Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3?

GOSKINS_08

The S3 is not too big. At first it looks big compared to other phones out there but it is lightweight and I have no issues caring it in my shirt pocket, jean pockets, back pocket or holding it in my hand. If you have Cee-lo Green size hands, then you might have an issue. The iPhone 5 is basically a stretched iPhone 4. the width of the screen is the same but its longer. Looks like a damn remote control.

my galaxy nexus has all those features with the exception of expandable memory.

LTE: check

NFC: check

Expandable Memory: Comes standard with 32 gigs (which is plenty for me)

Bloatware: NONE

this phone probably runs $100 now

The camera is significantly better on the GS3, at 8mp compared to 5mp. If that's important to you.

I don't understand the pocket thing. My S3 fits perfectly in my pocket and sometimes I forget its even in there. I guess its different if people wear tighter jeans, but I have zero problem.

It's a matter of personal preference really. I can't stand having stuff in my pockets period. I carry my credit cards and license with a small money clip and that's about it. Up until now candy bar style phones, and the various iPhones have perfectly fit into my jeans coin pocket, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Carrying a phone the size of the Galaxy S3 around in my pocket would annoy me to no end.

that may be true but i don't know how much of it has to do with Mega Pixels.

can the camera on the S3 do panasonic mode and does it have the zero shutter lag that the GN has?

Yes and Yes. S3 camera also has the ability for burst shot which I think takes like 20 pictures at once?

Get a Nexus phone or you'll be waiting months for Android upgrades. New OS >> expandable memory

Isn't the Galaxy Nexus the only legitimate nexus phone out right now? I think Jelly Bean will be available on it shortly. I wish there were more nexus options, but I think some are on the horizon.

Isn't the Galaxy Nexus the only legitimate nexus phone out right now? I think Jelly Bean will be available on it shortly. I wish there were more nexus options, but I think some are on the horizon.

LG Nexus is announced next week. The Galaxy Nexus has had Jelly Bean for over a month.

LG Nexus is announced next week. The Galaxy Nexus has had Jelly Bean for over a month.

I am anxious to see the announcements on the phones and tablets. Too bad the Galaxy Nexus isn't sold from ATT, it would be pretty darn cheap. $349 is overpriced from Google directly. Not that big of a deal to me that you can switch from ATT and T-Mobile and not be locked into a contract.

Pertaining to this thread, the Galaxy S3 is still the top android on the market in regards to specs.

we got some smart people on here. I have the S2, and I love it. I got it right before the S3 came out. I may skip S3 and hold out until S4. The size thing became noticeable when I got that big ballistic case to go on it, but I'm use to it now. The phone itself doesn't take up that much space, but I always felt like I would drop it, so the case is a must for me. Ya'll really got me interested in this NFC stuff.

My brother got the S3, and i got the iphone 5. I was coming from owning an evo for 2+years and just wanted a phone that was a bit smaller to fit in my jeans better. But honestly, with the case on, i still dont like putting the phone in my pocket. To top it off, the S3 is pretty great and makes me envious that the iphone doesnt have live wallpapers or widget screens. The only thing i can say that the iphone still has over everyone else is lightness ( not by much) and the typing ability. Its keyboard just works better than android systems.

Any thoughts on Razr Maxx HD? Or Razr M?

My list again:

LTE

NFC

Expandable memory

ICS or better

Less bloatware

Not as familiar with those, but I've heard they are good phones. If you are set on an Android phone I'd recommend checking out androidcentral.com. Tons of news and reviews and also forums for each phone.

---------- Post added October-25th-2012 at 08:58 AM ----------

My brother got the S3' date=' and i got the iphone 5. I was coming from owning an evo for 2+years and just wanted a phone that was a bit smaller to fit in my jeans better. But honestly, with the case on, i still dont like putting the phone in my pocket. To top it off, the S3 is pretty great and makes me envious that the iphone doesnt have live wallpapers or widget screens. The only thing i can say that the iphone still has over everyone else is lightness ( not by much) and the typing ability. Its keyboard just works better than android systems.[/quote']

But we can change our keyboard. I don't like the stock keyboard so I use SwiftKey. I know alot of people use Swype too. So that's another thing with Android, if we don't like something, we can find a way to change it. What you get with the iPhone is what you get.

Not as familiar with those, but I've heard they are good phones. If you are set on an Android phone I'd recommend checking out androidcentral.com. Tons of news and reviews and also forums for each phone.

---------- Post added October-25th-2012 at 08:58 AM ----------

But we can change our keyboard. I don't like the stock keyboard so I use SwiftKey. I know alot of people use Swype too. So that's another thing with Android, if we don't like something, we can find a way to change it. What you get with the iPhone is what you get.

The phase beam live wallpaper is awesome.

It's not ideal but I get by. It just looks really cool. Sometimes I go to a regular wallpaper.

I've never used the live wallpapers cuz I've heard bad things. Although, I've been testing different things and left my GPS on all day yesterday and didn't notice any difference in battery life.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I went with the S3. I have a question though. What's the easiest possible way to transfer my pics/videos from my droid bionic to my S3? Without using a computer if possible? By an app perhaps?

When I went from my Thunderbolt to the S3, all my pictures were on there automatically. Did you have an SD card in your Bionic that you can put into your S3 to get the stuff of of?

pocket.do is a pretty cool app. it lets you sync your photos online from your phone. I don't know if it will allow you to do it vice versa. You can also locate your phone if stolen and disable it. You can enable the phone camera remotely to spy lol. You can also send text messages remotely and it uploads your contacts.

May want to check it out

Archived