Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tuesday 7/31: Training Camp Tweets

I might be gullible but I have not given up hope that Lich is gonna come back and play good this year. I just see no reason to get to upset and worried yet about our O-Line until the season starts and they have been doing horrible in preseason. I guess for me it boils down to just trusting that Shanny knows what he is doing and can fix what needs fixing. I feel like sometimes people can jump to quick running around saying "the sky is falling the sky is falling" before we have a real good reason for doing so.

As for that horrible nickname please dear GOD do not let that stick that is a horrible nickname. Surely if your gonna try to give someone a great nickname you could do better than that especially if you make a living writing lyrics.

HTTR

Why couldn't good artists be Redskins fans? We have a lame ass rapper with a lame name giving out an even lamer name to our first star in decades? Get that dude the **** outta here!

Wale is far from lame. He has repped this city and this team as hard as can when nobody else would. Even when all of the local teams have been horrible (Skins, Nats and Wiz). He wears their jersies and apparrel in the national scene. So as far as I'm concerned he isn't the lame one.

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Darrel Young says he should be fine, no MRI yet, will try to practice today. Another source that would know, backed that statement up.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

DHall says "At the safety position, we have so much depth." Says Meriweather is most complete of all of them.

Hey anyone see this Jordan Black guy play? he any good

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Maurice Hurt on the state of the #Redskins' offensive line: "Fans should not be worried. We have enough capable guys."

I like what I've seen from Alfred Morris. While on the subject, the most impressive rookie (non-RGIII) so far has been CB Richard Crawford.

this one was awhile ago

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork

.@RGIII comparable to Vick, according to @Redskins LB: http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/07/31/london-fletcher-rg3-comparable-to-cam-newton-michael-vick/?campaign=Twitter_blogs_patra

Why couldn't good artists be Redskins fans? We have a lame ass rapper with a lame name giving out an even lamer name to our first star in decades? Get that dude the **** outta here!

Who do you consider to be a good artist?

Met Wale before....didn't seem to be a lame guy.

Im an artist, and Im a Fan:) is this ok? Just two pieces I just finished for a local bar and I did them for free which is ridiculous. The quality of the pictures suck, and you really can't see how the pieces were painted. Hopefully the guy who took pictures with a professional camera actually send them to me.

Its ok art is pretty ridiculous its just what you like or call art. Even the sucky artist can be a redskins fan

548980_10151935499665705_1638356440_n.jpg

578639_10151935506990705_1222399219_n.jpg

599768_10151935394425705_1214540216_n.jpg

I'm a fan of Richard Crawford. His college reel was pretty impressive. Seems very quick and has ball skills. I think he has a shot to make the team and then who knows. The barrier to nickel back duties isn't that high.

I might be gullible but I have not given up hope that Lich is gonna come back and play good this year.

Yeah I agree. I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say we're down 2 starting linemen when, by all indications, Lich's ACL/MCL are fine and the scope was just a minor, unrelated thing. He's gonna be back by week 1, or by week 2 at the latest. I'm much less confident about Brown returning, but it's not like he was a pro-bowler out there for us. It's just way too early to know what the O-line situation really is.

Im an artist, and Im a Fan:) is this ok? Just two pieces I just finished for a local bar and I did them for free which is ridiculous.

LAME!!!! /sarcasm

That's actually really cool work you did. There are some talented posters on this board. Good job!

Lol wale is not lame. His lyrical content is actually pretty good and he reps the DMV and the sports teams hard. He has been on first take debating with skip over the redskins i mean he is die hard

Yeah I agree. I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say we're down 2 starting linemen when, by all indications, Lich's ACL/MCL are fine and the scope was just a minor, unrelated thing. He's gonna be back by week 1, or by week 2 at the latest. I'm much less confident about Brown returning, but it's not like he was a pro-bowler out there for us. It's just way too early to know what the O-line situation really is.

The problem is the media! They go overboard with a lot of things. I had to turn off ESPN980 this morning.

Im an artist, and Im a Fan:) is this ok? Just two pieces I just finished for a local bar and I did them for free which is ridiculous. The quality of the pictures suck, and you really can't see how the pieces were painted. Hopefully the guy who took pictures with a professional camera actually send them to me.

No sir. You are a TRUE artist. I was talking about these famous-cookie cutter-generic artists. I guess I'm just more of an underground/old school real hip-hop kinda guy. :)

Btw, very cool work!

So you think a guy who hasn't played a snap since LAST OCT. and missed all of preseason and ota's, is just magically gonna walk on the field week 1, and be ready to go in game shape??

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 Jordan Black the new #Redskins OT says he is under weight, because he was going back to being a "normal" person - but can bulk up.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:14 PM ----------

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell

How close was new #Redskins OL Jordan Black to retiring? On Monday he had an appt w/ a real estate broker about opening some gym franchises

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

#Redskins in 2011 were Ranked #1 in the league in defensive performance when putting pressure on (cont) http://tl.gd/ik4103

Some good stuff from rookie CB Richard Crawford after practice. He has a couple INTs in camp. Says ball skills come from playing WR in HS

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Had nice chat w/ Alfred Morris (@Trey_Deuces). Good stuff on full-field reads in pass-pro in #NFL compared to half field reads in college.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

DHall says he is not going to lobby for blitzes, says he doesn't care about sacks. About @Rich_Crawford6 "I like him alot." #Redskins

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

DHall says he's impressed w rookie Richard Crawford, who has two INTs in camp.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Hall says he hasn't had a sack in his career, but will embrace whatever helps the team. "I'm gonna go out there and do what I have to do."

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:15 PM ----------

I'm not expecting to seeDarrel Young on the practice field today/tomorrow. Dorson Boyce, undrafted out of U.Wash, will get increased reps.

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Hall says he doesn't feel like he has to "make up for last year," but does want to take advantage of more opportunities in 2012. #skinscamp

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

DHall says its not super important to get jam in slot, says nice to have sideli as LCB, but u are around a lot of guys in slot. Chances

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Hall has taken snaps inside in nickel packages during training camp and the offseason workouts. #skinscamp

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:17 PM ----------

And my favorite from Joe Theismann....

Joe Theismann ‏@Theismann7

Enough of the Jets training camp. Find someone else to talk about . There r only 31 others. Sanchez starter Tebow wildcatter . Case closed.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

1.Alex Gibbs,Gary Kubiak, and last but not least Mike Shanahan all have said by "It takes 3 years to get the zone run game down pat"

DeAngelo Hall said the #Redskins DB's have been watching Tampa Bay's past film to incorporate new wrinkles into their secondary. #Redskins

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:20 PM ----------

DeAngelo Hall says he talked to Carlos Rogers about Madieu Williams over the past few weeks. Picked Rogers' brain on WSH's new free safety.

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

2.Rex Grossman could not move so you saw more of a drop back pass game. This made his spot easier to find for pass rushers.

DeAngelo Hall says Brandon Meriweather has gotten to more footballs than anybody else in the #Redskins secondary so far during camp.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:21 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

3. Key to Griff staying clean is going to be how well the Redskins run the football. Shanahans (cont) http://tl.gd/ik4eb8

So you think a guy who hasn't played a snap since LAST OCT. and missed all of preseason and ota's, is just magically gonna walk on the field week 1, and be ready to go in game shape??

Well I'm not sure how you read THAT into what I said. Let's not be so binary about this. When Lich was active he played well. If he comes back, and he's not injured, he'll probably still be better than anyone else coming off the bench behind him. And the season, thankfully, extends beyond week 1. So, again, if he stays healthy, it'll be a GOOD thing to have him back. He'll be "ready to go in game shape" sooner than you think.

4. check out how Skins Ranked #10 in run game and #15 in pass pro here http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

D.Hall on the #Redskins' secondary: "We might look bad on paper but you have to go out there and play.. We're going to make a lot of plays."

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:26 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

5. Last 5 games of 2011 the Redskins with the "OMG sorry oline" gave up 8 sacks. (cont) http://tl.gd/ik4g4j

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

6. Go back and look how Mike Shanahan made that OL look with a mobile franchise qb. At the time a (cont) http://tl.gd/ik4gq0

Hall: "I'm probably not a great corner but I feel like I'm a great football player. The slot gives me a chance to be a football player."

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:30 PM ----------

And random Olympic tweet ftw

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter

US wins Olympic gold medal in women's team gymnastics, second ever and FIRST since 1996. #Olympics

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

For those asking: #Redskins released Goff outright. As a veteran, not subject to waivers. Team won't keep rights because on one-year deal.

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins won't have anything to do with Goff's recovery and rehabilitation. He'll have treatment paid for through NFLPA insurance.

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

7.Skins going into year 3 of this run game and offense.. when is the last time we have been able to say that?

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

8.Kory and Jamal missed a lot of games. People always say OL is about familiarity and I would say the OL is adjusted to no kory and jamal.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

9. Jamal Brown really? no offense but he has not been physically able to play at a high level since he got here.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

Is our OL situation ideal ? no still work to be done. Can our OL keep our qb clean and help us win (cont) http://tl.gd/ik4kem

@LL_HTTR247 You're serving the Kool Aid in bulk today! lol

I know DHall catches a lot of heat, but I absolutely love how up front and honest he is about his game. Wish more players were like that.

Corners are made to be hated. Very few are so good that they are championed. Most would be happy if you never heard their name in a game. And then there are those that have given up big plays and are seemingly hated by a large number of their teams' fans. Personally I like D Hall. He's vocal, but he always comes off as someone who cares. He's passionate and intense. I like that.

I think Morris will get the best out of him. Let him roam in different spots and be a playmaker.

1) Too much tweeting from Hall. Not that I think it affects his play on the field, I'd just like to hear from other players.

2) Funny how Hall asks Rogers about Williams. If I were Rogers, I'd tell him to jump in a lake. Ask him yourself. These guys are too buddy-buddy nowadays. When Calvin Hill came from the Cowboys to the Redskins, do you think Larry Brown called up Tony Dorsett to ask him about Hill? Dorsett would tell him to go **** himself.

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

crazy when you really think about that RT @dshif @LL_HTTR247 Actually, Kyle is the longest tenured offensive coordinator in the Snyder Era

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

1) Too much tweeting from Hall. Not that I think it affects his play on the field, I'd just like to hear from other players.

2) Funny how Hall asks Rogers about Williams. If I were Rogers, I'd tell him to jump in a lake. Ask him yourself. These guys are too buddy-buddy nowadays. When Calvin Hill came from the Cowboys to the Redskins, do you think Larry Brown called up Tony Dorsett to ask him about Hill? Dorsett would tell him to go **** himself.

1. Dhall is not tweeting. He had a press conference and the beat reporters are tweeting his quotes.

2. Football is a business. Just because a friend is on another team, doesn't mean he's no longer your friend.

Archived