Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with connecting my tv to my wireless internet

Maxito

I have a Panasonic Viera smart tv. So I have been attempting for quite a while to connect it to my wireless. It's able to find the network, but after I put my password it doesn't really connect. It gives me this error "Connection failed. An authentication error or a time out error occurred." Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix it.

I would double check your password to make sure it's correct. Check the owner's manual for the TV also to make sure everything is connected properly. If you don't have the owner's manual, then you can usually find it on the internet. You just have to know what the model number is for your Panasonic Viera TV. Hope that helps.

Rebooting your router is always an easy option. Could your router have 'old connections' that appear as active and won't allow additional ones?

Occasionally I've had PCs or other devices that stop connecting, and flipping the router power switch, waiting 10 seconds, and flipping it back on again will do the trick.

Rebooting your router is always an easy option. Could your router have 'old connections' that appear as active and won't allow additional ones?

Occasionally I've had PCs or other devices that stop connecting, and flipping the router power switch, waiting 10 seconds, and flipping it back on again will do the trick.

Try this, I know we've had to do that a few times when my wife's Kindle Fire won't connect.

I have a Panasonic Viera smart tv. So I have been attempting for quite a while to connect it to my wireless. It's able to find the network, but after I put my password it doesn't really connect. It gives me this error "Connection failed. An authentication error or a time out error occurred." Does anyone know what this means, and how to fix it.

Not sure which model you have but some models below the VT series require a dongle (i have the GT50 and it came with a dongle) that comes with the TV. I do know that the 2012 Pannys have built-in wireless so my point might be moot but worth looking into. Also, resetting the router may help as others have pointed out. Do all your other devices on your network work fine?

Tried this, and it still doesn't work..

Not sure which model you have but some models below the VT series require a dongle (i have the GT50 and it came with a dongle) that comes with the TV. I do know that the 2012 Pannys have built-in wireless so my point might be moot but worth looking into. Also, resetting the router may help as others have pointed out. Do all your other devices on your network work fine?

When I bought the tv, it came with this USB that connected to my television. I have FIOS, so the modem acts as my wireless router too, you think I have to go to the settings on my router and change option to allow it. All of my devices on my network are working fine without a hitch. And just found out the model of my television its a PANASONIC VIERA GT30.

Just an out there suggestion, but check to make sure the TV wireless adapter is capable transmitting in a form compatible with your router. Most routers now are N, make sure the adapter is not A or G, or if it is your router accepts those.

Just an out there suggestion, but check to make sure the TV wireless adapter is capable transmitting in a form compatible with your router. Most routers now are N, make sure the adapter is not A or G, or if it is your router accepts those.

Don't know where I can see where I can see the letter.. All I see is Panasonic N5HBZ#######.. So I am assumings is N

If your TV is timing out quickly, it's the encryption key. Re-enter it and make sure you have the correct encryption enabled.

Rebooting your router renews your IP address. A very common issue as others here have said above. With a laptop, you'll encounter the need to reboot if the connection fail takes a bit longer than on an encryption fail.

If only one device can't connect and encryption or the router are not the issue, deleting the wireless card out of device settings and rebooting will re-install your wireless card and fix other common issues.

---------- Post added October-11th-2012 at 09:00 PM ----------

802.11N is backward compatible with B and G.

Archived