Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson's crazy comeback season

SteveFromYellowstone

Honestly, it's pretty refreshing that in an era where a premium is placed on the quarterback/wide receiver position, and running backs are sort of thrown on the scrap heap/devalued, that a running back has a shot (off of a torn ACL) to break a record that I thought would never even be approached, let alone broken.

And speaking of Dickerson, I've always thought that he was sort of unfairly glossed over when it came to the discussion of the best running backs to ever play the game. I mean you always hear the names Brown, Payton, Emmit, Barry (maybe even Tomlinson in the future) as the top tier cats, but when it came to Eric Dickerson, he was always like the last name they would get to. I'm sure the main reason why is because of the limited success that his teams had, where he didn't really have an opportunity to have a "Career defining postseason moment," along with the fact that he played on more than one team, but just watching the way he ran, he was an absolute monster.

I liked watching Eric Dickerson run. Very smooth, was a slashing type runner much like Marcus Allen. And all the gear he had on....goggles, big chin strap, mouthpiece, oversized hip pads, knee, thigh and shoulder pads, neck roll, elbow pads. He looked like a cyborg.

and that jherri curl

205539_f260.jpg

imo, he came up in the era of the rise of the larger than life QBs like Montana, Marino, Elway, and that was one of the first times the RB position started to lose some luster. He also played on some bad Colts teams during that period

Probably the best RB of the 1980s

• 2 weeks later...
If the Vikings win today, this guy has to get that MVP. And he is gonna break that record.

Absolutely...That team won 3 games last year. I love Peyton, but AP is having a special year. Peyton is having a typical season by his standards..I Think Rodgers is actually having a better year than Peyton to be honest

I hope AP gets the MVP, he deserves it. 2k and coming back VERY early from a ACL? As good as Manning's story is, AP's is better. And he put his team on his back as a RB in this day and age is amazing. However.... I'm glad he did not the get the record. I'm a huge ED fan and feel he has always been under appreciated and overlooked. Guy was a MONSTER running back and was the sole focus of the offence. And was unstopable.

Archived