Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson is a friend to our playoff hopes.

rumplestilskin

Lets get something straight. As a fan I think we have every right to look into the future and I dont believe in karma soooo.... Assuming we win what is the path through the playoffs you would like to play out?

Many might say that they would prefer to play in Atlanta as opposed to Sanfran but I see it differently and heres why. If the Vikings can grind out a win in fridged Greenbay it is most likely going to be using the battling ram of Adrian Peterson. That would help us tremendously as Greenbay in all honesty is the one team we match up with the least. Then if they could go to Atlanta and polish them off we would have to beat Sanfran on a Saturday night to host the NFC championship. Would that not be a sweet lineup or what? Also I would rather us play Kaepernik than any of the other QB's. What do you think the best scenario to the holy grail will be?

I see your point and like the angle of hosting another playoff game if we keep winning. But this year's NFC feels like a 6-team crap shoot. I think any possible match up could go either way. Certainly a team like Atlanta would be expected to beat a team like Minnesota, but the 2 higher seeds are not nearly as hot as the 4 lower seeds. I honestly can't see a potential match up of the 6 teams that should be a blow out. A blow out can always happen, but it wouldn't be expected.

Typical response I was expecting. Dare to dream. You are not on the team, its OK to talk.

You stole my reply. I think it is okay to be a fan of this team again... we have been conditioned to worry about how to sneak a win out week-to-week. After this season it is okay to raise expectations.

I'm more worried about traveling across country than anything. I would rather play ATL and then Green Bay. We could win on the frozen tundra with Morris revved up.

I see your point but the travel to our own stadium for the championship would be minimal. Also Rodgers scares me a little.

I've been thinking about the Vikings as well. I do think we're capable of beating anybody, but anyone in the playoffs from the NFC can beat us as well. I have confidence and faith, but that in no way should get in the way of realism. We have to get by Seattle. I can see us beating SF, Atlanta, Minn. GB after that. I think SF and Atlanta are both on a bit of a down trend, so I don't mind playing them. I don't think GB or Minn are any hotter or cooler at this point than earlier in the season. Seattle is the only team that really worries me. After that, it's cherry-picking the best matchups. Just gotta get by this week.

Regardless, I'm stoked for the NFC side of the playoffs this year. Individually, the teams are fun, but the potential matchups are a lot of fun to think about, and I hope they live up to it. I just want to see some good football.

Please don't typecast me. This is the same mindset the team has. While I am not saying I wouldn't love to add a 4th Lombardi to our collection (who wouldn't?), I also want to focus on the game to win Sunday before I look at the following weekend.

Like most of you, I remember all 3 Superbowls and have been right there with you enduring the last 20 yrs keeping my head held high while my team was the butt of every nfl joke while still representing my team and not jumping ship...so yes, I AM excited for what we have accomplished and SUPER excited to see where we are going into the future...

but what people need to also realize is that while YES we are good and we DESERVED and EARNED the NFC East

....I think with the pieces Mike has put together so far, we have many more EVEN BETTER years ahead of us ! (Even if we do grab a Lombardi this yr!)

So again, please don't typecast me as the typically pessimistic fan... I am a loyal fan who supports and cheers for my team every week... and am proud to show it (hell, my license plate is a shortened version of "Hail To The Redskins"....so no I wasn't hiding when times were tough...

Thank you.

Please don't typecast me. This is the same mindset the team has. While I am not saying I wouldn't love to add a 4th Lombardi to our collection (who wouldn't?), I also want to focus on the game to win Sunday before I look at the following weekend.

Like most of you, I remember all 3 Superbowls and have been right there with you enduring the last 20 yrs keeping my head held high while my team was the butt of every nfl joke while still representing my team and not jumping ship...so yes, I AM excited for what we have accomplished and SUPER excited to see where we are going into the future...

but what people need to also realize is that while YES we are good and we DESERVED and EARNED the NFC East

....I think with the pieces Mike has put together so far, we have many more EVEN BETTER years ahead of us ! (Even if we do grab a Lombardi this yr!)

So again, please don't typecast me as the typically pessimistic fan... I am a loyal fan who supports and cheers for my team every week... and am proud to show it (hell, my license plate is a shortened version of "Hail To The Redskins"....so no I wasn't hiding when times were tough...

Thank you.

Definitely won't typecast you... just let people dream about possibilities!

I am sorry, but I do not care who we play. We have a team that has the potential to beat anybody. You know out of our six losses the biggest deficet? 15 points to Steelers. The rest were one possession game (and one being 8 points so needed a touchdown plus the two point conversion) the rest were a touchdown to win/tie it scenarios. We can beat Atlanta because our defense is not as terrible as it was early in the season. I want to beat Seattle and am not worried about where we have to travel to and will be glad we are advancing. Bring on any of those teams, even Green Bay!

I do think it's funny when people say not to look ahead or overlook this team. :ols: We're ****ing fans! Who gives a **** if we look ahead. Am I not going to be able to cheer hard enough this week, because I thought about next week?

It's funny because it's true. Never looked at it that way before.

This isnt realistic. Hoping for Minnesota to win 2 away games without a QB is basically impossible. Id rather GB win because I think we match up against ATL much better than SF. We dont have to travel as far and we already played them, and should have beat them, this year.

I am sorry, but I do not care who we play. We have a team that has the potential to beat anybody. You know out of our six losses the biggest deficet? 15 points to Steelers. The rest were one possession game (and one being 8 points so needed a touchdown plus the two point conversion) the rest were a touchdown to win/tie it scenarios. We can beat Atlanta because our defense is not as terrible as it was early in the season. I want to beat Seattle and am not worried about where we have to travel to and will be glad we are advancing. Bring on any of those teams, even Green Bay!

it's mostly where we play, not who

Archived