Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson's crazy comeback season

SteveFromYellowstone

Adrian Peterson is this generations Bo Jackson... Except he seems to be in a place where we can see what his career will blossom into at its fullest. That said, I think Bo was more athletic. And that's certainly saying something seeing how ridiculously athletic AP is.

Bo Jackson was physically bigger and stronger than AD. I cant compute how a 6'1" and 230 lbs man can move as fast as Bo Jackson did.

For comparison sake, AD is 6'3" and 226.

AD is such a powerful runner too.

Bo Jackson was physically bigger and stronger than AD. I cant compute how a 6'1" and 230 lbs man can move as fast as Bo Jackson did.

For comparison sake, AD is 6'3" and 226.

AD is such a powerful runner too.

Jackson was 6-1 227. Peterson is 6-1 217. For all intents and purposes, they're really similar in size.

Adrian Peterson is this generations Bo Jackson... Except he seems to be in a place where we can see what his career will blossom into at its fullest. That said, I think Bo was more athletic. And that's certainly saying something seeing how ridiculously athletic AP is.

Bo was. Second best athlete in Auburn history.

My comparison was Eric Dickerson. I think it's a pretty good one myself.

Jackson was 6-1 227. Peterson is 6-3 217. For all intents and purposes, they're really similar in size.

AD lost weight? I could have sworn he was 225?

Bo was a lot more stockier than AD.

That sows you just how scary Bo Jackson was. Running a 4.1 at 230 lbs... it just shouldnt happen :ols:

The one concern I had about AD in college was his upright running style, but he is really good at getting small when going through the line.

Also FWIW Peterson measured a 6013 at the combine. He's actually just under 6'1 and a half.

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

AD lost weight? I could have sworn he was 225?

Bo was a lot more stockier than AD.

That sows you just how scary Bo Jackson was. Running a 4.1 at 230 lbs... it just shouldnt happen :ols:

The one concern I had about AD in college was his upright running style, but he is really good at getting small when going through the line.

There is no way Bo ran a 4.1 40 yard dash. Nobody could do that even with the wind blowing at their back.

Bo was. Second best athlete in Auburn history.

My comparison was Eric Dickerson. I think it's a pretty good one myself.

you think Charles Barkley was a better athlete than Bo? Nah, I cant agree with that.

And AD has that upright running style, but AD was a more powerful running back. AD's running style is not as smooth as Dickerson's was either. RG3 actually runs a lot like Eric Dickerson.

Also FWIW Peterson measured a 6013 at the combine. He's actually just under 6'1 and a half.

Yes. I kept trying to type 6-1 and kept typing 6-3 instead. I even had his profile up on my mini browser. :ols: Good catch.

There is no way Bo ran a 4.1 40 yard dash. Nobody could do that even with the wind blowing at their back.

4.12, but it was hand held.

you think Charles Barkley was a better athlete than Bo? Nah, I cant agree with that.

And AD has that upright running style, but AD was a more powerful running back. AD's running style is not as smooth as Dickerson's was either. RG3 actually runs a lot like Eric Dickerson.

Bo Jackson himself said Chuck was the best. NBA athletes are on a different level, I don't have an issue with it.

Eric Dickerson was a pretty violent runner back in his day. He could do it all just like AP. Juke a guy out of his cleats, leap over him, or run him over.

4.12, but it was hand held.

Those things can be inaccurate and being .1 or .2 seconds off means a lot at this level. Hell, DeAngelo ran a 4.15 handheld time. Bo was good but I doubt he was even the fastest NFL player ever

---------- Post added December-12th-2012 at 09:49 PM ----------

Bo Jackson himself said Chuck was the best. NBA athletes are on a different level, I don't have an issue with it.

Eric Dickerson was a pretty violent runner back in his day. He could do it all just like AP. Juke a guy out of his cleats, leap over him, or run him over.

Was Charles a better ATHLETE than Bo? No way I agree with that. No way in hell he could have played professional baseball and basketball or football at the same time at a dominant level

he apparently did

If you told me a guy could run the 100 meters under 9.7, I would have called you crazy. Then Usain Bolt arrived.

Yeah but the 100 meter at the Olympics is a different animal. It's longer so greater variance in how people accelerate and run is built in plus they run on these high tech tracks and are laser timed and have these special shoes to give them extra traction.

The 40 the way the NFL does it is a more natural run. There is never going to be a significant variance in times between eras so long as they make runners use the same shoes and run on similar surfaces. It's too short and stripped down.

Bo's "4.12" 40 was an unofficial hand timed 40 back in the 80's. They've always been notoriously bad about fudging 40 times and were especially so back in the pre-electronic era. My buddy's dad once saw Rocket Ismail run a high 4.3 maybe low 4.4 40 and said it was about as fast as a human could run. The NFL 40 at the combine is a different animal now. The ones they run now are electronically timed with lasers and the people run in doors on a somewhat slow surface at Lucas Oil without wearing spikes.

If Bo Jackson ran that time he was probably running outdoors on a fast surface in spikes with the wind at his back and got some generosity from the guy holding the stop watch. Remember, human reaction time is a minimum of 2 tenths of a second. He could have been hitting start after Jackson takes off (they don't start on a gun, they start when they want to) and then hitting stop when he crosses the line because he was anticipating it and that's .2 seconds of inaccuracy right there.

I think the NFL 40 times at the combine are pretty bunk though. I think if you got all these guys together and just had them run a 40 in natural conditions on grass like they would actually be running in a football game you wouldn't get anyone coming close to a 4.3. You might see one or two guys run high 4.4's, but that's about it.

Yeah but the 100 meter at the Olympics is a different animal. It's longer so greater variance in how people accelerate and run is built in plus they run on these high tech tracks and are laser timed and have these special shoes to give them extra traction.

The 40 the way the NFL does it is a more natural run. There is never going to be a significant variance in times between eras so long as they make runners use the same shoes and run on similar surfaces. It's too short and stripped down.

Bo's "4.12" 40 was an unofficial hand timed 40 back in the 80's. They've always been notoriously bad about fudging 40 times and were especially so back in the pre-electronic era. My buddy's dad once saw Rocket Ismail run a high 4.3 maybe low 4.4 40 and said it was about as fast as a human could run. The NFL 40 at the combine is a different animal now. The ones they run now are electronically timed with lasers and the people run in doors on a somewhat slow surface at Lucas Oil without wearing spikes.

If Bo Jackson ran that time he was probably running outdoors on a fast surface in spikes with the wind at his back and got some generosity from the guy holding the stop watch. Remember, human reaction time is a minimum of 2 tenths of a second. He could have been hitting start after Jackson takes off (they don't start on a gun, they start when they want to) and then hitting stop when he crosses the line because he was anticipating it and that's .2 seconds of inaccuracy right there.

I think the NFL 40 times at the combine are pretty bunk though. I think if you got all these guys together and just had them run a 40 in natural conditions on grass like they would actually be running in a football game you wouldn't get anyone coming close to a 4.3. You might see one or two guys run high 4.4's, but that's about it.

I would love to see some NFL players run the 40 with pads and full gear on. That would show who is really football fast. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 I think? Yet there were very few people who could catch him on the football field.

this is not the point I was making by mentioning Usain Bolt's time. Its far from it.

no disrespect to your buddy's dad, but I will accept what the NFL have clocked over what your buddy's dad said.

^^I think the most beautiful thing about the WR position is that there are some guys who aren't really speedsters, who can get themselves open considerably, again and again, due to sheer mastery of the art of route running. Then there are guys who can run a 4.2, but don't know how to get in and out of breaks properly, and using their speed/burst to get separation.

^^I think the most beautiful thing about the WR position is that there are some guys who aren't really speedsters, who can get themselves open considerably, again and again, due to sheer mastery of the art of route running. Then there are guys who can run a 4.2, but don't know how to get in and out of breaks properly, and using their speed/burst to get separation.

indeed.

I think Bo was just being kind to his friend Charles. Bo was a NFL/MLB All-pro.

I think AD has more cutting ability and change of direction and runs with more power then Bo. But Bo on the edge was a nightmare, there better be outisde contain or any edge run could get the defense rung up for 6.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 I think? Yet there were very few people who could catch him on the football field.
Bill Walsh has Jerry Rice at 4.59

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Back in the day with hand held times? I don't see why not. I'm sure Chris Johnson official 4.24 would have been 4.1 or maybe even faster back in the day. At the same time I'm sure Bo's, Deion and Green ~4.1 times would be modern day low 4.2Xs

[/color]Back in the day with hand held times? I don't see why not. I'm sure Chris Johnson official 4.24 would have been 4.1 or maybe even faster back in the day. At the same time I'm sure Bo's, Deion and Green ~4.1 times would be modern day low 4.2Xs

idk DGreen's time, but Deion was a 4.27

I could see Bo's time being a really low 4.2 under electric timing.

There is something beautiful about a big running back with scary fast speed.

He still has to average 168 a game over the next 3 including this one. I think he can do it but it will still be tough.

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 03:21 PM ----------

He should honestly be considered for MVP, IMO, if only his team was a little better.

I mean if we go by the true definition of 'most valuable player' he is obviously fits it, and I'd argue moreso than anyone else

I mean if we go by the true definition of 'most valuable player' he is obviously fits it, and I'd argue moreso than anyone else

It's not even that he's the most valuable player relative to other players and their teams, but he is playing the best football in the NFL right now, IMO. He should get it and I hope he does.

It's not even that he's the most valuable player relative to other players and their teams, but he is playing the best football in the NFL right now, IMO. He should get it and I hope he does.

Absolutely. He is playing better than anyone is the league arguably and he tore the ACL and MCL in the same knee.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it came out that he used HGH to heal faster? I don't believe it for a second, but that would be devastating for him. He's just a freak of nature.

Archived