Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS- Buccs Don't Want Kellen Winslow

Son of Gadsden

"On Monday morning, Winslow told Sirius XM NFL Radio that he won't play for the Buccaneers this season, saying the team doesn't want him any longer and desires to trade him. He said he believes that the Buccaneers are willing to part ways because he hasn't been participating in the team's voluntary workouts this offseason.

The trade market, though, might be tough for Winslow. He's been injured throughout much of his career, and he's coming off a 2011 season in which he scored only two touchdowns. If Winslow and the Buccaneers can't find a team to take him, it's probable the team will release him."

Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19112299/kellen-winslow-says-buccaneers-dont-want-him-will-try-to-find-trade

This has the Rams written all over it, I think. Would be a great target for Bradford.

Why do they always judge players on "touchdowns"? So, Jason Witten is a piece of crap because he had 90 receptions and 1000 yards, but only scored twice? Or when Cooley was hauling down 75 passes and 700 yards a year, he sucked because he wasn't in the endzone 16 times? Tightends usually score the least amount of TDs of any of the offensive players on most offenses. You do have exceptions like Gonzalez in KC and Atlanta and anyone in New England.

I'm trying to think of where he could wind up - STL is an option, although I know they are high on Lance Kendricks. NYG maybe?

I doubt it. The asking price will probably be relatively high - I'm thinking 3rd rounder minimum. If we weren't already turning Paul into a TE, I would want us to be all over that. StL, Denver (their best TEs are Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen), maybe Cleveland (Watson is getting old).

I doubt it. The asking price will probably be relatively high - I'm thinking 3rd rounder minimum. If we weren't already turning Paul into a TE, I would want us to be all over that. StL, Denver (their best TEs are Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen), maybe Cleveland (Watson is getting old).

I highly doubt he gets traded. I could be wrong, but the way he ran his mouth on Sirius NFL this morning, they have no leverage. They want him out for some reason, and I think it's likely they release him unless someone gets antsy.

He hasn't missed a single game in three years in Tampa according to his game log. Also has had at least one reception in every game his entire time there. Since 2005 when he missed the entire season he's only missed games in 2008, otherwise he's been a 16 game a season player twice for the Browns (2006, 2007) and 3 times for the Bucs (2009, 2010, 2011).

I think 2cents is right, I think his personality is the problem not his health.

He hasn't missed a single game in three years in Tampa according to his game log. Also has had at least one reception in every game his entire time there. Since 2005 when he missed the entire season he's only missed games in 2008, otherwise he's been a 16 game a season player twice for the Browns (2006, 2007) and 3 times for the Bucs (2009, 2010, 2011).

I think 2cents is right, I think his personality is the problem not his health.

I won't lie, he sounded like a douchebag on Sirius this morning.

I just took it as he was pissed about getting kicked to the curb though.

I don't know how much of it is his attitude, but his contract, after all the Bucs made him the highest paid TE in NFL three years ago, and probably backloaded the contract and now don't want to pay the remaining years he has left on his deal.

Archived