Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Short 6: Robert Griffin is Superman

Coolio47

You don't know how badly I'm waiting for the Skins and Giants to play. If the Skins win, the first thing I'm posting on Facebook is a request of an apology from Osi

I wonder if he'll actually sack up and apologize? Or at least acknowledge RGIII as a legit NFL QB?

I wonder if he'll actually sack up and apologize? Or at least acknowledge RGIII as a legit NFL QB?

He'll say that one win, one streak, hell one season doesn't prove that a guy's made it in the NFL, no matter who you're talking about. Or at least he should. Even if his original beef with the "RG3" nickname was stupid.

He'll say that one win, one streak, hell one season doesn't prove that a guy's made it in the NFL, no matter who you're talking about. Or at least he should. Even if his original beef with the "RG3" nickname was stupid.

That's true. But you don't generally win games in the NFL by accident.

How many games/wins/seasons do you think RGIII needs to prove that he belongs?

That's true. But you don't generally win games in the NFL by accident.

How many games/wins/seasons do you think RGIII needs to prove that he belongs?

I think he already "belongs". With his work ethic and attitude, he could play in this league for over a decade, never sniff the probowl, and still have a job somewhere. He'd technically "belong".

Now, to prove he's elite, or even borderline? Two straight great (arguably top-10 as a young QB) seasons, I think, should convince most people if he stays healthy.

Again, none of this has anything to do with the stupid comment made about the "RG3" nickname.

I think he already "belongs". With his work ethic and attitude, he could play in this league for over a decade, never sniff the probowl, and still have a job somewhere. He'd technically "belong".

Now, to prove he's elite, or even borderline? Two straight great (arguably top-10 as a young QB) seasons, I think, should convince most people if he stays healthy.

Again, none of this has anything to do with the stupid comment made about the "RG3" nickname.

Osi Umenyiora -

“Who is this RG3 guy you guys keep talking about?’’ Umenyiora said. “You talking about Bob Griffin? You guys are giving him a cool nickname already and everything. When he does anything in the NFL we’re gonna call him RG3. Right now he’s Bob Griffin.’’

He didn't say anything about 'elite', though I agree with you on what RGIII needs to do to be called that. If he plays fairly well thru Week 6 and happens to do well against the Giants Week 7, I think it would be reasonable to expect Osi to say so and perhaps take back his silly comments.

Archived