Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Classic Photos of the Washington Redskins

SB17

If only that Monk catch had been a touchdown! I assume thats the touchdown that never was in SB 26

Sucks, huh.

Actually it WAS a touchdown; when you see the replay of that SB, they show a still photo of Mok's foot out of bounds, but if you played it slowly you would see his heel came down in bounds.

Maybe the refs say a complete foot must be in bounds to be good.

Oh, and lets not forget Green's rib-grasping run against daBears in the playoffs. I saw a photo of that long ago and wanted it, but never got it...

Sucks, huh.

Actually it WAS a touchdown; when you see the replay of that SB, they show a still photo of Mok's foot out of bounds, but if you played it slowly you would see his heel came down in bounds.

Maybe the refs say a complete foot must be in bounds to be good.

Definitely painful to see one of the greatest Redskins of all time not get a SB TD, especially when he seemed sooo close. I remember the play, (at 9 yrs old) but couldn't tell you that is was for sure a TD... now my mom would swear on her life it was!!!

Definitely painful to see one of the greatest Redskins of all time not get a SB TD, especially when he seemed sooo close. I remember the play, (at 9 yrs old) but couldn't tell you that is was for sure a TD... now my mom would swear on her life it was!!!

Nice problems to have huh? I wish one of our three Super Bowl wins would have featured a touchdown by a specific player. :ols: I agree, it would have been a nice ending to his career for sure! Now, the bad stuff...I think they got the call right.

It wasn't a TD. They unfortunately made the correct call. Part of his foot was out of bounds. Not one part of your foot can be out of bounds.

I found this article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/in-the-nfl-a-toe-is-a-foot-but-a-heel-isnt/

"players drag toes without every getting the rest of the foot in bounds. So when Saints tight end Jimmy Graham planted his right heel into the end zone on Sunday, before the toe of his right foot landed out of bounds, it seemed only fair treat the heel the same way the foot would be treated.

Apparently, the NFL endorses heel discrimination.

The NFL has confirmed via email that the official rule book merely says that a player must get two feet in bounds, with no elaboration or explanation regarding the ability of a player to make a catch while only ever getting a toe or the top of the foot down. But the league interprets the rule to mean that a toe is a foot, as long as the toe is dragged. If in the act of dragging the toe the foot comes down and any portion of it is out of bounds, a catch was not made.

For that same reason, if the heel strikes the ground and in the normal process of taking a step the front of the foot lands out of bounds, a catch has not been made."

It sucks, but what was worse, was flubbing the hold on the FG on the next play. But Kelly gave it right back to us. I wish Monk could have scored, but hey, he has 3 rings and we won the game.

From the department of redundancy department comes this in the caption to pic #20:

This cover refers to the self-imposed gag order that Theismann imposed on himself as rumors swirled regarding him having marital problems and dating a Hollywood personality.

My favorite?

(If nothing else, I think Butz' helmet should be in the Hall of Fame.)

Ill admit i have selective memory when it comes to my team but may god strike me dead if John Madden himself didnt make it a point to bring attention to Dave Butz' style of play/helmet every chance he got.

I soooo miss those days.

I see a different, dominating style coming to D.C., but those hard nose skins will forever live in my heart.

Its a different NFL, and we're about to see a different brand of football.

All that matters if we win.

Lets be patient and support our new brand!

Win, RG3, WIN!!!!!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. It was a smart-aleck response, and insensitve. I removed it. If you and Punch it in will edit your posts, the offending comment will disappear.

---------- Post added July-19th-2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

Your'e right. See above.

ok - will do

Archived