Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson's crazy comeback season

SteveFromYellowstone

I cant say AP is the best ever. I only start thinking about that when a back gets 10,000 yards. Peterson is a very special talent tho

Well he's not very far off.

ATT YDS TD

Regular Season 265 1600 10

Career 1671 8352 74

If there's one thing they did right in the Brad Childress era, it was getting guys like Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway and Percy Harvin.

I'm just wondering how this is physically possible. He comes back quicker than normal (from an injury usually devastating to RBs), and then DOMINATES and is having arguably the best season of his career. Add in the fact that Ponder has been playing horribly, throwing for less than 100 yards in a few games. They KNOW he is going to run but they can't stop it. Peyton is having a good year, but Peyton didn't come back from a devastating injury and put up better numbers than he ever has before. I have a feeling that Peyton will win comeback player of the year just because he is Peyton, but what AP is doing is simply unprecedented.

I'm just wondering how this is physically possible. He comes back quicker than normal (from an injury usually devastating to RBs), and then DOMINATES and is having arguably the best season of his career. Add in the fact that Ponder has been playing horribly, throwing for less than 100 yards in a few games. They KNOW he is going to run but they can't stop it. Peyton is having a good year, but Peyton didn't come back from a devastating injury and put up better numbers than he ever has before. I have a feeling that Peyton will win comeback player of the year just because he is Peyton, but what AP is doing is simply unprecedented.

That's a good point. The fact is that Peterson isn't just returning to form, he's SURPASSED his pre-injury form and is playing like a man possessed.

While I think part of it has to do with a revamped offensive line (two new guards and Matt Kalil), how he's playing before and after the line of scrimmage cannot be understated.

AMAZING statistic regarding Adrian Peterson:

He has many 15 yards runs. Each of those 15 yard runs have accumulated to 858 yards.

Why's it amazing?

The second player, Jamaal Charles, has 25 less carries on the season than Peterson (kind of a surprise to me)... His 15+ yard runs? 469 yards!

That's unprecedented.

Adrian Peterson is, without question, the best running back of this generation.

AMAZING statistic regarding Adrian Peterson:

He has many 15 yards runs. Each of those 15 yard runs have accumulated to 858 yards.

Why's it amazing?

The second player, Jamaal Charles, has 25 less carries on the season than Peterson (kind of a surprise to me)... His 15+ yard runs? 469 yards!

That's unprecedented.

Adrian Peterson is, without question, the best running back of this generation.

This raises a good point too. Jamaal Charles' season has been pretty outstanding too, and will have the highest ypc in NFL history with 11 more carries.

Charles also tore his ACL last year.

Can you imagine Peterson's production in our offense?

Yes.

Those 18 wheeler holes that would open up for Morris (where he'd gain like 25-30 yds) would be touchdowns for Peterson. It would be mind boggling. He's run up against 8 in the box for the majority of his career (and he's had an amazing career). If he played in our offense imo he'd shatter Dickerson's record.

Yes.

Those 18 wheeler holes that would open up for Morris (where he'd gain like 25-30 yds) would be touchdowns for Peterson. It would be mind boggling. He's run up against 8 in the box for the majority of his career (and he's had an amazing career). If he played in our offense imo he'd shatter Dickerson's record.

Which is why we shouldn't "settle" for AlMo (and I love the guy). You think passing is easy for rg3 now? Imagine with a RB in the backfield that combines Morris's vision with some home run ability.

Which is why we shouldn't "settle" for AlMo (and I love the guy). You think passing is easy for rg3 now? Imagine with a RB in the backfield that combines Morris's vision with some home run ability.

I definitely think we can settle with him, but we need a faster back that can take it to the house to compliment jim, and probably another back that can combine blocking adequate runnintg, receiving, etc. Not sure what happened with Royster this year, but RB needs to be addressed in the offseason. We also need Helu to be healthy, as he (right now) is the best home run threat that we have, though his vision/patience isn't where it needs to be.

I could easily see us going for a speedy mid round guy in the draft, and maybe finding a 3rd down back in free agency.

Adrian Peterson is this generations Bo Jackson... Except he seems to be in a place where we can see what his career will blossom into at its fullest. That said, I think Bo was more athletic. And that's certainly saying something seeing how ridiculously athletic AP is.

Archived