Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time Magazine- How to Die

Koolblue13

I'm not a subscriber, but this is very interesting and already making some waves.

The phone call came on a cloudy morning in Iowa. I was interviewing Senator Chuck Grassley in his farm kitchen, surrounded by a sea of corn. Mom was back in the hospital again. She had pneumonia. She wasn't eating. "If we don't put in a feeding tube," my mother's internist told me, "she won't survive on her own."

Mom had always been vehement about how she wanted to go. "Just pull the plug. Let me die," she would say, with more than a hint of melodrama. "I don't want to be a vegetable." But was she a vegetable now?

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2116137,00.html#ixzz1xE4hMZXD

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

(NaturalNews) TIME Magazine is peddling a death agenda propaganda piece with a new issue that features these words on the cover: "HOW TO DIE."

Inside, the magazine promotes a cost-saving death agenda that encourages readers to literally "pull the feeding tubes" from their dying elderly parents, causing them to dehydrate and die. This is explained as a new cost-saving measure that drastically reduces return hospital visits by the elderly... yeah, because dead people don't return to the hospital, of course.

Watch my full commentary on this special death panel issue of TIME Magazine at:

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=53166F436FD2309EC97C414D01F7AB39

Or on YouTube at:

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036100_death_panels_elderly_TIME_Magazine.html#ixzz1xE5QOLUS

http://www.naturalnews.com/036100_death_panels_elderly_TIME_Magazine.html

That's the link that brought it to my attention.

http://thelifewelllived.blogspot.com/2012/04/fear-of-intervention-in-end-of-life.html and

http://thelifewelllived.blogspot.com/2011/06/life-and-death-from-whence-did-phrase.html

Sorry, as somebody with MS and a parent who has faced the possibility of losing a child, I have spent a lot of time thinking about death over the last few years. You clearly don't know much about cancer treatments or many other serious health conditions from your comments on mastectomies.

Have you even watched an elderly person die?

I still remember my grandma's plea to my dad, "Please don't make me cry. Please." If you think us pulling the breathing tube after giving her morphine (as she requested both in an advanced directive and in talk during her last lucid moments) is murder, all I can say...well I don't want to get kicked from the board for this crap.

I told my dad I would only be his medical power of attorney if he had a living will. Having watched your video, you couldn't come across as more insensitive to anyone who has actually gone through it.

Heaven forbid, it actually be ACCOUNTABLE for money and people going through it. I'm sorry you think they should continue to pay in money and SUFFERING to avoid harming your sensibilities. "Harming mom and dad" is all you see in this?

SHAME ON YOU comparing compassionate healthcare and end of life care to Hitler's death camps. I don't know whether to wish you more info which you would probably only get and absorb by suffering or hope you never have to suffer the learning process. I have a hard time wishing that sort of pain on even the most insensitive.

Killing people for cost savings is all you get out of this? Sad.

Some of us actually have to live because people like you won't think about this with any sort of empathy for the pain of others, both the patients and their families left with the hard choices and life rebuilds...

BTW, death through lack of nutrition/water is actually moderate on the ways I could go. I've talked with my wife (nurse) who refuses to overdose me as I would like, but she assures me she could make sure I wasn't aware until I died from lack of water. Yes, I would die from dehydration before starvation, and generally, there is a sense of calm from this approach.

I barely wrote a single part of that and couldn't watch the video, because of my internet connection. I don't agree with the views expressed in the second (non time) article either, just what I found that guided me to it.

Personally, my only experience was watching my mother respond to the question "would you like to go into hospice or go home and die tonight?". She went home and almost made it a week to her birthday.

My response was to the second link. I thought that was your video response, the tv.naturalnews.com link with the "health ranger." I thought from your post it was you in the video. I didn't even watch the other links because I thought they were more of the same, and I barely avoided a banable response to the first one.

The links I posted were just a couple of my thoughts through the last few years on the subject.

Bang, I agree wholeheartedly on the living will issue. I would also suggest going over it with your doctors. Sadly, there was a provision in the healthcare law allowing doctors to get paid for end of life talks so patients could make informed decisions (heaven forbid), but it was dropped after the Republican ads on "death panels." Ironically, it was a provision suggested by a Republican. I still think it is a shame the Dems caved rather than educated on that point. I feel about that the way I feel about Clinton caving on needle exchange programs. Watching the video makes me think the "Health ranger" was the target for all the death panel ads because he certain believes them.

Everyone should have a living will. Handle these questions yourself so no one has to question your desires.

Problem solved.

~Bang

yes they should ,as well as informing family and physicians

lotta problems still remain though,we risk torturing a person to salve our own conscience

I hope I go out like my father,rather than my mother

It's a decision I hope I never have to make. Seen both ways in my day. Especially in my time as a medic. Men and women who had come to that time and had expressed their wishes very clearly and we,(along with the family),did our best to make sure those final days were as comfortable as possible. Which sometimes,wasn't all that much and for a prolonged period of time. Some didn't. No will,whatever. And the families didn't sign a DNR or other things and held on to their loved one. I look back and I no longer really fault the families for that. Even after seeing what the effects of that prolonged life were. For the most part. It has to be a horrible decision to make. Among other things. I realize too,that sometimes the onus is on the ailing family member too. Sometimes,they don't want to die either and will do anything to fight it off. All that said,we have that issue of Time at the gym,and though it was a brief brush over by me,I don't think it said what the shock youtube jock said it did. Go figure.

We live in a culture where life is the highest value, we do anything and everything to put off the inevitable, we act like it isn't going to happen sooner or later, we treat "quality of life" discussions as evil because they may lead to a choice where we allow our loved ones to pass into death. I've had the honor to be with several good friends as they have passed into death and it was a time of sorrow yes, but also a recognition that their sickness is over.

My best friend growing up Rick, made me give a speech at his wedding even though I told him I didn't want to and hated public speaking, so I made him the one who has to decide if I end up on tubes or die. Sucka :ols:

I've discussed it with my family and he knows how I feel about the topic.

Archived