Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foulness: Katie Moody Taunts Ravens Torrey Smith on Twitter

Cowboy8467

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/baltimore_city/baltimore-a-dirty-city

never said she was a raven fan, just that she was from that ****hole city.... but yea, youre part of a fanbase who likes to say theres a rivalry with the redskins, and everytime i go to work, wether it be in bmore or dc, 2/3 of the crew i work with are ravens fans, and all they can say is rg3 suck and flacco is a top 10 qb.... ive heard enough from clowns from "charm city" and 2/3 of the superbowl you won belongs to cleveland... you didnt have to build a franchise ala the houston texans, you were given an nfl ready team

\

I feel the same way about Ravens fans. **** 'em. I heard nastier comments from them, after Sean Taylor's murder. The only difference is that they didn't tweet it.

Am I the only one who thinks that people are taking this crap way too far?

Was what she said detestable? Yeah completely, she's a terrible person for it. But does it warrant her life being essentially ruined and her losing her job? Christ no. Fans threatening her and trying to get Hopkins to fire her are just as bad.

Couldn't agree more. Did her words really hurt these people so much that they should try to get her dried?

Was it a trashy thing to so, of course. Getting someone fired will change their life, totally different than some words that can roll off someone's back.

First: I still can't understand anything from Twitter. Why is there an @ or a # before every other word? Why does everyone write like a 12 year old?

Second: Who is Katie Moody and why does anyone care about this? What she said is probably the 263rd worst thing I've read on the internet today.

First, I'm with you on that. What a slop fest that site seems to be. I don't twitter.

Second, a random nobody said something in jest about a person she will never meet, out of anger because of a sporting event and people have been able to find personal offense to it. People love that.

Am I the only one who thinks that people are taking this crap way too far?

Was what she said detestable? Yeah completely, she's a terrible person for it. But does it warrant her life being essentially ruined and her losing her job? Christ no. Fans threatening her and trying to get Hopkins to fire her are just as bad.

Totally correct. She said something stupid, caught all sorts of grief for it, and apologized. End of story. Leave her alone.

It really says something about the narcissism of the younger generation that so many are so desperate for attention and think their inane thoughts are so important that they're constantly posting or tweeting them. Someone wise once said no one knows you're a fool until you open your mouth and show them. Katie Moody understands what that means now.

Made me think about all the Boston fans saying racist **** to Joel Ward after the Caps knocked the Bruins out of the playoffs this year.

Boston fans are terrible losers, perhaps even the worst losers. That's why it seems like the entire universe roots against them.

They've won 2 World Series, 3 Super Bowls, 1 NBA title and 1 Stanley Cup within the last 10 years. They've become spoiled. I can remember only 2 of my 4 teams that won titles (Skins and O's) within the same time period, so I always had at least 2 teams that sucked when the others were good. I guess all that winning makes accpeting losing that much harder.

It's sadly amusing (oxymoron?) what people will get so worked up about. First, her, because her team lost. Then B'more fans going to the lengths they went to to publish her info and try and get her fired. There are a billion REAL problems within our state alone that could use even some minimal attention or righteous indignation, but instead a football game and idiotic tweet are what gets people upset. Unreal.

It's unbelievably stupid and childish. The whole thing. Good to see football and social media bring out the worst in people. Sports, and the ability to communicate en masse is not for everybody.

They've won 2 World Series, 3 Super Bowls, 1 NBA title and 1 Stanley Cup within the last 10 years. They've become spoiled. I can remember only 2 of my 4 teams that won titles (Skins and O's) within the same time period, so I always had at least 2 teams that sucked when the others were good. I guess all that winning makes accpeting losing that much harder.

"They" (Boston sports fans) haven't won anything - they've just been fans of teams that won various titles. It's very sad how some sports fans seem to tie their self-worth to what a group of strangers accomplish.

First: I still can't understand anything from Twitter. Why is there an @ or a # before every other word? Why does everyone write like a 12 year old?

Second: Who is Katie Moody and why does anyone care about this? What she said is probably the 263rd worst thing I've read on the internet today.

This pretty much covers everything I was going to post.

What she said was horrible. She now knows it. That really should be the end of it.

"They" (Boston sports fans) haven't won anything - they've just been fans of teams that won various titles. It's very sad how some sports fans seem to tie their self-worth to what a group of strangers accomplish.

Well, technically fans do not go out and win games physically themselves, but by buying tickets, merchandise, satellite sports packages and sitting down to watch games, fans feel a connection to a team. So I feel like when one of my teams win, I win and when one of them loses, I lose. I'm not saying that I live and die with a sports team, but it does become a part of you no matter what you may think. Hell, we're all on a message board with the word "Redskins or Skins" in it.

People make mistakes.

Classless ***** with that one, but we've all done stupid stuff when we were kids. She's just a dumbass who can hopefully turn it around.

I am with you that was mindless anger that had nothing to do with the game but rather about whatever is going on inside of her. She does not deserve to lose her job over this and hopefully she learns from the mistake.

Well, and literally, these groups of strangers wouldn't be doing anything without being institutions invested in by these fans. Sure, some guys might be in a league or play two-hand touch on the weekend just to compete but no one would care and they wouldn't be getting paid anything to play and their exploits would not become legend.

That literally goes for any other institution, including saying "we" when you really mean the people elected, appointed and hired in government (and not even all of them) or "our city."

Ravens player get insulted about his dead brother on twitter by a Pats fan...turns into a Baltimore bashing thread a little bit.

I noticed that as well. Seems quite a few posters here have a high level of contempt for Bmore as if its the worst place in America. Makes no sense to me at all.

Well, and literally, these groups of strangers wouldn't be doing anything without being institutions invested in by these fans. Sure, some guys might be in a league or play two-hand touch on the weekend just to compete but no one would care and they wouldn't be getting paid anything to play and their exploits would not become legend.

That literally goes for any other institution, including saying "we" when you really mean the people elected, appointed and hired in government (and not even all of them) or "our city."

But the individual fan's contribution to that "investment" in a team is probably ridiculously small, and quite inconsequential.

Harassing her and trying to get her fired and threatening her is far more atrocious than the stupid **** she said. That's the kind of **** that reflects horribly on Baltimore.

Who cares? It's just some ass talking **** for attention on the internet. That 50% of all conversation on the internet since the day it was created. Life goes on.

It's not "worse" per say depending on how far you go but it is hypocritical. But a simple tweet at her saying that was an incredibly irresponsible and tasteless comment is certainly not out of line whatsoever. Telling her she should be raped is absolutely out of line.

But guess what, do I feel bad for her, nope. She made her bed, now she gets to lay in it. It's the stupidity more than the comment, bad as it was/ To think in this age of instantaneous history that you could get away with a comment like that is so insane and blasphemous it's scary to think.

I imagine her treatment is akin to George Costanza when they find out he's not really handicapped.

Archived