Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Got My Season Ticket Offer - Questions For Vets

Riggins77

Just got the letter today offering season tickets, I backed off last year, but this year they are waiving the $100 per ticket first time buyers fee. So me and a buddy are going in together and splitting it 50/50.

I have a few questions. First, it will be the upper level and I want to do rows 1-15, so Im not at the top. Question is, which section would be the best. Id prefer to not be in the sun if at all possible. The sections available are as follows: 401-409, 419-436 and 446-454. So which would be the best for both the "minimal sun" and best seats? I know that the available ones are sideline/corner seats. Any help is appreciated.

I am confused. I got an email from the team saying I had been selected for season tickets. I accepted.. did my thing on ticketmaster for the team. I was told that I would be notified of what seats I was getting until late July or August .. and since I bought 2 tickets, I was charged $100 each in processing. Am I missing something? Is this not the standard procedure?

Has there ever been a $100 fee "for first time buyers"? I think that was just a down payment and credited to your ticket costs.

Yes there has been a fee. When I became a season ticket holder a few years ago I was charged a 1 time $100 per ticket fee which was on top of the actual ticket cost. It was not a down payment or credited to the cost of the tickets.

The sun can be both good and bad. Seats on the visitors side will have sun in your face. Because you are looking down at the field, the sun is not that bad; but you will need sunglasses. It can be quite warm for early season games. On the other hand, that sun will warm you considerably at late season games while folks on the home side will be shivering.

Consider what parking lot you would prefer and whether you want to be near the one escalator to the upper level.

Finally, don't count on getting seats below row 15. First year STHs do not typically get offered those seats. Depends on ticket renewals and upgrades

Yes, there was a fee. It started around 2004. It used to be $50 per seat, but within a couple years, it went up to $100 per seat. You have to read the language describing the fee and ticket transaction very carefully, because if you read it casually, it appears to be a deposit which becomes a credit, and all that is true, but the fee is still a fee. You still have to pay the entire cost of the tickets after you have paid the fee. There is no deduction for the fee.

But this is the first I've heard of the fee being waived.

A friend is getting an offer from the team as a new season ticket holder, club level 50yd line. What are the latest perks/guarantees/benefits for those taking the plunge with club seats?

Ie. discounts, waived fees, guarantees to move down, etc.

Your friend got offered for the first time and they offered him 50 yard line club level? I am starting to feel ripped off. I wonder why they wouldn't tell me where I would be located on the upper level. I emailed them about it and they said no one would know until July/August. Seems really fishy.

Your friend got offered for the first time and they offered him 50 yard line club level? I am starting to feel ripped off. I wonder why they wouldn't tell me where I would be located on the upper level. I emailed them about it and they said no one would know until July/August. Seems really fishy.

They are club seats, they are available, you too can sign a multi year commitment to spend a fortune on club seats and be in debt to the club. You see, in the club seats, you pay for your location :-) In general admission seats, you get what you get.

They are club seats, they are available, you too can sign a multi year commitment to spend a fortune on club seats and be in debt to the club. You see, in the club seats, you pay for your location :-) In general admission seats, you get what you get.

Oh, I know it would be more expensive. I have to travel 3 1/2 hours just to get there.. I had one game in the SRO above where the new TV's are and loved it. I am just wondering why I was only offered upper deck if they are offering other new customers club level. More over, I am wondering how it seems everyone who has been offered is being told where they may be getting seats while they seemingly will not tell me at all until the middle of the summer.

Oh, I know it would be more expensive. I have to travel 3 1/2 hours just to get there.. I had one game in the SRO above where the new TV's are and loved it. I am just wondering why I was only offered upper deck if they are offering other new customers club level. More over, I am wondering how it seems everyone who has been offered is being told where they may be getting seats while they seemingly will not tell me at all until the middle of the summer.

ANYONE can get club level TODAY. They can't sell those seats. If you want club level, call them now. They will gladly oblige. You ready to pony up $300-$500 per ticket with a multi year commitment? Call them they will take your money.

ANYONE can get club level TODAY. They can't sell those seats. If you want club level, call them now. They will gladly oblige. You ready to pony up $300-$500 per ticket with a multi year commitment? Call them they will take your money.

Interesting. I did not know they were in that low of a demand. You would think they would lower the price if that is the case.

Interesting. I did not know they were in that low of a demand. You would think they would lower the price if that is the case.

They painted themselves into a corner, they exceeded their price point, but they have some people who pay those godawful amounts so they can't just screw their existing club level owners and offer new club level owner cheaper tickets.

You can probably get a deal from the ticket office, where you agree to season tickets in the club level for next season, then they guarantee you lower level season tickets going forward.

Premium seating ticket holders who refer a friend will receive a free pair of club seats for the 2012 season.

http://tickets.redskins.com/refer_a_friend/

*Your friend has to purchase premium seating, not GAs.

OBTW, they now offer two year deals according to Redskins.com. That's the first I've seen this. Should give people a pretty good idea of what demand is like nowadays.

I also notice there are no contract prices listed anywhere. For the past few years they were offering 'half price' specials on new club seat contracts. Perhaps you can now talk them down below half of the advertised prices from the mid 2000s.

>> At the draft day party, you can see the club seats that are for sale. They will have signs on them indicating how much they cost.

---------- Post added February-12th-2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

Just got the letter today offering season tickets, I backed off last year, but this year they are waiving the $100 per ticket first time buyers fee. So me and a buddy are going in together and splitting it 50/50.

I have a few questions. First, it will be the upper level and I want to do rows 1-15, so Im not at the top. Question is, which section would be the best. Id prefer to not be in the sun if at all possible. The sections available are as follows: 401-409, 419-436 and 446-454. So which would be the best for both the "minimal sun" and best seats? I know that the available ones are sideline/corner seats. Any help is appreciated.

>> For the requirements you gave, sections 454 or 401 are your best bet. 401 and 454 share an aisle on the 50 yard line on the Redskins side of the field (the sun will be at your back and you may be in the shade at times). 453 and 402 (corrected) are you next best bet after those. To be in the first 15 rows, your total price will be $87 ($79 + 10% PG county tax). per seat per game. $870 per seat per season.

Club level and GA tickets are two completely different situations. Anyone can call the ticket office today and buy seats on the Club level. There is no waiting list for Club level seats.

According to the Redskins, there is a wait list for the GA seats in the lower and upper levels. In June, the ticket office will begin the auto upgrade process moving current season ticket holders into open seats that are available because some STHs decided not to renew their tickets. The upgrade process starts in the lower level near the 50 yard lines and work their way around to the end zones. Then they move upstairs and start upgrading the upper level. Once the upgrades are completed, about late June/early July, the TO will start assigning seats to new STHs. The TO cannot tell you where you will sit because they really do not know. They have to move about 40-50,000 people first.

401 probably is your best bet. Check out the Fed Ex Field thread because there are certain sections with obstructions in front of the seats. You definitely don't want to get stuck trying to see through a staircase railing or some crap like that.

I had seats in the UL for four years before I moved down. I was in 422 every year. The first three years I was in rows 16+, and moved down a few rows every year. It was a hike getting up there but the seats were not terrible for the money ($69). The last year I was in row 10, and it was horrible. I was right in front of a railing that had so much glare at a certain time of the day that you could not even watch the game from your seats.

I had seats in the UL for four years before I moved down. I was in 422 every year. The first three years I was in rows 16+, and moved down a few rows every year. It was a hike getting up there but the seats were not terrible for the money ($69). The last year I was in row 10, and it was horrible. I was right in front of a railing that had so much glare at a certain time of the day that you could not even watch the game from your seats.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was there for the Eagles game this year and not only did the railing block half my view, I couldn't see anything because of the glare. Gotta be very careful where you buy your tickets for.

Archived