Lewis... then look for Chris Houston who is noteably one of the top cover corners who goes under the radar for playing for the Lions who have other noteables like Delmas. Lastly, If we can not get either of these two, I would look at EJ Biggers out of Tampa. The Bucs would be foolish not to resign him but he came in for Talib during injury and made the Bucs fans quickly forget Aqib Talib. He could be the #2 on any NFL team.

Keenan Lewis, 6'0 - 208lbs. Steelers will not be able to retain him. Second in the league with passes defended.

He looked very good against the Ravens. I'll add him. Nice pull!

I think going in with Hall and Wilson, with backups Crawford/Griffin. Bringing in K. Lewis would immediately set Hall/Wilson to slot which I am more comfortable with. I am not too confident with Chase Minnifield returning but we shall see.

I'm optimistic about Chase but I don't think he'll peak at anything better than a #2. He's better with the boundry so he'll have to be a back up anyways because he'd get murdered in the slot.

What is an "arrow(s)" to the knee next to Phillips? Did he get attacked by actual Robin Hood and his men?

It's a joke in reference to the game Skyrim. There's this NPC who was like "I used to be an adventurer, until I took an arrow to the knee."

With the sheer number of knee injuries Phillips has had, I figured he was in the same boat.

*cough* Nick Florence *cough*

On the one hand, he definitely knows the system, and is a possible dual threat sleeper. On the other hand, he'd have one heck of an inferiority complex if he sat behind Griffin in college AND in the pros.

Also, DC9, anything you want me to add for the spreadsheets? I'm doing one for CBs, and them probably one for WRs, and them might re-do them for 2012 stats. Current ones I did are on career stats, which kind of hurt late bloomers.

I really dislike Royster being a 3rd downer. Some of the blocks he let slide this year I could not. Also find him to be rather ineffective on majority of his runs. Helu is needed as change of pace. But they need to figure out their third down package and who will be blocking the QB out of the RB position.

I think Woodhead stays in NE.

Woodhead would be a great pickup. Helu can be a third down back and spot starter if Morris gets banged up. We still need a quick change of pace guy though.

On the one hand, he definitely knows the system, and is a possible dual threat sleeper. On the other hand, he'd have one heck of an inferiority complex if he sat behind Griffin in college AND in the pros.

Yeah, Rob likes him though. He spoke glowingly about him. He won't start anywhere in my opinion... but being that they are both Art Briles guys, his value here is more than it would be as a backup to any other team.

Also, DC9, anything you want me to add for the spreadsheets? I'm doing one for CBs, and them probably one for WRs, and them might re-do them for 2012 stats. Current ones I did are on career stats, which kind of hurt late bloomers.

that sounds good!

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 02:53 PM ----------

Woodhead would be a great pickup. Helu can be a third down back and spot starter if Morris gets banged up. We still need a quick change of pace guy though.

I know a lot of guys have been talking about the need for a scat back. He'd fit the mold and majority has ruled.

Been hearing Sean Smith, CB of MIA is going to hit the open market. Got to figure he will be the top cover corner on the market and would look great opposite Wilson.

Oh he is definitely on the list! There is going to be a real opportunity to add a piece or two to this secondary with our given cap space. That opportunity gets that much better with any kind of cap relief we may get.

EDIT: There will be some epic fights to be a member of this defense this year, the likes of which we haven't seen around here in years. And that includes all three units.

For you guys talking about Danny Woodhead....

Steelers waive Chris Rainey

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8832829/chris-rainey-pittsburgh-steelers-waived-arrest-battery-florida

He is a beast return man and a true gadget player. He's the speed back/scat back. Drafted in the 5th this past draft. A lot of draft gurus predicted we would have taken him in the 4th last year.

Shanahan at the Senior Bowl:

Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said he has been impressed with Florida RB Chris Rainey at the Senior Bowl. "I'm just impressed with the way he's handling himself the first couple of days," Shanahan said. "He's picked things up very quickly. You're never really sure how people adapt to a system. And I'm not his agent, but I do want a little piece of the action."

2012-01-25 05:36:55 | Source: CBSSports.com

Oh he is definitely on the list! There is going to be a real opportunity to add a piece or two to this secondary with our given cap space. That opportunity gets that much better with any kind of cap relief we may get.

EDIT: There will be some epic fights to be a member of this defense this year, the likes of which we haven't seen around here in years. And that includes all three units.

A lot of guys will go for money but you bring up a great point. Who wouldn't want to play on this team? A charismatic superstar as QB on offense, and hopefully Fletch still leading the D. We have to love what we are building here

Yeah he also likes beating women apparently. No thanks on Rainey, would rather have Woodhead.

Have to think of price though... It's guaranteed Rainey comes cheaper than Woodhead... I love me some woodhead but Shanahan really liked Rainey at the Senior Bowl... I could see us pick him up and give it a shot.

Have to think of price though... It's guaranteed Rainey comes cheaper than Woodhead... I love me some woodhead but Shanahan really liked Rainey at the Senior Bowl... I could see us pick him up and give it a shot.

It's a gamble we should take I believe, it solves our return problems and gives us an explosive player in the flats out of the backfield.

Rainey would cost us about $480,000/year. I could see Woodhead commanding $1.5 mil/year. With our cap penalties, I don't care how good B. Allen is with numbers, we need to explore all possible avenues to fulfill needs.

Doesn't Brandon Marshall beat his girlfriend daily and still plays his butt off? These guys are egotistical... it's the nature of the beast.

Archived