Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTA's - Open to media 5/31/12

c4man5282

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/latest-videos.html

Now has quite a few vids up of practice coverage, and some post practice pressers!

Wow, and looking at this vid. Trent looks way heavier than last year. Idk, maybe it's just me.

Check it out.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RP-Update-5-30/b977f2b9-a37c-4103-9d22-0f1111aed545

everytime i see a picture of trent not in the context of a play he always looks gigantic. there was a picture of him from last year i think kneeling in a cut off shirt and he looked like a giant blob.

haha I want what is best for the Redskins and hold no personal bias to any one player. I like how you take what i say and twist it around all the time.

that's not a battle bro, that's a war... and a lot of us have been fighting it for more than a year.

I heard from C. Russ that he didn't have much burst today?

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 08:49 PM ----------

FYI trent looks great I would say best shape he's been in. Def primed for a "redemption" year

Outstanding! Looking forward to your next write-up big guy. Keep working!

that's not a battle bro, that's a war... and a lot of us have been fighting it for more than a year.

I heard from C. Russ that he didn't have much burst today?

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 08:49 PM ----------

Outstanding! Looking forward to your next write-up big guy. Keep working!

Cooley looked really slow today, don't shoot one of the messengers.

Thought Cooley pulled his groan muscle.

Yeah he tweaked it but not enough to bother him once he stretched out... not sure if it was enough to slow him down but hes reduced speed was clearly visible(sorry).

I really don't like any quarterback saying he knows 70% of anything being just a rookie. Lets hope this is just media fodder and he understands that he has nowhere near the grasp of an NFL offense as the Brady's and Manning's.

I really don't like any quarterback saying he knows 70% of anything being just a rookie. Lets hope this is just media fodder and he understands that he has nowhere near the grasp of an NFL offense as the Brady's and Manning's.

Context is everything. He didn't come out and say that himself. He was asked specifically how much of the offense he knows and he first qualified the statement by saying he doesn't want to put a number on something like that. Go watch the interview or read the entire quote. :)

Why not? People can know something but not execute it. Hell, give me the playbook and let me sit in meetings. I'll know 100% by Training camp.

Will I be able to execute it? HELL NO.

Execution is where a rookie can fall short...and won't be near Brady or Manning. He simply stated he knows 70%. Didn't say he can execute with perfectioin 70%.

Context is everything. He didn't come out and say that himself. He was asked specifically how much of the offense he knows and he first qualified the statement by saying he doesn't want to put a number on something like that. Go watch the interview or read the entire quote. :)

therefore media fodder... aka Manning speak

This is what he actually said...

On what percentage of the playbook he feels comfortable with at this point:

“I don’t know what I can say. I think, at this point, we’ve put in about all of the offense in these six practices, so that’s a lot as a quarterback. I feel a lot more comfortable today, whereas I didn’t know anything before I got here. I think I know at least 60 to 70 percent of it pretty well, but you can’t operate at 60 to 70 percent. You’ve got to operate at 150 percent with your offense because not only do you have to know it, but you have to know what to do in certain situations. That’s still to come.”

Remember, RG3 graduated High School and completed his undergrad early and was well on his way to a Master's degree, so I have no reason to believe he doesn't have 70% of the playbook mentioned. Maybe not Brady's or Manning's offense, but he's also not being asked to do what Brady and Manning do. Manning runs his offense essentially from his head; he does everything - line calls, routes, checks. RG3 won't be asked to do that.

This is what he actually said...

On what percentage of the playbook he feels comfortable with at this point:

I don’t know what I can say. I think, at this point, we’ve put in about all of the offense in these six practices, so that’s a lot as a quarterback. I feel a lot more comfortable today, whereas I didn’t know anything before I got here. I think I know at least 60 to 70 percent of it pretty well, but you can’t operate at 60 to 70 percent. You’ve got to operate at 150 percent with your offense because not only do you have to know it, but you have to know what to do in certain situations.That’s still to come.”

I prefer the part I bolded the most. I always thought in his earlier interviews that he sometimes "gave" to much away. If i'm reading the bold part correctly it seems to me that a certain HC has had a conversation with the young man about the value of only giving away the bare minimum.

And to add to what others have already said, Thank you C4 as always for these threads.

Archived