Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: DeAngelo Hall plans to talk less, play more in 2012

themurf

I blame Haslett for that 3rd and 21, not DHall. It was one of the worst play calls last season.

Unless it works. Then it's the best call for Haz being "gutsy" enough to call it again.

I happen to like Hall. He's flawed but so is every player. We as fans just tend to harp on the negatives because we've been a losing franchise. Get him some safety help and he can be a productive player for us. That 3rd and 21 has nothing to do with "not being able to cover the big guys." On broken plays wide receivers have the advantage. No one can cover a decent receiver for 6+ seconds. That play was on the coach for making the call and the front seven for not getting to the QB in time. Hall did his part by covering Bryant's initial route. It would have been great if he could have managed to cover him even longer but its not a realistic expectation.

And the Cowboys had already forced themselves out of their kickers range with a dumbass penalty. If we force an incompletion there, or even if they just complete a short pass, we get the ball back. We could've easily rushed five and dropped six. We sacked Romo sits to pee four times in that game, we were generating pressure.

The best coordinators play to their teams strengths and put them in positions to succeed. Haz had the perfect chance to rectify himself for the first dumbass call in the exact same situation and the only thing he changed was dropping one more dude into man coverage.

I agree 100%. No reason to put DHall in a position like that. We had done very well on defense the entire game and the risk/reward was too high to gamble. Play our game. Even if I were willing to give a pass on the first attempt, ok, but do it again, literally the exact same thing vs same team in same scenario etc is beyong ridiculous. It channels Zorn's fake punt disaster against the Giants though not nearly as funny in highsight.

Don't get me wrong, I DHall, despite me ragging on him. He's not as good as he thinks he is. I guess I was spoiled by that other cornerback we used to have.....

Most players aren't as good as they think they are. A healthy amount of confidence is important for a professional athlete. In football, there are certain positions where that seems even more true, like WR and CB.

He should be able to play more and talk more.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 05:21 PM ----------

Don't get me wrong, I DHall, despite me ragging on him. He's not as good as he thinks he is. I guess I was spoiled by that other cornerback we used to have.....

Darrell Green? Champ Bailey? Leigh Torrence?

I've always waffled on my opinions on DHall. He's been infuriating at times, but the Chicago game was such a fun moment of an otherwise bleh year. What I take away from this article though, is that I'm continually excited to see what Raheem will bring to the table. If he can make strides in the secondary?!??!!?! Watch out. We're gonna' be scary good on D.

Nice write up, murf!

I've always waffled on my opinions on DHall. He's been infuriating at times, but the Chicago game was such a fun moment of an otherwise bleh year. What I take away from this article though, is that I'm continually excited to see what Raheem will bring to the table. If he can make strides in the secondary?!??!!?! Watch out. We're gonna' be scary good on D.

Nice write up, murf!

Im with you. He can be great and he can piss you off.

But you nailed it, Im excited to see what Morris can do with an overhauled secondary. I watched all the coaches interviews on redskins.com and it just seems like there is a lot of excitement from all of them. When the coaches are excited, Im encouraged.

Cant wait for pre-season.

I also think Halls contract makes this a pivotal year for him.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I think Shanny would've gotten rid of DHall if he could have. His contract has made him tough to move. I have never been a big fan of his, but I will say that I was impressed by his improved willingness to tackle last year. Onward and upward Deangelo. Make me a believer.

I like Hall. He is one of the few that seems to despise losing, which I like to see for those days when we get trounced. He stands up to anyone and is fearless. He hits hard yet is not whiffing like Landry. If you see a guy starting a fight in the opposition bench, rest assured Hall is right in the middle of it. He is scrappy and a good tackler.

Anyone that blames Hall for 3 and 22 on a mega blitz, re-think it. The blitz failed. The play call did not work. I imagine that by that time, teams were well aware we when showed the 11 man front, it was never a bluff. I think even most fans figured it out. We all hate the prevent - it has failed us plenty too. Sometimes we just can't win.

Archived