Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld - Raiders waive 2011 third rd pick (T) Barksdale

hail2redskns

Didn't we take Cousins over him?
Barksdale was a 3rd in the 2011 draft.

RGIII, Cousins, and company are 2012 draft picks.

Probably thinking of Bobby Massie, OT out of Ole Miss, as to who we took Cousins over. A lot of places had him rated as a 2nd rounder, but he fell due to character issues or something.

^^^ This ^^^

The most important thing that most overlooked in this thread. I still can't believe Skins let Willie go. The depth is not at the point where this team can afford to let young players go along the OL.

Yeah, and not just let him go but kept Jordan Black. Uh..hmm? lol

^^^ This ^^^

The most important thing that most overlooked in this thread. I still can't believe Skins let Willie go. The depth is not at the point where this team can afford to let young players go along the OL.

Yeah I was perplexed myself. We got the report he showed up a little tubby and that Shanny put him in the dog house and he wasn't able to fight his way out unfortunately.

Felt like bumping this thread because people here are talking about Willie Smith. Willie Smith got flat out abused last game against Denver. It looks like we cut him because he might have actually regressed a bit from last season.

He did regress. That much was clear. I get it's awesome for some people to latch on to what looks like a mistake by the FO and keep talking about it because it makes them look smart if they end up right, but in this case, Willie Smith came out of shape to camp and everyone saw it. Then he proceeded to stink it up throughout training camp (he was consistently on Keim's and Campbell's reports as having a bad day) and does nothing during the preseason to stand out against third stringers (he didn't do bad though, I'll give him that... but he should be owning those guys).

I remember when Shanny made the move to Lichtensteiger over Dockery. Boy, was everyone so smart about bashing him for that. :rolleyes:

I mean, EVERYONE, wanted to kill him for that. Brian Mitchell was screaming about it non-stop. Looks like the same is happening right now. It's too bad Willie Smith regressed... he was good for us last year and I really thought he'd take on a starting role here. But I'm not going to be one to quickly jump in when it looks like the FO made a mistake because this very thing has happened on numerous occasions only for the FO to end up being vindicated. Let's see how Smith does with the Raiders from here on out. Even if he does well, that doesn't mean Shanahan was wrong to cut him for what he did. Shanahan will let guys go to make an example out of them and I like that. It's just more proof to all the players on this team that if you come in thinking you have the right to a job simply because and you're not willing to do the work for it you won't be on this team no matter how much potential you have.

Not sure if you guys are referring to most of what was written in this thread on Smith, but for the most part, we were saying that this cat was cut for Smith... so if you are unhappy with Willie Smith's play against Denver... you won't be happy with this cat unless he just needed a change of scene.

Not sure if you guys are referring to most of what was written in this thread on Smith, but for the most part, we were saying that this cat was cut for Smith... so if you are unhappy with Willie Smith's play against Denver... you won't be happy with this cat unless he just needed a change of scene.

Well, my post wasn't in regards to this guy. Just about Smith in particular. :)

Felt like bumping this thread because people here are talking about Willie Smith. Willie Smith got flat out abused last game against Denver. It looks like we cut him because he might have actually regressed a bit from last season.
How did Smith look the previous week compared to how Jordan Black and Tyler Polumbus looked?

Anyone can cherry pick a bad game, just saying.

He did regress. That much was clear. I get it's awesome for some people to latch on to what looks like a mistake by the FO and keep talking about it because it makes them look smart if they end up right, but in this case, Willie Smith came out of shape to camp and everyone saw it. Then he proceeded to stink it up throughout training camp (he was consistently on Keim's and Campbell's reports as having a bad day) and does nothing during the preseason to stand out against third stringers (he didn't do bad though, I'll give him that... but he should be owning those guys).

I remember when Shanny made the move to Lichtensteiger over Dockery. Boy, was everyone so smart about bashing him for that. :rolleyes:

I mean, EVERYONE, wanted to kill him for that. Brian Mitchell was screaming about it non-stop. Looks like the same is happening right now. It's too bad Willie Smith regressed... he was good for us last year and I really thought he'd take on a starting role here. But I'm not going to be one to quickly jump in when it looks like the FO made a mistake because this very thing has happened on numerous occasions only for the FO to end up being vindicated. Let's see how Smith does with the Raiders from here on out. Even if he does well, that doesn't mean Shanahan was wrong to cut him for what he did. Shanahan will let guys go to make an example out of them and I like that. It's just more proof to all the players on this team that if you come in thinking you have the right to a job simply because and you're not willing to do the work for it you won't be on this team no matter how much potential you have.

Right on, right on. If nothing else good happens under Shanny, this is the one thing I'll be thankful finally happened to the Skins.

The era of entitlement is over...

How did Smith look the previous week compared to how Jordan Black and Tyler Polumbus looked?

Anyone can cherry pick a bad game, just saying.

I just watched the Tampa game again - Polumbus had a pretty good game Sunday both in pass pro and in the run game. That might have something to do with the Tampa defense but it was a much better performance than the week before.

Bottom line though if we are comparing Smith, Black and Polumbus is that none of them should be starting on a team that has pretensions of making a deep play off run. Polumbus is the best of the 3 and the best you can say about Smith is he is young enough he could develop. I still dont get why we kept Black over anyone - he looked flat terrible when he had to come in for Trent.

Bottom line though if we are comparing Smith, Black and Polumbus is that none of them should be starting on a team that has pretensions of making a deep play off run.

This is the hammer hitting the nail on the head... it's great to have reliable depth, but none of these guys are starters.

Bottom line though if we are comparing Smith, Black and Polumbus is that none of them should be starting on a team that has pretensions of making a deep play off run. Polumbus is the best of the 3 and the best you can say about Smith is he is young enough he could develop. I still dont get why we kept Black over anyone - he looked flat terrible when he had to come in for Trent.
I think Smith was the best of the 3, but I agree with the gist of your point.

Counting on anything more then a passable level of play from this group is hopeful, but I would rather place my hope in a young player like Smith especially since he was here as a back-up.

PFF has Polombus as the 3rd worst OT in their ratings.

I don't subscribe to PFF so I don't know the other OT he's ahead of.

Sooner or later they gotta call Compton up.

Imho he can't be much worse then Polumbus and he got to better then Black right now.

Archived