Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This stat about Shanny/Allen personnel decisions may surprise you.

SkinsGuru

Courtesy of Dan Graziano/ESPN... Since the duo took over prior to the 2010 season, the Redskins have cut 150 players, and only one of those players -- San Francisco's Carlos Rogers -- is currently starting for another team.

And that guy wanted out regardless.

There were flops like the McNabb acquisition, but for the most part their personnel choices have certainly been vindicated.

Thread title needs editing per the rules.

Certainly surprising to say the least. I don't know that this makes their personnel choices vindicated. That means that they've been cutting a lot of guys they brought in. They certainly didn't start with half that many.

Shows you the trash that Gibbs worked with along with the horrible short-term moves he and Vinny made in their years here

I'm not sure that shows anything about the players Gibbs worked with, other than they may have been older than desired...Quality players who were 28 years old in 2005 were 33 when Shanahan took over. Even if they 're still in the league they're most likely not gonna be starters. I think it DOES show how bad Vinny's short reign was, though..

Thought Ryan Clark started for the Steelers.

Clark hasn't played with the Skins since 2005. They're talking about players Shanallen cut since 2010.

They have to be including all the camp fodder they signed and then cut. Also, think of how many players go through the practice squad in a given year. This stat has to be pretty close to average for a team whose regime is going into the 3rd year.

Yeah, it's not like the Haynesworth and McNabb situations blew up in our face...Well i mean they did, but they didn't go to their next team and show dominance like it was our fault. Carter and Rogers played well though, but I think Rogers had a lucky year...He'll be back to dropping sure picks in no time

Wasn't Carlos a FA?

What about Andre Carter?

Rocky M will probably start for the rams.

Macnugget and JC started after departing.

Is Laron gonna start for the jets?

The quote was "Is currently starting" not "has started" for another team. Laron will most likely start (until he gets hurt) for New York and Rocky might have a shot at starting in St. Louis. As of now I'd say it's more accurate to assume Rogers/Landry are "current starters" for other teams.

Andre Carter probably will start for New England whenever he gets healthy too.

This really doesn't have anything to do with Gibbs other than he had a veteran team that Vinny failed to reload. It says more about the trash Zorn was attempting to work with.

Wasn't Carlos a FA?

What about Andre Carter?

Rocky M will probably start for the rams.

Macnugget and JC started after departing.

Is Laron gonna start for the jets?

This list actually makes the point even more valid. :ols:

With the exception of Andre Carter, all those guys, if they do start, will not provide much in terms of quality play. Andre Carter was the exception because he simply didn't fit in our scheme to no fault of his own and we all parted on good terms. We could've held on to him and forced a trade or forced him to stay on the team if we didn't get anything for him... we didn't do that to him.

Perry Riley has far more upside and has already played better than Mcintosh in our defense. As for the QBs, Jason Campbell wanted gone after we traded for McNabb, it wasn't the other way around. We would've been willing to keep him as a backup. So we traded him for a fair price. McNabb was a bum that still has the physical tools to play well... he just wants to do things his way and only his way. We thought we could get him to buy in but that was wrong, oh well.

And Carlos Rogers doesn't deserve any love after we found out that our FO (even under Vinny) told him numerous times to get his eyes fixed and he didn't do it until he went to the 49ers. He simply wasn't a Redskin, period. No fault of the FO there.

---------- Post added June-16th-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

What would be more interesting is how many players from the Zorn/Cerrato years we still have on the roster.

I think it's 7:

Orakpo

Fletcher

Doughty

Alexander

Cooley

Davis

Moss

When did Banks come in?

Add Armstrong, Golston, Barnes and Hall to that list and I think that's it. What this FO has done has been nothing short of impressive, I don't care what the record says.

Add Armstrong, Golston, Barnes and Hall to that list and I think that's it. What this FO has done has been nothing short of impressive, I don't care what the record says.

Add Will Montgomery, too...and if you want to stretch it a bit, add Darrel Young lol.

And I wholeheartedly agree, the transformation of the Skins roster under Shanahan and Allen has definitely been impressive.

Man, a lot of people are trying to be real asses in this thread.

Instead of recognizing that Shanahan really trimmed the fat with a 98% (!) success rate, people have to (incorrectly) go and try and find mistakes.

Bet you're all pissed with that single cloud in the sky on this gorgeous day. :rolleyes:

The qualifiers for his statement are:

have to have been cut by Shanahan/Allen

not currently a starter on an NFL team

Carlos Rogers was a FA, so he doesn't actually qualify

Rocky Mc and Laron we don't even know if they'll be starters right now. If they do end up so, 2 out of 150 is still good.

Carter is not starting right now, his health is still up in the air.

This doesn't have a lot to do with Gibbs. He retired 5 years ago and ran a different offense and defense than what we have now, so most of the players were going to be older or not right for the new system.

Man, a lot of people are trying to be real asses in this thread.

Instead of recognizing that Shanahan really trimmed the fat with a 98% (!) success rate, people have to (incorrectly) go and try and find mistakes.

Bet you're all pissed with that single cloud in the sky on this gorgeous day. :rolleyes:

For me, it's more a matter of accuracy, regardless of the overall point. Because that point is not diminished one iota by presenting the actual stats, so no need to fudge them even slightly.

Carlos Rogers was a FA, so he doesn't actually qualify

Rocky Mc and Laron we don't even know if they'll be starters right now. If they do end up so, 2 out of 150 is still good.

Rocky and Laron were both FAs this offseason, so they're in the same category as Carlos. They weren't cut, just not re-signed.

Archived