Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson's crazy comeback season

SteveFromYellowstone

AP is playing out of this galaxy

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

Absolutely. He is playing better than anyone is the league arguably and he tore the ACL and MCL in the same knee.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it came out that he used HGH to heal faster? I don't believe it for a second, but that would be devastating for him. He's just a freak of nature.

I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. It is definitely unusual to come back, this early, with this level of production, and no lingering effects. It could either be a testament to his body and his commitment to rehab, or it could be a testament to something else to go along with the rehab.

He was going to need a 200 yard type game to have a real shot to break the record in my mind.

Today, 212

Going to be hard, but I don't doubt him. Kid is special

I feel bad for teams that passed on him...............

We did... though Portis was still in his prime at that point. Still, he was coming off of that dislocated shoulder IIRC, and we really needed to shore up a disastrous secondary. Even then, I knew he'd be great. I've been a big college football fan for a long time, and he is without a doubt one of the best college rb's I've ever seen. He is physically just on another level than everyone else o the same field with him.

Interestingly enough, the 'skins have had his number over the years. His best game against us was this year with under 80 yards, 30 of which came on 1 run early in the game which resulted in a FG. We shut in down in 2007 and KOed him in 2010 & 2011.

Funny. I remember the first game that we played against him his rookie year at the Metrodome (which was a must win game) and all of the talk leading up to the week was "How are you all going to stop Peterson?"

Then Gregg Williams rolled out the 46 defense and went Cover 0, forcing Tavaris Jackson to beat us, and we made his life a living hell. He probably would've gashed us this year, but we put the Vikings in passing situations for most of that game.

Funny. I remember the first game that we played against him his rookie year at the Metrodome (which was a must win game) and all of the talk leading up to the week was "How are you all going to stop Peterson?"

Then Gregg Williams rolled out the 46 defense and went Cover 0, forcing Tavaris Jackson to beat us, and we made his life a living hell. He probably would've gashed us this year, but we put the Vikings in passing situations for most of that game.

we could probably beat them like that again if we played them in the 'offs

I have no confidence that Ponder can beat us on his own.

Who would've gashed us? 'Cuz we did play Minny earlier this year and Peterson did not gash us. Or did you mean Jackson?

Unfortunately for AP, 2009 may have been his best shot at a SB with the Vikes. Prior to that, I had been saying for years that all they needed was competent QB play, and a little more help on the outside, and they woul dmake a run, and then the combination of Jared Allen, Favre, and Percy Harvin almost did it for them. Dude has had some awful awful QB play in his time there. I think he even had Gus Bus handing the ball off to him at one point.

I can't jog my memory to recall whether or not he's signed an extension in these last couple years, but if I were him, I'd try any and every way possible to get out of there. He is a Hall Of Fame talent.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Who would've gashed us? 'Cuz we did play Minny earlier this year and Peterson did not gash us. Or did you mean Jackson?

Nah I said he probably would've gashed us, but Ponder was forced to throw for the majority of that game.

He will break 2,105 I think. E.D. just will have to hate it. I thought I would never see anyone break the record. Here is something to look at, after the Redskins game, he's rushed for over 100+ yards every game. Also he's had 6 150+ yard games this season, and he's tied the record set by Earl Campbell. Dude is a straight beast.

He will break 2,105 I think. E.D. just will have to hate it. I thought I would never see anyone break the record. Here is something to look at, after the Redskins game, he's rushed for over 100+ yards every game. Also he's had 6 150+ yard games this season, and he's tied the record set by Earl Campbell. Dude is a straight beast.
I'm not so sure he's gonna get the record. Houston has one of (maybe the best) top run defenses in football. And Green Bay is a pretty good team, also. I think he'll probably get at least a 100 both games. But I think he has to average about 154 yards to get it.

He will get it. The only way he wont is if he gets injured. He's on a mission.

I don't really buy into the whole "he's on a mission" thing. I'm sure the Texans and Packers are on a mission to stop him, too.

Those are two really good teams he'll be facing, and remember, his QB is Christian Ponder. I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards him not getting the record.

He had something like 180 yards on 18 carries against the Packers less than a month ago

And St. Louis has a good run defense also, he just got 200 yards on them.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 08:38 AM ----------

And Christian Ponder has been his QB this entire season, unless you know something we don't

Archived