Extremeskins

Who Went To The Ravens Game?

theRivers

Just curious:

1) What was the split/% of Ravens fans?

2) How did it compare to when Baltimore visited in:

A. 2004

B. 2000

3) How did it compare to Washington played in Baltimore in 2008?

4) How did it compare to:

-Steelers 2008

-Giants

-Eagles

-Cowboys

If you could order it, what would the order be?

5) On TV, it seemed very low.

-In 2004 it seemed to be 65/35 Skin to Ravens

This seemed 85/15...lower than what the Steelers had and even lower than what the Skins had in Baltimore in 2008.

-Was this the case?

I'd think even with the Skins improving, the 3-6 and Baltimore being basically Angels-Dodgers proximity it would be at least 1/3. Maybe the TV was wrong.

1) I would say a high number...maybe 30-35% were Ravens fans

2) Didn't go to the 2000 game but the 2004 game was filled with a bunch of Ravens fans as well.

3) Didn't go

4) Steelers 08 was the worst I've ever seen. The division foes can get upwards of 15-20% in recent past years, maybe a little more for Giants games

5) Main thing I noticed about Ravens game is that most of them were in groups with Skins fans as well that they were friends with while most other games are packs of opposing fans who come together.

When you watch on TV, and the sideline cameras point towards the visiting teams field, you see more opposing teams fans because that sideline is where the visiting teams tickets are, the home side of the field hardly ever has as many opposing teams fans as the visitors, not even close, I do sit on the Skins sideline lol

No one knows for sure, but its always too many IMHO!!

I think one's perception is always affected by the type of game it is and also as the years pass, memories fade. In 2000 I was sitting high in the club level and was mainly focused on some Ravens fan in the suite above who we engaged in good-natured banter throughout, and by the end of the game he was making drinks in the suite for my buddy and I. 2004's game was such a train wreck that I can't remember.

What I do remember about last week was that when Ray Rice scored the TD that put the Ravens ahead by 8, FedEx absolutely exploded in a way I've never seen for an opposing team......and yes, that includes the Steelers game of 2008 or any divisional game I've been to.

I'd also be curious to hear about how many Skins fans made the trek up to M&T in '08, and whether we were as much in force as the Ravens fans were last Sunday.

Just curious:

1) What was the split/% of Ravens fans?

2) How did it compare to when Baltimore visited in:

A. 2004

B. 2000

3) How did it compare to Washington played in Baltimore in 2008?

4) How did it compare to:

-Steelers 2008

-Giants

-Eagles

-Cowboys

If you could order it, what would the order be?

5) On TV, it seemed very low.

-In 2004 it seemed to be 65/35 Skin to Ravens

This seemed 85/15...lower than what the Steelers had and even lower than what the Skins had in Baltimore in 2008.

-Was this the case?

I'd think even with the Skins improving, the 3-6 and Baltimore being basically Angels-Dodgers proximity it would be at least 1/3. Maybe the TV was wrong.

1. I'd say 25% Ravens fans.

2. I'd say more Ravens fans were in the building back in 2004, I didnt attend 2000 game though

3. I made the trip to Bmore in 2008 when the Skins played in Bmore....I'd say we probably made up 25% - 33% of the crowd that night.

4. Steelers '08 was more than Bmore this year, Giants rep better than Philly & Cowboys do when they come to town IMHO.

5. People will belly ache about opposing fans in our stadium...ive been to 11 road games and philly next week will be my 12th and there are Skins fans on the road in EVERY stadium ive been to. If it werent for other teams fans "selling out" then I would not be able to obtain tickets to see the skins play on the road. That being said......opposing teams fan invasions occur everywhere. Did anyone see the Steelers turn out in Dallas yesterday? ABSURD.

The Giants jerseys were glaring on TV a few weeks back. That said, I think the fact that a) the giants fans came together; and B) the Giants' colors probably pop a little bit more against our fans' burgundy apparel, probably played a factor in that.

With the Ravens, you saw a lot of Ravens jerseys in the dream seats but not so much in cutaways of the entire stadium. I'm not saying they weren't there, but they were probably more interspersed with Redskins fans (as someone pointed out) and I think the purple probably stands out a little less against Burgundy.

Archived