Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII in the rain

TheTotalPackage

How have RGIII and other skill players like Garcon, et. al. performed in the rain and cold before? I ask because RGIII played last season in the Southwest; and Garcon spent the last few seasons playing in a dome, and it is plausible that they may ot have had decent exposure to such conditions.

I did a search before making this thread to make sure I wasnt posting about an already covered topic and found none.

Redskins run a lot of disception and misdirection. That should be a huge advantage in the rain. Like Tomhead said though, in the Steelers' game the rain caused a lot of drops.

Let's hope they've worked that out because otherwise, our offense should have a huge advantage in the rain.

RG3 plays well on wet track

5:15—It’s raining at FedEx Field and it looks like that will be the case all day, steady in the morning and off and on during the game.

That might slightly favor the Redskins, who are the better running team. Alfred Morris will still be able to plant his foot and power into the crease in the defense and it would seem that RG3 has an advantage because he knows where he’s going and the defense doesn’t.

On the other hand, Ray Rice seems like he is a good mudder, being relatively low to the ground. And the last time the Redskins played in any substantially wet weather they dropped 10 passes in a loss to the Steelers.

But Griffin can operate in the rain. Check out this account of Baylor vs. Texas from just over a year ago, a game played on “a rain-soaked day”.

Robert Griffin III, the quarterback Texas passed on during recruiting, passed all over the Texas secondary on his way to, at the very least, an invite to New York for the Heisman Trophy presentation. Griffin had 320 yards passing and touchdown throws of 59 and 39 yards to go along with 32 yards rushing and two more scores.

"He's a world-class sprinter and has a world class arm in a program that ain't done nothing," Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro said.

Griffin has done something now. He has led that nothing program to nine wins for the first time in 25 years. In the first seven plays, Griffin directed two touchdown drives and had passes of 59 and 48 yards. He also left the Longhorns' defenders a little bewildered.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/12/minute-by-minute-redskins-ravens-countdown-blog.html

Not sure specifically, but I don't expect to see Griffin running away from anyone. His speed will certainly be neutralized. That being said, the defense can slip and slide too.

He is a north south runner meaning he doesn't cut much. So as he slows down so to the defenders unless they wear rain "tires" LOL

RG3 plays well on wet track

5:15—It’s raining at FedEx Field and it looks like that will be the case all day, steady in the morning and off and on during the game.

That might slightly favor the Redskins, who are the better running team. Alfred Morris will still be able to plant his foot and power into the crease in the defense and it would seem that RG3 has an advantage because he knows where he’s going and the defense doesn’t.

On the other hand, Ray Rice seems like he is a good mudder, being relatively low to the ground. And the last time the Redskins played in any substantially wet weather they dropped 10 passes in a loss to the Steelers.

But Griffin can operate in the rain. Check out this account of Baylor vs. Texas from just over a year ago, a game played on “a rain-soaked day”.

Robert Griffin III, the quarterback Texas passed on during recruiting, passed all over the Texas secondary on his way to, at the very least, an invite to New York for the Heisman Trophy presentation. Griffin had 320 yards passing and touchdown throws of 59 and 39 yards to go along with 32 yards rushing and two more scores.

"He's a world-class sprinter and has a world class arm in a program that ain't done nothing," Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro said.

Griffin has done something now. He has led that nothing program to nine wins for the first time in 25 years. In the first seven plays, Griffin directed two touchdown drives and had passes of 59 and 48 yards. He also left the Longhorns' defenders a little bewildered.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/12/minute-by-minute-redskins-ravens-countdown-blog.html

He's done nothing? Really? Please don't piss me off.

Big mac, Hogette, on screen now ESPN.

How have RGIII and other skill players like Garcon, et. al. performed in the rain and cold before? I ask because RGIII played last season in the Southwest; and Garcon spent the last few seasons playing in a dome, and it is plausible that they may ot have had decent exposure to such conditions.

I did a search before making this thread to make sure I wasnt posting about an already covered topic and found none.

You guys want the rain....no ifs ands or buts..hard enough with good footing to keep up if you are on defense...althought ther option will be more prone to turnovers in the rain.

Archived