Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk Jersey Collection, memorabilia and Wire Photo Gallery UPDATED

jollyroger29

I am not a big buyer of autographed items or pictures, but this picture was calling me. I loved the way that it was matted and it is a photograph of Monk in 1986 which was the first year that I got to see the Redskins play. I figured that I had to buy this photo because of both of the factors.

Thank you for sharing! This is great, historic stuff.

Hopefully Art doesn't re-up his restraining order against you! Just kidding.

If he did put one out, I would frame the signed restraining order as a one of a kind item!!! :) :) :) :) I think that it would be great to have a chance to sit down and visit with Mr. Monk and pick his brain. I think that he is not only a great football player, but someone that I admire for his professional life as well. I am sure that I could learn a lot from hm professionally!! If he has any openings working for him, I would take a position in a heartbeat!!!

HOF Tee and Hat back. Notice that the ststistic for consecutive games with a reception is wrong. He broke Largent's record of 177 consecutive games and went on to have 183 consecutive all total. The shirt says that he only had 164. You would think that the HOF could have at least gotten all of his stats correct for a tee shirt. :)

MY WISH LIST...The following pictures are all game used Art Monk items that have been up for sale at one time or another that I would love to add to my collection (as would just about everyone), but I have a feeling that my better half may object to the price tag. If anyone ever sees any Monk game used items up for sale, please let me know!!!

Game Used Helmet...back. Notice the adhesive residue where the NFL shield originally was and the 81 sticker has been placed. I used this picture as a reference to placing the sticker on the helmet that I customized. The sticker that I used on mine is actually one that was issued by the Redskins, but never used. I wanted to make sure to use the correct and authentic sticker. The font is interesting as Champion sold jerseys in the early 90's of Monk that had the same font as the helmet numbers and not the font that they used on the jerseys. I don't know why they would do this, but it must have just been a stock font.

Every once in a while you see one come up on ebay. There is a 5x7 version of the poster right now for sale on ebay for $9.99. I don't know if you could get that one and have it blown up to poster size at a photo shop, but I imagine that you could at leats have it made into 16x20 to frame and display. I don't know if you would run into any copyright issues, since they don't make them any more, but you could check it out. The auction number is 310393764081.

Thanks JollyRoger.

You are very welcome! Please send me pictures when you get your game room all completed. I would love to see it.

Will do. Trying to get the yard and flower beds looking good right now. All of my stuff in the room is out, but we have boxes to go trough and it's our temporary storage. And I'd love to get a small copy of that Posse picture and blow it up if I can. I'll look into that ebay sale.

Will do. Trying to get the yard and flower beds looking good right now. All of my stuff in the room is out, but we have boxes to go trough and it's our temporary storage. And I'd love to get a small copy of that Posse picture and blow it up if I can. I'll look into that ebay sale.

It's a buy it now with shipping included so it is a great deal if you are wanting to get one. I have the poster and one of the minis here at the house, but you will get a better resolution if you have a photo shop scan it in on a professional scanner. Good luck and I hope that you are able to grab the mini poster!!

Archived