Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk Jersey Collection, memorabilia and Wire Photo Gallery UPDATED

jollyroger29

Less pics more memorabilia.

Anyone can collect pics.

I am just trying to keep things organized to some degree. I assume that anyone can collect memorabilia as well. I didn't want to just take pictures of the stuff laying around my house without some history in photographs. I am a big photograph person and so all of the original wire photos that I have from The Sporting News are a part of my collection that I love. It's not like I just went on the internet and found these pictures. 99% of these pictures I have the original wire photos with all the captions and markings on the back. That being said, I don't think that just anybody can "collect photos" as you were saying. I hope that this better explains why I am including such a large photo section in this thread.

Great Videos!! Boy it sure does make you feel good to sit and watch the old footage of Art Monk hauling in those passes against the Bears. I wish that the clock could be turned back so that it would be possible to see Monk and all those guys playing in person one more time.

Two pics that made me smile were the last TD as a Skins pic and the Posse poster pic.

I had never seen the last TD pic before. Great shot of a notable reception.

I've seen The Posse poster pic online before. In fact I used it as a sig pic for a while years ago however I don't believe I've ever seen the two "cowboys" tied up in the lower right corner before. That's great.

Great Videos!! Boy it sure does make you feel good to sit and watch the old footage of Art Monk hauling in those passes against the Bears. I wish that the clock could be turned back so that it would be possible to see Monk and all those guys playing in person one more time.

At the same time, it's a blessing you had that opportunity in the first place!:) I know we got lots of young Redskins fans that would love to experience how you (and others) felt during those winning years; it's an incredible feeling.

This is an amazing thread from many perspectives, thank you! To the kids, hopefully the Redskins of the near future will provide you with something to be proud of for a lifetime. HTTR!

Do they still sell the Posse posters? I'd love to have a poster of that in color to add to my Redskin room. As soon as we get the room in order, I'll try and post pictures. It's a Redskins/sports room. We just moved into the house 3 months ago and we're trying to finish getting settled in.

Do they still sell the Posse posters? I'd love to have a poster of that in color to add to my Redskin room. As soon as we get the room in order, I'll try and post pictures. It's a Redskins/sports room. We just moved into the house 3 months ago and we're trying to finish getting settled in.

Every once in a while you see one come up on ebay. There is a 5x7 version of the poster right now for sale on ebay for $9.99. I don't know if you could get that one and have it blown up to poster size at a photo shop, but I imagine that you could at leats have it made into 16x20 to frame and display. I don't know if you would run into any copyright issues, since they don't make them any more, but you could check it out. The auction number is 310393764081.

---------- Post added April-16th-2012 at 07:29 PM ----------

Where are the HOF pics? Hell, I'm surprised you don't have his HOF yellow jacket or his actual HOF head statue! I'm guessing they're on your list of things to acquire

Unfortunately, I don't have any original wire photos of the Hall Ceremonies. I wish that I did. I didn't just want to paste and copy HOF pics from the internet for the thread. If you know how I could get the yellow jacket or the bust (legally) just let me know!!! LOL :)

I have had a couple requests to post more pictures of memorabilia, so I will continue to post items as I get a chance to. Tonight I am focusing on non-authentic jerseys, and tee shirts. The first jersey is a Sand Knit retail jersey. Notice that the font on this is exactly the same as the 1990 authentic. This is because they were both manufactured at the same factory. They probably used the same screens to print both of them, the only difference being the material that they are printed on. I have put the two side by side and they are the same size and font.

Posse Tee Shirt. Notice that these were made by Gary Clark Enterprises. Clark obviously was cashing in on the marketability of the Posse. Shirt is pre SBXXII as the banners in the background are only for XVII. I assume that these were made during the 1987 Season...maybe Clark went into making tee shirts while the players were on strike!!

Art Monk collage that I purchased on ebay. The collage features the print 820 which is of Monk's 820th catch aginst the Broncos on October 12, 1992. The bottom right originally had a reprint of an asian collector card, but I replaced it with an Art Monk game used jersey card.

Archived