Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: Rob Parker Questions RGIII "Is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?"

AVTizzle

and again, firing Rob Parker will not solve the problem of ESPN First Take. That show does nothing but race bait. Stephen A Smith has said "n**gga" at least twice since he has been on the show the last year. Skip always asks racially charged questions too.

Rob Parker is a problem, but there is a bigger problem with that show than him.

Then you have Colin Cowherd, who actually does say racist things and yet he is one of ESPN's big figures.

I liked how Arian Foster responded to it:

"Im going to work on my blackness today"

"My mom is mexican so I can only optimize 50% of my blackness today"

:ols:

This rob parker guy is a tool, and RG3 is such a good person compared to him. RG3 knows that the measure of a man has little to do with his skin color, and his comments have echoed that since I've heard the kid talk. At the end of the day it's sad that people have to categorize others simply because of the color of their skin.

I'd never heard "cornball" before, is that like "uncle tom" type comment?

Didn't Jalen Rose talk about his Grant Hill Uncle Tom comments on First Take?

that whole story was sad and pathetic by Grant Hill.

Jalen Rose said thats how he thought as an 18 year old coming out of HS in Detroit. That was on the Fab 5 documentary.

Grant Hill got pissy and decided to write an op-ed aimed at Jalen Rose, the 18 year old.

Jalen Rose said thats how he thought as an 18 year old coming out of HS in Detroit. That was on the Fab 5 documentary.

Grant Hill got pissy and decided to write an op-ed aimed at Jalen Rose, the 18 year old.

You're mad at Grant Hill for taking offense to being called an uncle tom?

Thanks. That's what I thought, that he felt that was as a college student and not currently. My friend and I had an argument about this today.

Guess ESPN put the kibosh on their talk shows discussing the subject. Around the Horn and PTI made no mention of Parker's incendiary comments.

IF those comments were made in a news article or on an opposing network's shows they would have been all over it.

How pathetic that ESPN chose to try and sweep everything under the rug...

Parker allegedly is an educated adult, so he's responsible for controlling himself. But it's no surprise that this happened on First Take -- remember Stephen A.'s on-air use of the n-word not long ago? The show is an octagon where second-rate writers yell idiocies at each other, hoping that "controversy" will make people forget that they've been exiled to ESPN's graveyard programming for a reason. It's the Morton Downey Jr./Jerry Springer idea, but with jockstraps.

How was Grant Hill's reaction sad and pathetic? You think Grant Hill was wrong to react to what Jalen Rose said? I think there's a parallel between the Jalen Rose comments and the Rob Parker ones.

Loved the Grant Hill editorial, especially the ending: "I am proud of my family. I am proud of my Duke championships and all my Duke teammates. And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five."

Wonder if Kornheiser mentioned anything about the Parker comments on his radio show today? I know BMitch and Doc talked about it again today and especially BMitch really went off on Parker.

Surprised that Kornheiser wouldn't say something about it on the radio unless him and Wilbon were told not to discuss it.

As a black kid who has had his "blackness" many times, stuff like this annoys the **** outta me

Also, why does everyone hate Stephen A so much? He did nothing but everyone keeps coming for his neck

Idk if many people, "hate," him but a lot of people, including myself, find him incredibly annoying.

I have no clue as to how first take is still on. I do not watch it, but am no fan of Steven A, Skip Clueless, certainly not Rob Parker. Fortunately enough, I don't see RGIII calling Parker and trying to mold himself to fit Parker's view of what it takes to be "black". Mediots should be praising young athletes like RGIII and Wilson who seem to have their head screwed on straight, and are successful. And while I certainly do not know RGIII except for what I see and read in the media.....we do know that he has not been spotted "making it rain" at any clubs around DC, we do know about his work ethic, we do know that he has not gotten into any accidents and tried to beat up/threaten the other driver, we have not seen him throw his shoulder pads on the sideline, rant like some prima dona about how his Oline needs to pass protect better, hang his head after a defeat and offer no suggestions as to a path ahead.......while I do not know him personally, you can certainly start to paint the picture of how the man conducts himself based on what we (the fan) have seen thus far.

As a black kid who has had his "blackness" many times, stuff like this annoys the **** outta me

Also, why does everyone hate Stephen A so much? He did nothing but everyone keeps coming for his neck

One of the problems I have with Stephen A is he speak with a fork tongue. He tries too often to play both sides of the fence.

You're mad at Grant Hill for taking offense to being called an uncle tom?

no, I took offense at Grant Hill for attacking an 18 year old

How was Grant Hill's reaction sad and pathetic? You think Grant Hill was wrong to react to what Jalen Rose said? I think there's a parallel between the Jalen Rose comments and the Rob Parker ones.

Loved the Grant Hill editorial, especially the ending: "I am proud of my family. I am proud of my Duke championships and all my Duke teammates. And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five."

yes I think Grant Hill was wrong to react to what Jalen Rose said. There is literally no parallel between Parker's comments and the mindset of an 18 year old Jalen Rose.

Jalen Rose mentioned in the doc, and an interview on the BS Report show before the doc was aired that he didnt like Grant Hill as a kid. He mentioned that he was ignorant as a kid, but thats how he felt. Rose didnt say he felt Grant Hill was an Uncle Tom today.

Grant Hill wrote an Op-Ed bashing an 18 year old's mindset. It was stupid and done just so people in the media can pat him on the back. I lost a lot of respect for Grant Hill for that piece. It wasnt needed.

Again, Im not defending Rob Parker, but dude is just a symptom to the sickness that has engulfed ESPN.

Colin Cowherd goes on his show each day and talks about how 2 parent homes make good QBs and how John Wall wont be great because of his father being dead.

Or the First Take show can have a topic about whether Blake Griffin is black or white. Or Stephen A Smith saying "n***ga" on that show at least twice.

There is a bigger problem at ESPN than just throwing Rob Parker in the bushes.

The problem is not RG3's apparent "cornball Blackness." The problem is a society with such a narrow definition of what a Black man is.

I think it's a disgrace that when a Black man votes conservative Republican, dates or marries non-Black females, doesn't "talk or act Black," too many people are ready to believe he's some kind of an Uncle Tom who hates himself for being Black. And I can say firsthand that I've seen all kinds of people, Black, White and whatever, express disappointment when you're Black and don't live up to the stereotype.

Archived