Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CHFF.com: NFL Week 7: 12 Storylines That Should Frighten Football Fans (Redskins)

Audible_Red40

Rework every contract we possibly can and make as much cap room as possible.

Then buy the two best safeties on the market. Keep Meriweather around too, and try and see if Jackson can come back. If there's a cheap CB (maybe Talib gets a one year prove it deal), slide Hall over to FS too.

Do whatever it takes, no matter the cost, to procure two safeties worth a damn.

Then draft a RT in the 2nd round (Aboushi, most likely), and spend the 3rd and 4th rounders on safeties anyway.

The only safeties currently on staff who should be here next year are maybe, *maybe* Meriweather and Bernsteine (and Jackson, if he's considered "on staff"). All the rest? Toss 'em, let them be some other team's problem. Gomes, if he suddenly looks great in the offseason, maybe can be allowed to stay, he certainly looked great on special teams, but if it doesn't look like he's developing quickly...toss him. If either Williams or Doughty are on this team next year, it will mean we have failed to complete a successful overhaul.

The O-line, with an upgraded RT, will hold. The RBs, TEs, WRs, once injuries heal, will be fine. The front seven, while it could use another DE, will survive, and even the corners, Wilson and Hall, will limp along for one more year, with hopefully Crawford or Minnifield doing something useful. But the safeties, we need to deal with that immediately and in a major way. If we have to burn the unit to the ground, do it, and make 2013 the year of the safety.

I can't agree with this more!!! The safety play will actually improve the Corner play. Our safeties are honestly the worst I have ever watched on any team in the NFL, ever!!

I fully agree with DogofWar1. How big do the Orakpo and Carriker injuries look now? It seems that we wouldn't be as worse off with those two playing, since the pass rush pressure would mask our safety issues some. But yes, it clear that the offseason is all about getting NFL quality safeties.

(talk about irony: Washington drafts Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers, & Laron Landry - and NONE of those guys play in DC right now. Unbelievable.)

"The Redskins have also surrendered 2,383 yards through the air, most in the NFL, and on pace to allow 5,447 yards. No team has ever allowed 5,000 yards through the air in one season, though the Packers and Patriots each came close last year."

What a disgusting and disturbing quote.

A free Internet cookie to the person who can tell me what the hell this man just said.

Basically, if people are going overboard because our D blows and think this is it for our franchise for the foreseaable future, they're wrong.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 01:29 PM ----------

Can't blame Rogers for being mad. They sign a cb who just got cut and give him a monster contract after a partial season. I'd take Rogers over Hall any day, and said as much back then.

Well it wasn't Shanahan or Allen that made the DHall move. I guess you can't blame it, but he took a one year vet min contract in San Fran after complaining that he wanted to be making Revis money. So he can go sleep on peoples' couches somewhere else.

Could people stop blaming Reed Doughty because it's the cool thing to do? He's been solid since he went in over Gomes and has been a definite improvement over Gomes as well. Right now, a win or a loss is as simple as Madeiu playing well or not. He played well enough against Tampa, the Saints (Gomes actually played well that game, too, then just fell way off) and the Vikings. That's why we won those three games. He was awful in each of our four losses. Doughty has only clearly messed up on one play that cost us big and that was the TD to Julio Jones against the Falcons.

So sick of him getting trashed.

I think it's interesting to note that the Packers and Patriots came close to allowing 5,000 last year. That just goes to show that Griffin's play is having an impact on the defense, just like these other elites. When a team has an elite QB, the opponent has to pass all day long, driving up stats.

That's what happens when you have Reed Doughty and Madieu Williams playing Safety.

I've been around here long enough to understand that Reed's extremeskins favorite whipping boy, but reed has played noticeably well lately. much better than Dejon Gomes, who many on here loved last year( I remained one of his few critics, attempting to warn people that Gomes isn't very good).

Doesn't matter if Reed is better then Gomes. They are both huge abominations. Just because Reed may be better than Gomes doesn't mean that Reed should be allowed near a football field. Reed can sometimes be a decent run stopper and that is it. He misses a lot of tackles and sometimes he can't bring the guy down. But the main responsibility of a saftey is not to let anyone get behind you. He takes bad angles, he is slow to react to the QB and he is so damn slow. I remember where he got BURNED by Jason Witten. Jason Witten is an amazing TE but cmon man!!!!!! Jason Witten was running stride for stride with Reed and then PASSED HIM then he caught the ball then he extended the distance between him and Reed. Reed is a liability on D.

Keep him on special teams sure but he can not play D.

It just shows how bad our team has been over the last decade when some people (not talking about you person 3 posts above me) think that Reed is an acceptable option in our secondary OR any of our current safetys are decent options.

Could people stop blaming Reed Doughty because it's the cool thing to do? He's been solid since he went in over Gomes and has been a definite improvement over Gomes as well. Right now, a win or a loss is as simple as Madeiu playing well or not. He played well enough against Tampa, the Saints (Gomes actually played well that game, too, then just fell way off) and the Vikings. That's why we won those three games. He was awful in each of our four losses. Doughty has only clearly messed up on one play that cost us big and that was the TD to Julio Jones against the Falcons.

So sick of him getting trashed.

indeed. reed is playing pretty well. But once an initial perception has been formed, it's difficult to change it. reed's weaknesses have been exposed in the past, and because of that, a lot of posters on this board refuse to acknowledge the idea that he can play well.

A free Internet cookie to the person who can tell me what the hell this man just said.

I think what he's trying to say is that we don't have to get it all figured out in 2012. Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for Griffin and the offense, meaning that we should have a wide open window to improve the defense in time to contend for a long time in the NFC.

If our pathetic Special Teams play of the past several seasons can't get Danny Smith fired I don't see why setting the record for points against will get Haslett fired either. At least Haslett has somewhat of an excuse with all the injuries, suspensions and failure to sign anyone 1/2 as good as the guys we let walk the past 2 off seasons.

Archived