Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk Jersey Collection, memorabilia and Wire Photo Gallery UPDATED

jollyroger29

Ok, Ok...this isn't a Monk jersey but it is a Joe Jacoby game jersey that was modified to be used afterwards as a practice jersey. Some of the stitches from where the nameplate was are still visable but the signatures are where the plate would be. The shoulders have a ton of team repairs as this jersey saw lots of action. I wanted to post this picture because of all the autographs on it. The Art Monk autograph is top and center. The main thing that I love about this jersey is that the entire "Posse" have signed the jersey. Note that the Gary Clark signature is his entire name. His signature now almost looks like GK4. Another curious thing is that Jacoby's signature is absent from his own jersey...I forgot to ask him to sign it :)

Art Monk autographed mini helmet that I customized the facemask to look like the OPO-SW facemask that Monk wore. Technically this one is a ZB2 made by Riddell after I modified it as the OPO-SW was manufactured by Schutt. Schutt mini helmets hace metal facemasks so I couldn't cut off and file down an actual OPO facemask.

Art Monk customized Bobblehead. This was originally a Peerless Price bobblehead that is custom painted. I really like this as it looks more like Monk than any bobblehead that I have ever seen. The SAM bobbleheads from the 90's don't even look as much like Monk as this one does!!

1994 75th Anniversary NFL authentic football that has been hand painted to commemorate Monk's 178th consecutive games with a reception, breaking Steve Largent's record. This record was set at the Meadowlands vs the Lions in December of 1994. the cleats that I pictured above were last worn the week before this game at Foxboro Stadium vs the Patriots. this is one of just a few of these balls that was signed by Art Monk and Boomer Esiason. Most of the balls in this series were only signed by Monk.

I will post more at a later time, but I think that this is enough to get started!!!

---------- Post added April-14th-2012 at 05:12 AM ----------

So who's your favorite Redskin?

Barry Wilburn!! :) LOL

---------- Post added April-14th-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

So who's your favorite Redskin?

Barry Wilburn?!!! :) LOL

The following is a Gallery of Wire Photos that I acquired from the old Sporting News vault. I have also found wire photo here and there that I have bought to add to the collection. The color photos aren't original wire photos. I will try to put the pictures as lose to chronologic order as I can, but some of them may have accidentally gotten out of order. Please refer to these pictures and look back at the pictures of the photos of the jerseys to see the font differences.

1981 Team Photo

1986 photo. This game was on August 15th and was the first time that I ever got to go to RFK for a football game. My dad did research at the Naval Labs in Anacostia in the summers and he stopped by the box office on his way home to see if they had any tickets for the game. When he got to the window, the person working there had jst gotten off the phone with someone who had just cancelled their tickets and so he bought them. The tickets ended up being in the front row of the end zone in Section 122! Talk about a kid in awe walking down to almost field level for his first game. The field looked so large and nothing like I had ever seen. Art Monk scored the first touchdown of the game and the Redskins ended up winning on a 51 yard field goal by Mark Moseley in the endzone that we were sitting in. I was surprised to find this photo as I didn't think that I would be able to find many photos of pre-season games. This photo is definitely special to me for the memories. I know that it was just a preseason game, but to a 10 year old kid it might as well have been the Super Bowl!!

Archived