Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Creepy similarities between 2007 Redskins and 2012 Redskins?

RIPSean

Thought this would be a good change of pace for today. I am probably reaching on some of this but it's all in good fun. EDIT: Race plays a role in this thread as it plays into the similarities. IF that offends you, go back to Berkley.

The 2007 Redskins were quarterbacked by Jason Campbell, a fairly athletic black QB from the South who the Redskins drafted in the first round a few years prior with a draft pick they acquired by trading away multiple draft picks.

In week 14 of the 2007 season, the Redskins played the Chicago Bears, a team traditionally known for their strong defense and veteran, superstar MLB. The Bears ranked #3 in scoring defense the year before and won their conference championship. Their defense was not nearly as good as the year prior finishing at #16 in the league.

Campbell was injured in the 2nd quarter of the game on a hit to the knee by a defensive lineman. He was replaced by a largely unproven white veteran qb named Todd Collins. Todd= 4 letters, 3 consonants, one vowel (2nd letter.) Collins: 7 letters, starts with a C, 2nd letter an O and last letter an S. Collins came off the bench and won the game in fairly dramatic fashion. The next week he started against the New York Giants on the road and won by double digits. Collins played college football at Michigan.

The Redskins ended up 9-7 after a late season surge, a vast improvement after a 5-11 record the season before. They lost to the Seahawks in the wildcard round by double digits in a game in which they scored all 14 of their points in one quarter (4th) and were largely dominated for the rest of the game. They clinched a playoff spot by beating the Dallas Cowboys by double digits at home in the final game of the season. They had a runningback from Florida with over 1,000 yards and no receiver approached 1,000 yards. London Fletcher led the team in tackles.

The 2012 Redskins were quarterbacked by Robert Griffin III, a freakishly athletic black QB from the South who the Redskins drafted in the first round with a draft pick they acquired by trading away multiple draft picks. That's about the end of the RG3, Jason Campbell comparison.

In week 14 of the 2012 season, the Redskins played the Baltimore Ravens, a team traditionally known for their strong defense and veteran, superstar MLB. The Ravens ranked #3 in scoring defense the year before and lost in the closing seconds of their conference championship. Their defense was not nearly as good as the year prior, finishing at #12 in the league.

RG3 was injured in the 4th quarter of the game on a hit to the knee by a defensive lineman. He was replaced by an unproven white QB named Kirk Cousins. Kirk= 4 letters, 3 consonants, one vowel (2nd letter.) Cousins: 7 letters, starts with a C, 2nd letter an O and last letter an S. Colusins came off the bench and won the game in very dramatic fashion. The next week he started against the Cleveland Browns on the road and won by double digits. Collins played college football at Michigan State.

The Redskins ended up 10-6 after a late season surge, a vast improvement on the 5-11 record of the season before. They lost to the Seahawks in the wildcard round by double digits in a game in which they scored all 14 of their points in one quarter (1st) and were largely dominated for the rest of the game. They clinched a playoff spot by beating the Dallas Cowboys by double digits at home in the final game of the season. They had a running back from Florida with (well) over 1,000 yards and no receiver approached 1,000 yards. London Fletcher led the team in tackles.

Let me know if you find anymore.

I thought it was interesting how in the last game of the regular season in 2007 we won by 21 (ST's number) against Dallas and lost by 21 the next week against the Seahawks. In the final regular season game of 2012 we won by 10 against Dallas and lost by 10 against the Seahawks the following week. We won by RG3 and we lost by RG3.

The fact that you typed this: "a fairly athletic black QB from the South" and "a freakishly athletic black QB from the South" as any means for comparison warrants nothing but me shaking my head, letting you know, and exiting out of this thread.

So they're not both black QBs from the South or am I just supposed to pretend like I don't notice that because somehow that makes me a racist?

And 3+4=7 unless 4 isn't actually a number which means we've all been fed lies our whole life and everything means nothing now. I don't know if green is really green or if its blue just shaded differently in my mind. Am I really here right now, maybe this is all just a

yeah i had a feeling yesterday once we let the seahawks get 13 points to make the score 14-13, that the game might very well end up like the 07 playoff game against them. also, if i recal correctly, in the 07 game we had a missed interception opportunity in the end zone. same thing with yesterday-missed interception opportunity in the end zone...

I think there are more similarities between the 2012 Redskins and the 2009 Packers.

Run tell that.

Totally agree. In fact, I had said that I thought our team would mirror that Packer's team this year in the offseason. I thought RG3 would put Rodger's like numbers except with more running yards taking the place of his passing yards. We're built just like them right now, and we can build even more this offseason. Can't wait to see who we bring in along with getting Davis, Helu, Orakpo and Carriker back.

Both teams also had running backs drafted by Mike Shanahan.

Chris Cooley was on both teams.

---------- Post added January-7th-2013 at 03:25 PM ----------

And 3+4=7 unless 4 isn't actually a number which means we've all been fed lies our whole life and everything means nothing now. I don't know if green is really green or if its blue just shaded differently in my mind. Am I really here right now, maybe this is all just a

1+1=3 for very large values of 1

The human mind is very good at finding patterns, even when there really are none.

Perhaps these coincidences are a bit contrived, but they are at least interesting.

Hopefully 2013 is not like 2008.

Yeah, like I said I'm probably reaching on some of this but I couldn't find the same similarities between other seasons, although their are some with 05.

Archived