Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jezebel: The NFL’s Campaign Against Breast Cancer Is a Total Scam

China

I really don`t. I`m this way with my friends, family, patients too... and they don`t view me as a bully. It`s all how you perceive information... and that`s based on your experiences and values. Which I cannot control. There is nothing absolute in this world. 2 people can view the same object and have different interpretations of it; doesn`t mean either 1 is right... but the object cannot control what those people think. If I perceive you as a rapist because of how I interpret your posts... does that make you a rapist?

Oh I can relate. :D

I really don`t. I`m this way with my friends, family, patients too... and they don`t view me as a bully. It`s all how you perceive information... and that`s based on your experiences and values. Which I cannot control. There is nothing absolute in this world. 2 people can view the same object and have different interpretations of it; doesn`t mean either 1 is right... but the object cannot control what those people think. If I perceive you as a rapist because of how I interpret your posts... does that make you a rapist?

I didn`t donate. I don`t donate. I am opposed to charities related to research/medicine. I`m an athiest but I still contribute to society.

But in my world view... charity is charity. Either you`re all in because you believe in a cause or you`re not. At worst, cover your expenses. Anything more than that is profitable. And a 3rd party profiting from charity is despicable IMHO.

I donate because I can. I certainly don't buy the pink stuff because it is corny to me.

I donate because my wifes family adopted two children because their mother expired due to the cancer.

But as far as the bully stuff, haha, I used to be the same way with clients, family, friends, and such.

My friends know not to ask me an opinion about something they already know is probably bad.

Honesty is a flaw for some people.

It raises awareness and money is donated, but the NFL is not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Its sole purpose, for the NFL, is to make a profit. It's kind of messed up when you view it like that, but like many others have said, is it such a bad thing? Money is still being donated.

Honesty is a flaw for some people.

I donate ``treatment`` and money to my patient`s when they approach me for donations. That`s giving back to my community. I give away alot of my time and expertise every week -- an insane amount -- because I don`t have money to donate :)

Yes, I`m argumentative. Yes, I`m opinionated. I don`t think those qualities are reserved to bullies :-) However, `bullying` implies a differentiation of power among parties. I relinquished mine -- as an ES owner and moderator -- 5 years ago... in part due to my higher value of being authentic... which in my case saying what I believe to be true :)

I wouldn`t say honest is a flaw per se, I would say there are occasions where it is counter-productive to attaining your goals :)

---------- Post added October-14th-2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

It raises awareness and money is donated, but the NFL is not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Its sole purpose, for the NFL, is to make a profit. It's kind of messed up when you view it like that, but like many others have said, is it such a bad thing? Money is still being donated.

If the NFL wanted to donate money... why don`t they just cut the charity a big fat cheque and skip the selling of merchandise?

They chose to use their brand and loyalty to their audience/customers. They didn`t have to do that. But they did it for $$$$$$.

Some people might take that into consideration when donating for causes now... or in dealing with the NFL in any way. We all learned something from this.

Have you seen those SPCA commercials that play all over the country and make everybody sad? Well, it's the NY SPCA exclusively. So, if you see the commercial, donate money thinking you're helping local animals in your state, you're not. Your money goes to NY state, which is one of the worst run, highest kill SPCAs in the country.

Are you helping animals? Yes. Is it right? No.

Same with the Humane Society. Not one rescue, not helping one animal, runing a multi million dollar operation with people making bank at the top of it.

The Red Cross, requires a ton of donation money to make that company work, but they are everywhere and usually first one the scene.

Maybe someday we won't see for profit companies like this. Maybe someday we won't need to donate money. When more people than not think it's great that the NFL have found a new way to squeeze dollars into their pockets, I doubt we'll ever find out.

I donate ``treatment`` and money to my patient`s when they approach me for donations. That`s giving back to my community. I give away alot of my time and expertise every week -- an insane amount -- because I don`t have money to donate :)

Yes, I`m argumentative. Yes, I`m opinionated. I don`t think those qualities are reserved to bullies :-) However, `bullying` implies a differentiation of power among parties. I relinquished mine -- as an ES owner and moderator -- 5 years ago... in part due to my higher value of being authentic... which in my case saying what I believe to be true :)

I wouldn`t say honest is a flaw per se, I would say there are occasions where it is counter-productive to attaining your goals :)

I knew I liked you for a reason back in the day when I was merely lurking. haha.

My primary charity is for children with prosthetics. Time, money, etc. I don't even have a family reason to do it. It's simply something my wife and I enjoy doing.

Your goals will be met because you are a tenacious person that won't give up. That is an amazing quality to me. I am realizing my personal goals and enjoying them because of that same tenacity.

I don't need power, I just need a voice. Thankfully, we have that.

EDIT: And I don't mind a good argument here and there either...just not with my wife...she knows what I like for breakfast... haha

Personally, I've always seen it as more of an awkward fashion ploy than anything else. Pink cleats, pink armbands, ridiculous pink ankle tape, pink everything. It's always good to raise awareness, but I definitely wouldn't be naive enough to think that there already isn't a ton of awareness about breast cancer in this country. To me, if pink cleats and pink towels can raise more awareness, then I'm cool with that. I am fully aware of how businesses operate in situations like this, so I am not surprised or outraged by it, at all.

A little is always better than none (businesses gotta make that paper too!), but when you look at the lengths that the NFL is going to market all of this pink merchandise, and you look at the amount that actually does go towards funding breast cancer research, it does strike me as a little...funny.

Personally, I've always seen it as more of an awkward fashion ploy than anything else. Pink cleats, pink armbands, rididiculous pink ankle tape, pink everything. It's always good to raise awareness, but I definitely wouldn't be naive enough to think that there already is a ton of awareness about breast cancer in this country. To me, if pink cleats and pink towels can raise more awareness, then I'm cool with that. I am fully aware of how businesses operate in situations like this, so I am not surprised or outraged by it, at all.

A little is always better than none (businesses gotta make that paper too!), but when you look at the lengths that the NFL is going to market all of this pink merchandise, and you look at the amount that actually does go towards funding breast cancer research, it does strike me as a little...funny.

Basically, the NFL gets another product line to profit off of, while kicking in a few pennies to charity and collecting beaucoup PR bennies from the soccer moms (OMG NFL CARES). MBA minimax strategy at its finest.

Those of you who are outraged about NFL's Pink-gate would go ape**** if you actually looked into the budgets of many large charities. Hint, a large portion of their money does not go to research. Or awareness.

FYI, Livestrong donates a very MINIMAL amount of its money to scientific research.... OUTRAGEOUS!

Basically, the NFL gets another product line to profit off of, while kicking in a few pennies to charity and collecting beaucoup PR bennies from the soccer moms (OMG NFL CARES). MBA minimax strategy at its finest.

Yeah, you're right. They're good. Job well done. i noticed it a few years ago, when a few people were starting to notice how much of this stuff the players were wearing, and basically starting wondering wth was going on, and were immediately criticized for bashing breast cancer research, and all of the lives that it has affected across the country, and not realizing that it was "All for a good cause." It's just a little funny is all I'm saying.

Those of you who are outraged about NFL's Pink-gate would go ape**** if you actually looked into the budgets of many large charities. Hint, a large portion of their money does not go to research. Or awareness.

FYI, Livestrong donates a very MINIMAL amount of its money to scientific research.... OUTRAGEOUS!

K, Let them rage. I think it is more because it is pink sometimes. haha.

My solution to this problem is to not give to charities.

Archived