Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk Jersey Collection, memorabilia and Wire Photo Gallery UPDATED

jollyroger29

Less pics more memorabilia.

Anyone can collect pics.

Really dude? He didn't just go online and copy images to his HD, these are authentic photos, the real deal not just images.

Try to find them yourself.

Damn internet kiddies just do not understand anymore.

jollyroger29,

You should certainly contact the team as well as Art himself about this. The most common way of getting in touch with Art is via his charitable foundation, the Good Samaritan Foundation.

However you also can try to reach him through Alliant Merchant Services, the company that he and Charles Mann started. His assistant (I think she's still there) is very sweet. Send me a PM and, presuming that you aren't a psychopath murderer, I will forward on her email address.

Monk and Mann share an office in tysons corner http://www.alliantms.com/Welcome.html. I believe they also have a foundation that they have established. Mann is a nice guy, Monk is sort of a prick. Good luck getting those things signed, it's going to cost you.

Thanks for the information. It is too bad to hear that you haven't had good experiences with Mr. Monk. I was under the impression that he was a nice guy and very personable. Since I don't know him personally, I was going on what I had heard. I sent an email to the contact at his website, but I haven't heard anything back. I saw the price list to get items signed and I realized that I couldn't spend more to get my cleats signed than what I paid for the cleats. I offered to make a donation if Mr. Monk would sign the cleats, but I am still waiting. I was hoping that he might work with me on this since the cleats have the history that they do. I even offered to sign paperwork stating that I would not sell the cleats, as I have no intentions of selling them. If I don't hear anything back I a just as happy to enjoy the cleats without the autograph.

Unfortunately it is true that Art is not good about signing autographs, and can be quite chippy with people who ask for them without a quid pro quo. That said, he is a nice guy and personable if you are fortunate enough to meet him.

However, with your large quantity of memorabilia as well as some unique pieces, your story is different from the average schmuck who asks Art for an autograph. Definitely stay on it.

Monk is a nice enough guy. He and Mann are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Mann has the personality of a politician, while Monk would rather be left alone. If you pony up some cash to his foundation, he would more than likely sign the cleats. Things have died down since the HOF maddness, so he might be more receptive.

Two pics that made me smile were the last TD as a Skins pic and the Posse poster pic.

I had never seen the last TD pic before. Great shot of a notable reception.

I've seen The Posse poster pic online before. In fact I used it as a sig pic for a while years ago however I don't believe I've ever seen the two "cowboys" tied up in the lower right corner before. That's great.

I forgot to reply to you the other day. Believe it or not, I found the picture of Art Monk's last TD as a Redskin on someone's old MySpace page that look like it had been abandoned for better social media. I think that they actually took the photo from the sideline so I don't think it was ever published. Definitely a great photo marking a great moment in Art Monk's career. I am glad that you enjoyed the thread. Thanks for the comments!

I posted a picture earlier in the thread of a ball painted to commemorate Art Monk's 178th Consecutive games with a reception. It has Art Monk's name painted in Jets colors. I didn't know that these existed, but I was able to purchase one that has his name in Redskins colors. I lucked out and got ball #92...the year that he caught reception # 820. I am sure that someone grabbed ball # 81 at the beginning so this one is probably the second numbered ball that I would have chosen anyway.

Part of the evolution of Monk Helmets from left to right. First is Monk's 1980-1981, 1983 Helmet. Middle is his 1985 Helmet and right is his 1986-1993 Helmet. I have not done his 1982 Helmet w/ curved feather and I haven't done his 1984 helmet with the XL OPO facemask on a VSR-1 helmet. The XL OPO facemasks are hard to find, but I finally found one. I just now need to find a vintage Redskins VSR-1 helmet. All of the helmets that I have are vintage so that they are accurate. I haven't made a Redskins helmet out of a blank helmet. Someday, I will have all five in a row, but for now I am good with three...and so is my wife :) :) :) !

I just added this helmet to my collection. I had never seen a helmet with the 940 Receptions inscription. Helmet is the 90's Proline authentic helmet. I am going to customize the helmet with an OPO-SW facemask as soon as I can fine a thin wire version to repaint. I will post pictures of the helmet once I customize the facemask.

I just had two custom figures made of Art Monk to represent both 1986 uniforms. There is a gentleman in England who makes custom figures of any player and any team made to order. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will give you his email.

Dang this is an awesome thread how did I miss this.

jollyroger29,

gameday shoes in the case pretty Awesome!!!

Glad you like it! I see that you are an ECU fan. Do you remember a receiver for them back in the early 90's named Dia Hicks? He and I used to work together and he is a good friend of mine. I am just curious to know if you remember him as he was a pretty good receiver for the Pirates back in the day.

Archived