Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

going to first ever NFL/ SKINS game in Chicago

joeknows

ok im going to my first ever skins game next week and im absolutely stoked!!! will any of you be there?? will there be a tailgate? and what things should every fan take to a game or know about going to a game?

i would really like to maybe meet some of you guys that i have chatted with over the years, so if you are gonna be there let me know and we can set up a time and place to maybe meet and "prepare" for the game!!!

HTTR!!!! HTRGIII!!!!!

Be prepared to hear a lot of "1940" from Bear fans.

You can then retort with "1986" or "1987" or ask them why the 85 team never became a dynasty....you could also say "1989" or "1990" or "1991" or "1996" or "1997." If that doesn't work try "1999" or "2004" or "2005" or "2007" or "2010."

Since 1985, we have owned the Bears....12-3 including 2-0 in playoffs.

It's pre-season so expect to see a lot of empty seats before during, and especially in the 2nd half of the game. Nobody really cares what happens at pre-season games. You get fans who want to stay for 1 quarter to see the starters play meaningless vanilla offense because they've been so freaking football deprived for so many days now that they'll take any small glimpse at the real thing, and then you have people who actually know all about the 2nd and 3rd string guys and their position battles who will watch intently for all 4 quarters. I hear the revamped Soldier field is quite nice though so there's that to look forward to.

needless to say i was bit disappointed with the starting oline, RGIII didnt get any time at all. was surprised to not see rex play at all, but Cousins looked REALLY good. couple of questionable calls especially on a pass interference on a ball thrown out of bounds.

i was in the nose bleed section so maybe i couldnt see so much. how did it look on tv?

wasnt disappointed in my first game overall. weather was great!! and the bears fans are a pretty classy bunch!

needless to say i was bit disappointed with the starting oline, RGIII didnt get any time at all. was surprised to not see rex play at all, but Cousins looked REALLY good. couple of questionable calls especially on a pass interference on a ball thrown out of bounds.

i was in the nose bleed section so maybe i couldnt see so much. how did it look on tv?

wasnt disappointed in my first game overall. weather was great!! and the bears fans are a pretty classy bunch!

Glad that you had a good time! I'm also happy to see that Chicago is classy. I'm not looking forward to eventually going to Philly, but Dallas fans are class acts, too.

Grossman didn't need to be in the game for the same reason that Fletcher didn't need to be in there: We know what we've got in them and we want to see what Cousins and Riley/Jackson/etc. can do.

The funniest part about tonight is that, even though our starters were very disappointing, our youth is tremendous. There's a crap ton of guys where you think, "Um, where the eff did that guy come from?" when he makes a great play (Crawford/Paulsen/Cousins/Davis/Morris).

In fact, I think that I actually had more fun watching the second half when the starters were gone than I did at the beginning off the game.

The funniest part about tonight is that, even though our starters were very disappointing, our youth is tremendous. There's a crap ton of guys where you think, "Um, where the eff did that guy come from?" when he makes a great play (Crawford/Paulsen/Cousins/Davis/Morris).

In fact, I think that I actually had more fun watching the second half when the starters were gone than I did at the beginning off the game.

Couldn't agree more, sir. That just speaks to the culture change we have undergone since the new regime has taken over. It's quite refreshing actually...to see great competition across the board on both sides of the ball - young guys going at it, fighting for jobs. Great stuff.

Archived