Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jaws Final 2012 QB Rankings (RG3 Related)

Farbod21

I've pretty well exhausted just about every reason why Andrew Luck hasn't actually played that well,

I mean...people say his defense sucks, and statistically it's bottom of the league, but they only give up 24.6 points a game, and that number is skewed somewhat by a small number of games. People say that Luck didn't have a running back, but it's kind of hard to fault RG3 and even Russell Wilson for having good running backs, particularly with an offensive coordinator who doesn't like running the ball to begin with, and a head coach and front office that were perfectly fine with opening the season with Donald Brown as their starter.

At this point, the people who are going to ignore all the various factors of why Luck hasn't played well last year are going to bury their heads in the sand and ignore whatever is said anyway.

I hate to say this and truly pray that some people are not basing this on race. If that is the case there will be no reaching them, because hate has blinded them.

HTTR

You know exactly what Im talking about. I think it's possible RG will develop into that type of QB and I think he's did a great job this year but it really pisses me off when people diss Luck- he has been incredible this year.

Yeah, all I had to do was take a stroll down your post history to see what your MO is. My guess is your post rate is going to go down a lot, if you catch my drift.

I hate to say this and truly pray that some people are not basing this on race. If that is the case there will be no reaching them, because hate has blinded them.

I have said repeatedly it's at least partly based on that. I think another factor is how bad the Colts were last year, though how Luck gets credit when 30 players and coaches change, whereas RG3 and Wilson (and Morris) are basically the only different significant pieces and...wow, color me stunned, the teams had good season and got to the playoffs. Luck gets all the credit when a ton of components are different (including ChuckStrong story) and RG3 and RW have the credit spread around (though I've noticed that Wilson has been more dependent on the rest of his team but now the media has tired of RG3 a bit and wants to build up Wilson "carrying" the Hawks.)

But I will say this, if Luck and Griffin changed stats, we wouldn't be hearing about how the guy with terrible (mostly) stats was OROY or even close to it. A good player still? maybe. But I wonder.

I have said repeatedly it's at least partly based on that. I think another factor is how bad the Colts were last year, though how Luck gets credit when 30 players and coaches change, whereas RG3 and Wilson (and Morris) are basically the only different significant pieces and...wow, color me stunned, the teams had good season and got to the playoffs. Luck gets all the credit when a ton of components are different (including ChuckStrong story) and RG3 and RW have the credit spread around (though I've noticed that Wilson has been more dependent on the rest of his team but now the media has tired of RG3 a bit and wants to build up Wilson "carrying" the Hawks.)

But I will say this, if Luck and Griffin changed stats, we wouldn't be hearing about how the guy with terrible (mostly) stats was OROY or even close to it. A good player still? maybe. But I wonder.

This is the truth. I roll my eyes whenever I hear about the great Andrew Luck now. All people say is "he's asked to do a lot more", but they turn a blind eye to his 50 turnovers and it irritates the hell out of me.

I do feel like Andrew Luck is a good player no doubt in my mind, but he is definitly not OROY. If the award is based on commiting the most turn overs then yeah Luck is OROY. And the 2nd or 3rd lowest completion percentage in the league cant be swept under the rug. After this weekend Luck will be done for the year. RG3 will be the only rookie QB winning a playoff this season as well. So Monday I can watch the media pundits put that in their pipes and smoke it.

HTTR

Baffles me how he continues to get great praise because of his playoff record. If he had played on a team with a mediocre defense these years he would be Matt Cassel.

I couple of years back I was mortified as to why Vince Young (outside of his emotional issues) was so criticized despite having a winning record, at the the time he was like 31-15. During this time, I also noticed the growing media fascination with Joe Flacco. The one stat they used to debase VY's record was the fact that he had a losing record against +500 teams. So I analyzed Flacco's games against opponents with a +500 record and was shocked to learn that he too had a losing record, however NOT ONCE have I ever heard anyone in the sports media bring that up like they did so many times with Vince Young. Flacco is an average QB, who had 4 perennial probowlers on defense. That aided his winning percentage a lot IMO.

Baffles me how he continues to get great praise because of his playoff record. If he had played on a team with a mediocre defense these years he would be Matt Cassel.
I dunno man, it says something when you've been in the league as long as he has and has never missed the playoffs. Good defense or not, that's pretty damn good.

By the way, I expect him to have a career day vs the Colts on Sunday.

Luck slings the rock soo much because that's what the OC likes to do. Not because he had to or didn't have any talent around him. I mean our #1 was their #2 last year. Their running back Ballard has shown himself more than capable. I can't credit Luck for playing in the team's offensive scheme. Arians is pass happy. That's why he's no longer in Pittsburgh.

Not Luck? are you kidding? Luck is the best rookie QB this year, in my eyes. He has been asked to do MUCH more than RG3 and Wilson who have been more game managers than anything. Luck is dropping back and slingin the rock 35-40 times a game down the field and carrying his team who is relying on his passing as their #1 offense I LOVE RG3 but I feel like 10 years from now Luck will have the stats of a HOF QB, not RG3

Sorry I feel those differences are irrelevent. If you look at individual QB performance and stats, you can't put Luck in the same league as Wilson and RG3. All the mistakes, and turn overs. Everyone says it's because he throws more that the others. He has more yards. People don't seem to realize, that the reason he's had to throw the ball so much is because of himself!. You can't start up your running game when your rookie throws 2 or 3 first half picks. To his credit HIS individual effort is what got Indy into the play offs, but just because the kid cleans up his own mess doesn't mean you can ignore the mess. Don't get me wrong, I definitely see Luck having a HOF career.. But this year, right now, he's not top 15 imo.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 11:09 AM ----------

I know it was a small sample size, but I think Cousins could be ranked at least 25 on this list ahead of; Vick, Henne, Weeden, Fiztpatrick, Locker, Quinn, Sanchez and Hoyer.

Can't put a guy with 1 start on any list. Homeritus gotchoo man =)

Colt fans have seen Luck throw game changing picks and touchdowns this season. If I'm a Colts fan I would be thrilled with his first season, because he has experienced great disappointment (INT's) and great highs (game TD drives/throws). This all has transpired in his first season with the Colts. If you look at his season in a vacuum he's experienced in 1 year what it takes some guys 3 or 4 years to endure. Not a bad first season for the now and heading into the future, if you ask me.

It's not as fun to not compare and belittle the "other" rookie QB's but really there's no reason to care as a Redskins fan. No longer do we have to wish or hope for a great QB and that's the greatest feeling of all. This season has led me to the point where I no longer care what others are doing, because of the full confidence I have in our team and QB. Let others "wish and hope" like we have for so many years.

I dunno man, it says something when you've been in the league as long as he has and has never missed the playoffs. Good defense or not, that's pretty damn good.

By the way, I expect him to have a career day vs the Colts on Sunday.

Flacco's inability to carry his offense when they go away from Ray Rice is the reason Cam Cameron was fired. You can't say that about any other QB who is even remotely close to the top ten of Jaws' ranking.

I am not saying Flacco is garbage, in fact I think he flashes some great ability, my contention is he is mediocre because he can't carry the Ravens like all the other QB's in this discussion can carry their respective teams. It's difficult to pinpoint, he just lacks that dominating gene that great QB's have.

Archived