Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaws Final 2012 QB Rankings (RG3 Related)

Farbod21

Flacco and Cutler are the two big problems there, IMO. Flacco should be middle of the pack, not top 10, and Cutler is worthy of top 10 seemingly only in the first half of the season, but then falls apart down the stretch.

Wilson should also be ahead of Luck, Luck should be in the teens. While Wilson did have the training wheels on the first 8ish weeks, they really let him cut loose and he's played very well. RGIII being in the top 10 is very nice though, he's played like it, so it's nice to see that recognized.

full article

1. Peyton Manning

Previous: 1

There is a very good debate over who is the NFL's best QB in 2012, one that has prompted a lot of conversation at the NFL Films office. But as far as I'm concerned, what Manning has done, going to a different system and producing the way he has, makes him my top quarterback. Changing from one system to another is just so difficult. I transitioned through several systems in my career and have learned firsthand how all of the little things that build chemistry -- the eye contact, the play-calling language, the subtle indicators -- can take years to develop. Peyton has done it in a single season, bringing the other players around him onto the same page with him.

It's true that his arm strength isn't what it used to be, but his anticipation is better than it has ever been. I don't know how he completes some of those back-line throws he made last week. Manning is obsessive about his accuracy and, when he practices, will point to his receivers' shoulder pads and tell them, "the ball will be right here." This past week, he hit Demaryius Thomas in the belt buckle for a touchdown. I'm pretty sure that, despite the touchdown, Peyton was upset about missing his target.

It's that kind of dedication that led him to such a speedy recovery, and such quick acclimation in Denver. It also has made him my No. 1 QB for 2012.

2. Aaron Rodgers

Previous: 3

Rodgers has been phenomenal of late. He definitely has struggled at times because of different circumstances over the course of 2012, including health at wide receiver and his protection, but he's ending on a high note. The Packers' line has not been very good; Marshall Newhouse and Don Barclay need help from running backs and chip blocks. Because of that, Rodgers has not had his full receiving complement at his disposal this season, as tight ends and backs have needed to stay in and help the linemen. His receiving corps has been banged up virtually all season, but he hummed along for the most part. He has felt pressure at times -- and gotten a little frenetic as a result -- but he worked his way through it. He was very, very solid in the last quarter of the year.

3 . Tom Brady

Previous: 2

At some point, high praise for Brady just feels like piling on. He slides solely because I thought Rodgers was sharper down the stretch and Brady showed a little cause for concern against Jacksonville. I thought he made some questionable decisions and missed throws down the middle. But when you're a surefire Hall of Famer and a top-three QB in the National Football League, those are the exceptions, not the rule. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

4. Matt Ryan

Previous: 4

Ryan had one bad game with five picks against Arizona in mid-November, but he has since calmed down and I believe he is ready to make a playoff run and put postseason shortcoming talk behind him. Here's what will be critical for the Falcons' success: Ryan is a QB who needs a comfortable pocket. The first thing his playoff opponents will try to do defensively is get pressure up the middle and pass-rushers around Ryan's feet. If I showed you all the bad throws from Ryan in 2012, the vast majority would be because he had to move and didn't get his feet set. Ryan has been very good this year, but when defenses make him move, he has a tendency to make mistakes.

5. Drew Brees

Previous: 8

I had to drop Brees over the course of the year because he just wasn't playing up to his standards. I think he'll be the first to tell you that 19 INTs isn't good. I've seen him work through his slump the past few weeks (11 TDs, 1 INT), and I've slotted him back into the top 5, as a result. When things get back to normal in New Orleans next season, I expect him to still be among the league's elite passers.

6. Ben Roethlisberger

Previous: 5

Although I'm taking his injury into consideration, Roethlisberger slips one peg to end the season. He finished with a flourish against the Browns, but the lack of a playoff berth for Pittsburgh is disappointing. When he was healthy, though, Big Ben carried this team for most of the season. The run game (26th in the league) didn't help much, nor did some drops from his receivers.

7. Eli Manning

Previous: 7

Eli was very inconsistent down the stretch, but his body of work says he's definitely a top-10 guy. We could see the highs clearly enough with his great game against the Eagles in Week 17. Unfortunately, there were too many lows mixed in this season as well (see: Weeks 15 and 16). Eli has some reparation work to do in the offseason.

8. Joe Flacco

Previous: 9

The next hurdle for Flacco is to get it done in the playoffs, but I really saw his confidence level grow against the Giants. He was hitting on the deep ball, firing the ball outside the numbers, and he looked as if he had that edge he showed us against New England in Week 3. For the Ravens to succeed in the playoffs, he'll have to show it again.

9. Matt Schaub

Previous: 6

There's no other way to put it than by saying Schaub is in a real slump. The Texans have not been able to get the ball downfield, and, for Schaub to have success, they have to connect on those shot plays. He is not a matriculator; he's not going to steadily complete passes on a long drive. He needs a few plays that can chew up big chunks of yards. Houston is another team that has yet to enjoy great playoff success. This weekend presents a huge game for the Texans, and for Schaub.

10. Robert Griffin III

Previous: 16

I didn't think it would be possible for a quarterback to climb into the top 10 in the NFL in Year 1. A track record of success, and being successful when the league has a book on you, should count for something. But you really can't say enough about the rapid success RG III has enjoyed in Washington. As we discussed above, the Shanahans have fostered his growth slowly and stayed away from dumping too much on the rookie too soon. They've kept it simple -- and have maximized Griffin's natural athletic gifts in the process. I've also been impressed with his grit and toughness and his presence as a leader on that football team. That locker room respects him, which is no small feat for a rookie QB.

11. Andrew Luck

Previous: 15

Another rookie who got his team to the playoffs. Luck needed to acclimate a little more rapidly than his rookie peers, in that Indianapolis didn't really enjoy the surrounding talent in the run game that Washington and Seattle enjoyed. But despite the steep learning curve, Luck has already achieved success and will only get better with more experience. That pass to T.Y. Hilton last week … you just cannot make a better throw than that. The accuracy of the throw was great, but it goes deeper than that. It was the read, the eye discipline to manipulate the defense, the pump fake to move the safety -- it was a Hall of Fame-worthy pass, especially at that juncture of a big game.

12. Jay Cutler

Previous: 10

I love Cutler's talent -- now he just needs a coaching staff that can maximize it. I see so many tools that should equate to success for Cutler, and we've gotten glimpses of it all season long, but there has been no consistency. He needs a support system that can help him maximize his talent … and help keep that pass rush off his back. For Cutler's future, what happens on the offensive line in Chicago means as much as anything.

13. Russell Wilson

Previous: 19

Wilson debuted at No. 31 when I updated my rankings after Week 4. Look at him now, leading the Seahawks to the playoffs. I was a little concerned with his Week 17 showing against the Rams, as I thought he left some plays on the field. A little too often his No. 1 target would open up, but he'd already moved on to his next read. I thought he just lost a little discipline in that game, which gives me pause as he goes on the road for his playoff debut. He needs to regain that calmness that led him to such a stellar second half of the season.

14. Colin Kaepernick

Previous: 20

Kaepernick is the reason I like the San Francisco 49ers to win it all. Between his arm strength and his foot speed, there is nothing the Niners' offense can't do. They've got the smashmouth ground game, and the quick-strike deep ball. He has shown good feel in the pocket and, like Griffin, looks to make the pass first and doesn't default to his legs at the first sign of pressure. With a little time off thanks to the first-round bye, we could see some revolutionary types of plays from Jim Harbaugh as well.

15. Tony Romo sits to pee

Previous: 11

I defended Tony Romo sits to pee in the last installment of my rankings, and he repays me with that Week 17 clunker against Washington? That game was disastrous. All three of those interceptions were on him. And as well as he has played at times this season, it's hard to get excited about him going forward. Point blank: At crunch time, he didn't play well, made bad decisions and bad throws. All in all, he dropped five spots on my board since the start of the 2012 season.

16. Andy Dalton

Previous: 17

I think Dalton has been good to very good this season. Now I'm just waiting for him to become great. When I watch him on film, he just holds the ball a little too long. When Target No. 1 is open, you've got to let it go. When the Bengals were in the red zone, he left some scoring plays on the field. There was that stretch from Nov. 4 to 25 when he had 10 TDs against a lone interception. That's stellar, but I think he could have had 20 TDs if he just threw the ball to the open targets. Still, it was a nice improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 and I can honestly see a bright future in the top 10.

17. Philip Rivers

Previous: 13

I'm a huge Rivers fan, but this was just a down year from him. The Chargers had trouble on their O-line, particularly at left tackle; he lost go-to receiver Vincent Jackson. He never looked comfortable and it manifested in some poor play. I still think he has some gas in the tank, but he needs a better supporting cast.

18. Cam Newton

Previous: 18

Newton started coming on strong once the Panthers stopped trying to get everyone involved in the run game. I thought there was too much of a collegiate, option-style approach early on. I think that works as a changeup, but not as your fastball. Once they started getting DeAngelo Williams some regular carries, things improved. Newton remains a solid QB, but he still had too many misses of open receivers in 2012. He needs to work on his accuracy in the offseason, and that's a skill he should be able to improve.

19. Josh Freeman

Previous: 12

I think Freeman was the biggest disappointment of the season's last quarter. His poor play really reminded me of his struggles from the end of 2011, and seemed to suggest no improvement year over year. He was wildly inaccurate, with his mechanics failing him. He was often throwing off his back foot instead of driving his throws. He has a lot of repairs to make in the offseason.

20. Matthew Stafford

Previous: 14

Stafford was a big faller this season, dropping from No. 6 to No. 20. Yeah, the big numbers are there, but the volume of passes is so high in Detroit it masks his problems a little bit. I truly think Stafford needs to get back to the fundamentals. I wish I could coach him for a little bit because I know he understands what he needs to do, but the mechanics just aren't ingrained. To be consistent in your success, you must be consistent with mechanics. Your arm slot, your footwork need to be the same, again and again. Sure, you need to adjust your delivery every once in a while to get the ball out in the face of a pass-rusher, but with a clean pocket you need to be mechanically sound. Right now, Stafford just isn't.

21. Sam Bradford

Previous: 21

I'd rate Bradford somewhere between OK and good this year. It started to look like he has regained his form from his first season. I think there's plenty of potential here still, and if the Rams can get him some more help in the draft, he clearly can move up these rankings.

22. Carson Palmer

Previous: 22

Despite what everyone says, I think Palmer was fine in Oakland. That offense around him was horrible, but he was solid. The question is, at this point in his career, and given the financial considerations of his contract, what will the Raiders do with him? I think Palmer has more to give, however, and still has three to four more years in him.

23. Christian Ponder

Previous: 25

I love what he has done the past few weeks, particularly with his improvement in the play-action pass game. That the uptick has come without Percy Harvin isn't insignificant, and it's also telling that Bill Musgrave has trusted Ponder more and more. His Week 17 play really bumped him up in my book. It was a must-win situation and he delivered. The Vikings don't need Ponder to be a Hall of Famer when they have Adrian Peterson. All you need is a couple hundred yards through the air, and let AP do the rest.

24. Ryan Tannehill

Previous: 26

Don't judge Tannehill's season in comparison to the three playoff-bound rookies. The needs are far greater on offense in Miami than they were in Indy, Washington and Seattle. I think the future is bright for Tannehill, the Dolphins just need to develop a more consistent run game and find some more receivers to target. I've been very impressed with his first season in the NFL.

25. Michael Vick

Previous: N/A

Vick started the last game for the Eagles, and I think too many people are discounting him going into next season. Let me spell it out: He can play. There is no doubt in my mind that in the right system, with the right staff and a good run game, Vick is a contributor. Everyone's talking about Chip Kelly. Well, if Kelly comes to Philadelphia, I see how he could use Vick. It all depends on the coach. The turnovers remain a bugaboo, but there's still plenty of skill left in Vick's game.

26. Chad Henne

Previous: 24

There were times when Henne made plays against Houston and New England that I thought were phenomenal. It will be interesting to see how things play out in Jacksonville with all of the Tim Tebow talk and Blaine Gabbert still in the picture. A lot of Henne's future will be decided in the offseason, but I think he has it in him to be a serviceable NFL QB.

27. Brandon Weeden

Previous: 30

After the Super Bowl, Weeden will likely be the first QB for whom I examine all of his throws in detail. I find him so interesting because his highs were quite good, but there were a lot of "very lows" as well. I like the way he throws, his power, but he needs to improve in the nuances of the game. The eye manipulation, the pocket movement, not staring down receivers -- if he can improve in those elements, there's a good shot at improvement. Is he the quarterback of the future in Cleveland? We'll see.

28. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Previous: 23

Like Stafford, Fitzpatrick is still lacking consistency in his mechanics and it's showing up in his game-to-game performances. C.J. Spiller and a solid run game should have helped him more, but he was much too erratic. He needs to make better throws and eliminate those turnovers at crucial times in the game.

29. Jake Locker

Previous: 28

I think Locker has shown good feel in the pocket, but I'd like to see improved foot movement. At times he looked a little slow-footed and I think he could benefit from a solid dose of agility drills in the offseason. That said, inaccuracy remains his biggest issue.

30. Brady Quinn

Previous: 29

There were times this season when Quinn showed NFL talent, but overall there were too many bad throws and bad decisions. The way things were in Kansas City this season makes it tough to get a true read on him, though. I think he could still be a starter somewhere, but he needs to go to a team that can provide him with some confidence.

31. Mark Sanchez

Previous: 27

I don't even know where to start … Sanchez regressed in every quarter of the 2012 season. Decision-making, inaccuracy, lack of confidence, it all plagued him. A lot happened to Sanchez since Week 1's high note against Buffalo and I know he has the tools to be an NFL quarterback, but he really needs to make some fixes to his game. And those fixes will need to be both physical and and mental at this point.

32. Brian Hoyer

Previous: N/A

Hoyer ended the season as the starter in Arizona, but will he start there in 2013? I liked him in New England and if he's not Arizona's starter, I think he has already shown that he's a capable backup with the Patriots. Hoyer is a team-oriented guy, throws well enough, and if you can be a gym rat on a football field, he is one. I think the Cardinals might have something.

HOnestly? I think it's a **** list. He has some bias against putting RG3 and Wilson up there and though he ranks RG3 10 (yay whoopie!) he then proceeds to rank the other rookies 11 and 12. Wilson I can see but Luck is still getting too much damn credit. How in the world is the 31st ranked QB 12? Here come the litany of excuses for him, why he has 12 reads on every play and they have threatened to kill his dog if he checks down. It's annoying that they keep hyping this dude. Then people totally overlook the Pagano angle, or the fact they have like 30+ new players and a new coaching staff and literally the weakest schedule in the league. Had we the same schedule, I have no doubt we'd go 12-4 and would never have needed a huge winning streak. Colts wouldn't have finished third in our division.

You know what's a bit crazy about that list? The near certainty that Peyton, Brady, Eli, Brees Rodgers and Ben are ALL HOF'ers by the time they're done. We really live in a great era for quality football right now and while I'd love to see RG3 higher up the list he IS a rook & well, that's some damn fine company.

i don't get it. are they ranked so low just because they are rookies? seems really dumb. all three are playing like top-ten QBs without a doubt. (well, maybe not luck)

Not Luck? are you kidding? Luck is the best rookie QB this year, in my eyes. He has been asked to do MUCH more than RG3 and Wilson who have been more game managers than anything. Luck is dropping back and slingin the rock 35-40 times a game down the field and carrying his team who is relying on his passing as their #1 offense I LOVE RG3 but I feel like 10 years from now Luck will have the stats of a HOF QB, not RG3

You know what's a bit crazy about that list? The near certainty that Peyton, Brady, Eli, Brees Rodgers and Ben are ALL HOF'ers by the time they're done. We really live in a great era for quality football right now and while I'd love to see RG3 higher up the list he IS a rook & well, that's some damn fine company.

My point is (well if that was kinda directed to me) was that Big Ben, in particular, had a **** year. I mean, yes, they relied on him to bail them out but they had a chance to MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and Ben blew TWO games with dumb picks. He was pretty good in some games, average in others and whatever in others. He's definitely still good but if you're going to rank performances, I think RG3 and RW were better this year, especially since they made the plays that mattered and avoided the mistakes that kill you.

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 09:10 PM ----------

Not Luck? are you kidding? Luck is the best rookie QB this year, in my eyes. He has been asked to do MUCH more than RG3 and Wilson who have been more game managers than anything. Luck is dropping back and slingin the rock 35-40 times a game down the field and carrying his team.

UGH. No he's not. "Being asked to do more" has nothing to do with actual performance when you evaluate. Especially when the result of "doing more" is throwing picks that you then get to play hero on later, including such notable performances as a 2 yard 'handoff' pass to win vs. Detroit after a long punt return put you down in goal to go. Or barely producing 13 points vs. KC, looking ATROCIOUS while doing it and basically relying on a pick six and KC imploding to win.

His passer rating, turnovers and completion pct are all in bottom quintile, damn near last in the league. He has 30+ new guys on his team, young playmakers, Reggie Wayne, and his coach got cancer and everyone got inspired by that.

More to the point, Dan Orlovsky, once he was inserted actually made the Colts look credible last year and that was with a "terrible" team. had he been in earlier, Luck would not have been "turning around" the Colts from 2 wins to 11 but more like from 5 or 6. And this team has a new coach and bunch of players and inspirational reason to play.

And Luck literally played the easiest schedule in the league. His only impressive statistic is yardage and that's after throwing 600 attempts!

Jaws is a contradicting hack. I swear I watched 3 ESPN shows in one day and he changed his mind on Offensive Rookie of the year on every show

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 10:18 PM ----------

I disagree. Luck literally passed his team to the playoffs (as a rookie) As a pocket passer Luck is the best without a doubt and the last I checked, pocket passers are who wins Super Bowls.

Cool Bro so Aaron Rodgers, John Elway and Steve Young, who can pass in the pocket but also scramble a lot, run, make throws off bootlegs didn't win Super Bowls?

Not Luck? are you kidding? Luck is the best rookie QB this year, in my eyes. He has been asked to do MUCH more than RG3 and Wilson who have been more game managers than anything. Luck is dropping back and slingin the rock 35-40 times a game down the field and carrying his team who is relying on his passing as their #1 offense I LOVE RG3 but I feel like 10 years from now Luck will have the stats of a HOF QB, not RG3

Cool your jets amigo. I never even mentioned Luck!

Jaws is a contradicting hack. I swear I watched 3 ESPN shows in one day and he changed his mind on Offensive Rookie of the year on every show

---------- Post added January-4th-2013 at 10:18 PM ----------

Cool Bro so Aaron Rodgers, John Elway and Steve Young, who can pass in the pocket but also scramble a lot, run, make throws off bootlegs didn't win Super Bowls?

You know exactly what Im talking about. I think it's possible RG will develop into that type of QB and I think he's did a great job this year but it really pisses me off when people diss Luck- he has been incredible this year.

I disagree. Luck literally passed his team to the playoffs (as a rookie) As a pocket passer Luck is the best without a doubt and the last I checked, pocket passers are who wins Super Bowls.

No, he didn't, and I'd argue the point about who is or is not a pocket passer. I'm starting to detect something unpleasant from you but I'm going to drop it.

The fact is, Luck's win vs. the HORRIBLE KC Chiefs was aided by the pick six his DEFENSE got, his "comeback" win vs. Detroit where he threw a few picks (though one may have been that Hail Mary at end of half) that put his team down points, T.Y. Hilton returned a kick and set them up. Towards the end of this season, he's been struggling to reach over 50 percent completion, that's awful dude in 2012 NFL. His turnovers more than erase his TD passes.

What exactly does not equate if I tell you he has too many turnovers and the reason Brady, Rodgers, etc are so great is that they throw a lot while still MINIMIZING turnovers?

You know exactly what Im talking about. I think it's possible RG will develop into that type of QB and I think he's did a great job this year but it really pisses me off when people diss Luck- he has been incredible this year.

I don't diss Luck. I think he's terrific. However, putting it all in a vacuum on who is offensive rookie of the year, it's like people want to discount RG III's 800 rushing yards. So because Luck moved chains by throwing more than RG III, his rushing yards that moved the chains are discounted? Last time I checked it wasn't called offensive passing yards of the year

His numbers are basically Rex Grossman-esque. I don't care how much he's "being asked to do", a 1 to 1 td to int ratio is MEDIOCRE no matter how you slice it. And that's WITH a future hall of fame WR in Reggie Wayne. Plus the dude is BARELY cracking 50% completion percentage, compared to Wilson and rg3 both being well over 60% (and no, that's not because rg3 is throwing shorter passes -- rg3 leads the league in yards per attempt, and completion percentage of passes over 25 yards).

Look at what luck has done by literally any metrics other than passing yards, and he is in the bottom half if not bottom 3 or 4.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Hey Jaws maybe stats lie?

As far as Andrew Luck is concerned.. well nevermind #26 of 32 in passer rating

Passer Rating Leaders - Qualified

RK PLAYER TEAM COM ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

1 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 371 552 67.2 4,295 7.78 73 39 8 51 108.0 268

2 Peyton Manning, QB DEN 400 583 68.6 4,659 7.99 71 37 11 21 105.8 291

3 Robert Griffin III, QB WSH 258 393 65.6 3,200 8.14 88 20 5 30 102.4 213

4 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 252 393 64.1 3,118 7.93 67 26 10 33 100.0 195

5 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 422 615 68.6 4,719 7.67 80 32 14 28 99.1 295

6 Tom Brady, QB NE 401 637 63.0 4,827 7.58 83 34 8 27 98.7 302

7 Ben Roethlisber PIT 284 449 63.3 3,265 7.27 82 26 8 30 97.0 251

8 Drew Brees, QB NO 422 670 63.0 5,177 7.73 80 43 19 26 96.3 324

9 Matt Schaub QBHOU 350 544 64.3 4,008 7.37 60 22 12 27 90.7 251

10 Tony Romo sits to pee, QB DAL 425 648 65.6 4,903 7.57 85 28 19 36 90.5 306

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

11 Philip Rivers, QB SD 338 527 64.1 3,606 6.84 80 26 15 49 88.6 225

12 Joe Flacco, QB BAL 317 531 59.7 3,817 7.19 61 22 10 35 87.7 239

13 Andy Dalton, QBCIN 329 528 62.3 3,669 6.95 59 27 16 46 87.4 229

14 Eli Manning, QB NYG 321 536 59.9 3,948 7.37 80 26 15 19 87.2 247

15 Cam Newton CAR 280 485 57.7 3,869 7.98 82 19 12 36 86.2 242

16 Carson Palmer OAK 345 565 61.1 4,018 7.11 64 22 14 26 85.3 268

17 Ryan Fitzpat BUF 306 505 60.6 3,400 6.73 68 24 16 30 83.3 213

18 Sam Bradfo, STL 328 551 59.5 3,702 6.72 80 21 13 35 82.6 231

19 Josh Freeman TB 306 558 54.8 4,065 7.29 95 27 17 26 81.6 254

20 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 255 434 58.8 3,033 6.99 60 19 14 38 81.3 202

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INTSACK RATE YDS/G

21 Christian Ponder,MIN 300 483 62.1 2,935 6.08 65 18 12 32 81.2 183

22 Matthew Staffo ,DET 435 727 59.8 4,967 6.83 57 20 17 29 79.8 310

23 Nick Foles, QB PHI 161 265 60.8 1,699 6.41 46 6 5 20 79.1 243

24 Michael Vick, PHI 204 351 58.1 2,362 6.73 77 12 10 28 78.1 236

25 Blaine Gabbert, JAC 162 278 58.3 1,662 5.98 80 9 6 22 77.4 166

26 Andrew Luck, IND 339 627 54.1 4,374 6.98 70 23 18 41 76.5 273

27 Ryan Tannehill, MIA 282 484 58.3 3,294 6.81 80 12 13 35 76.1 206

28 Jake Locker, TEN 177 314 56.4 2,176 6.93 71 10 11 25 74.0 198

29 Brandon Weede CLE 297 517 57.4 3,385 6.55 71 14 17 28 72.6 226

30 Chad Henne, JAC 166 308 53.9 2,084 6.77 81 11 11 28 72.2 208

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

31 Mark Sanchez, NYJ 246 453 54.3 2,883 6.36 66 13 18 34 66.9 192

32 Matt Cassel, KC 161 277 58.1 1,796 6.48 46 6 12 19 66.7 200

I've pretty well exhausted just about every reason why Andrew Luck hasn't actually played that well,

I mean...people say his defense sucks, and statistically it's bottom of the league, but they only give up 24.6 points a game, and that number is skewed somewhat by a small number of games. People say that Luck didn't have a running back, but it's kind of hard to fault RG3 and even Russell Wilson for having good running backs, particularly with an offensive coordinator who doesn't like running the ball to begin with, and a head coach and front office that were perfectly fine with opening the season with Donald Brown as their starter.

At this point, the people who are going to ignore all the various factors of why Luck hasn't played well last year are going to bury their heads in the sand and ignore whatever is said anyway.

Archived