Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chalk Talk: Five Rookies Made Tremendous Impact, One Proved his Worth without even Playing

KDawg

yeah, franchise QB's never get hurt.

see Manning, Peyton and Brady, Tom

EXACTLY!!!

You can add Brees, Rivers, Marino, Montana , and Young to that list too! Some people are just ignorant! If you play QB in this league your going to get hurt. Griffin is not superman.. so people need to stop acting like he's not supposed to get hurt.

Did Manning and Brady get hurt in their rookie year?

You're acting like he has missed a large chunk of time. Relax, he has missed 1 half of football all year. Do you think Griffin and the Shannahan's are incapable of adjusting to keep him better protected? Do you not think that we can build a better O line around him?

Again...Shanahan and Allen's draft classes are equal to that of legend with the Redskins. Keenan Robinson and Bernstine are on IR yet the Redskins still produced RG3, Cousins, Morris, Crawford, with Gettis, LeRibeus, and Compton still in that mix. Not to mention FA pickup Kai Forbath. WOW.

As much as I like RG3, the writing is on the wall, he's another Byron Leftwich, another Michael Vick:

RG3 is incapable of playing 16 games in one year, not a recipe for success. I hate to say it, but we need a franchise quarterback.

Ok be honest, are you a Cowboys fan posing as a Redskins fan just trying to rile us up???

I'm kidding, but that's kind of crazy to think we don't have our franchise QB just because he got hurt.....I'm not sure how you made that jump in logic.

Oh, come on. Exaggeration does not befit you. You act like we've got a bunch of over the hill free agent pick ups ruining everything. It's pretty much ONE, Madeiu Williams. Who else? Cedric Griffin I guess? You do realize those guys are on one year deals, right? Or does that matter? I guess you can add Jamal Brown to that list.

lol, you can't just put in young players everywhere for the sake of it. We signed those guys you're mentioning as "hurting us" to one year contracts for a reason. The Free Agent pickups that we gave long term deals to have been awesome for the most part. Would you rather not have Cofield, Carriker (acquired through trade then signed long term once a Free Agent), Bowen, Morgan or Garcon? Josh Wilson might be your only argument, but he was great for us last year. Hard to judge him this year when the entire secondary is struggling.

I just don't get this sentiment right now.

Lets not rehash this argument right now. its documented in the history of extremeskins what's been said on the subject. KDawg just pointed out something that I think many of us can relate to cause we've been begging for it for such a long time.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 07:19 AM ----------

Again...Shanahan and Allen's draft classes are equal to that of legend with the Redskins. Keenan Robinson and Bernstine are on IR yet the Redskins still produced RG3, Cousins, Morris, Crawford, with Gettis, LeRibeus, and Compton still in that mix. Not to mention FA pickup Kai Forbath. WOW.

I'd argue that this is their first good draft class. Last year's class of Robinson, Paul, Jenknis, Hankerson, Helu, Gomes, Royster, etc. Hasn't produced much. Maybe we've found a solid slot guy in Robinson and a decent guy in Hankerson, but what more. Jenkins is showing flashes. I like Gomes, but think we're using him incorrectly.Even Kerrigan is showing that he needs Orakpo next to him.

But I will say that 2011 is better than the 2008 draft class, where we had 10 players and we (read: Vinny) were excited that everyone made the roster. At least they're showing they can contribute and provide depth.

I'd argue that this is their first good draft class. Last year's class of Robinson, Paul, Jenknis, Hankerson, Helu, Gomes, Royster, etc. Hasn't produced much. Maybe we've found a solid slot guy in Robinson and a decent guy in Hankerson, but what more. Jenkins is showing flashes. I like Gomes, but think we're using him incorrectly.Even Kerrigan is showing that he needs Orakpo next to him.

But I will say that 2011 is better than the 2008 draft class, where we had 10 players and we (read: Vinny) were excited that everyone made the roster. At least they're showing they can contribute and provide depth.

Is it just me or was RG3 coming back onto that field one of the toughest, most inspiring sports moments I've ever seen?

Like Doug Williams in the second quarter of the Super Bowl. RGIII just showed us how tough he is, he is no softy quitter for sure.

Did Manning and Brady get hurt in their rookie year?
RG3 is our franchise QB, for 12 games per year.

Do you think as he gets older and sustains more injuries, he'll be able to play more games per year or less games per year?

We need a franchise QB that can play 16 games and RG3 ain't it.

As much as I like RG3, the writing is on the wall, he's another Byron Leftwich, another Michael Vick:

RG3 is incapable of playing 16 games in one year, not a recipe for success. I hate to say it, but we need a franchise quarterback.

Okay truth be told, you are baiting and trolling here nothing more.

I really don't think people are truly appreciating what RG3 coming back did. Some fans are questioning Shanahan for allowing him to go back on, but man, when you have a QB with an injury and its not to his head and he wants to go out there and play, you let him. Especially if he's adored by the fans and the team. Why? That emotional boost for your team, for sure. But also that emotional drain for the other team. "This dude just had his leg bent in half and he's coming back out here? What the hell do we need to do to stop him? He's super human!"

I really don't think people are truly appreciating what RG3 coming back did. Some fans are questioning Shanahan for allowing him to go back on, but man, when you have a QB with an injury and its not to his head and he wants to go out there and play, you let him. Especially if he's adored by the fans and the team. Why? That emotional boost for your team, for sure. But also that emotional drain for the other team. "This dude just had his leg bent in half and he's coming back out here? What the hell do we need to do to stop him? He's super human!"

Good point, but I still had the fits, the ****s and the blind staggers at the thought of Griffin getting terminated coming back in there...........

And I gotcher back man, bumped it back up to 4 stars :ols:

Lets not rehash this argument right now. its documented in the history of extremeskins what's been said on the subject. KDawg just pointed out something that I think many of us can relate to cause we've been begging for it for such a long time.

Let's look at this real quick:

2010 draft class. The first 2 picks being 1st rounder and a 4th rounder.

1st: Trent Williams

4th: Perry Riley

6th: Dennis Morris (traded for a draft pick)

7th: Selvish Capers is on the Giants roster.

This draft featured no 2nd, 3rd, or 5th round picks.

2011 class

Kerrigan

Jenkins

Hankerson

Helu (Injured reserve, is very good)

DeJon Gomes

Niles Paul

Evan Royster

Aldrick Robinson

Hurt

Markus White (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Chris Neild

2012 draft class.

RG3

LeRibeus

Kirk Cousins

Keenan Robinson (injured reserve)

Adam Gettis

Alfred Morris

Tom Compton

Richard Crawford

Jordan Bernstine (injured reserve)

Late FA pickup: Kai Forbath (25 years old)

The guys who don't make this list who are free agents:

Terrance Austin

Erik Cook

Brandyn Thompson

I don't know how in the world you could disagree with this. Even if the Redskins weren't all that stacked prior to Shanahan coming here, they had an NFL roster with a good amount of solid veterans. Shanahan and Allen have drafted a couple stellar classes. There's NO way you can possibly discredit this.

The guys I highlighted have seen the field often this year. Hell, Helu is on this list and if it wasn't for Morris helping us forget about him, we would be ****ing that we have a burner sitting on IR. There's a solid amount of offensive linemen on this roster that haven't even seen the field yet for judgement.

within 730 days, Shanahan and Allen DRAFTED a stud MLB who's going to be replacing Fletcher, a STUD QB (he leads the lead in QB rating FYI), solid backup QB, a ProBowl RB (4th in rushing), a franchise LT, solid starters like Kerrigan, Hankerson, Jenkins, and tons of depth that contribute Aldrick Robinson, Keenan Robinson, Royster, Gomes, Crawford, Niles Paul, and they picked up a 25 year old stud Kicker.

What more could you possibly want right now? Do you not see the Redskins completely blueprinted this team and have cap managed well enough to survive this 18million cap hit for this and next season. Imagine what will happen when we come out of that.

You can't say that about many franchises that rebuilt this recently. And we're staying in contention. Jesus, the excitement I have for this roster going forward.

Archived