Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Got My Season Ticket Offer - Questions For Vets

Riggins77

I understand the game of supply and demand but that´s a pretty big sum of money to watch 8 home games. You got 32 teams and 313,014,000 Americans...that just isn´t right.

I love that fact that there are only 32 teams but it totally f**** up the market. Can't blame people for the blackouts...money doesn't grow on threes.

• 5 months later...

Congratulations! You have corner seats near the new party decks. Row 8 is great; nice view. Location will allow you to upgrade towards the 50 yard line and stay in the first ten rows or so. For a first time STH, those seats are pretty low. Welcome to the family!

I would avoid Ticketmaster. TM will not let you sell for less than face. Stub Hub or other brokers give you more flexibility on your price. The bad news is selling your tickets for face value or more will be very difficult. Other options are Craig's list or the ES classifieds.

Congratulations! You have corner seats near the new party decks. Row 8 is great; nice view. Location will allow you to upgrade towards the 50 yard line and stay in the first ten rows or so. For a first time STH, those seats are pretty low. Welcome to the family!

I would avoid Ticketmaster. TM will not let you sell for less than face. Stub Hub or other brokers give you more flexibility on your price. The bad news is selling your tickets for face value or more will be very difficult. Other options are Craig's list or the ES classifieds.

Even with RG3??!!!

Hoping this was a good time to get in, plus they called me and I was on the list for 3 years.

Not sure if there's a better thread for this, but are Premium seats worth it? Ticket office called again asking me if I want to upgrade. Expensive though. My two seats are equivalent to one premium.

I'm officially a new STH! My seats are in 420 row 8, is that any good?

Also I won't be able to make some of the games is the TicketMaster method the best way to off-load them?

Congratulations! Good seats.

I had very good luck selling my tix on NFL Ticket Exchange last year. You just can't list them for below face value. Which didn't matter much to me because I sold during the 3-1 start of the season and made some money.

Ok, just got an email from TO asking if I want to upgrade to Premium Seats for a discount. Is it worth it? I'm trying to see what the benefits of the seats are other than the location and view. What's the deal with the AAA Ultimate Fan Zone? That sounds interesting, but you have to purchase extra even after being a Premium Seat holder?

Ok, just got an email from TO asking if I want to upgrade to Premium Seats for a discount. Is it worth it? I'm trying to see what the benefits of the seats are other than the location and view. What's the deal with the AAA Ultimate Fan Zone? That sounds interesting, but you have to purchase extra even after being a Premium Seat holder?

>> Unless you are rich JUST SAY NO. They offer special deals to everybody because nobody wants to buy the overpriced premium seats. The AAA tailgate is worth $30 tops per game on the open market. This is NO where near the $60 - $70 you will pay per game per person. They used to have a joining fee to join the AAA tailgate, but I think they may have stopped doing that. If not, just another reason not to buy into this scam.

Thanks for the response. Helpful info. Isn't every STH rich? It was a struggle to justify even getting my current level ones. :)

>> Unless you are rich JUST SAY NO. They offer special deals to everybody because nobody wants to buy the overpriced premium seats. The AAA tailgate is worth $30 tops per game on the open market. This is NO where near the $60 - $70 you will pay per game per person. They used to have a joining fee to join the AAA tailgate, but I think they may have stopped doing that. If not, just another reason not to buy into this scam.

I'm officially a new STH! My seats are in 420 row 8, is that any good?

Also I won't be able to make some of the games is the TicketMaster method the best way to off-load them?

The best way to offload them is put them on stubhub, ticketexchange, here, and craigslist. All are free to list. Stub and TM will take a decent chunk of

Your money in fees, so price accordingly. You can afford to sell them here or on CL for less, since there are no fees.

Smart thing to do is pay attention to the market on stub and TM. This will let you know what tickets are actually selling for. The face value is pretty meaningless, and if you are obsessed with it, you'll end up eating a lot of tickets.

Thanks for the response. Helpful info. Isn't every STH rich? It was a struggle to justify even getting my current level ones. :)

I think you are being sarcastic. But a lot of us are just middle class folks who spend their limited money on season tickets for our love of the Redskins. When the TO called me ten years ago, I was unemployed at the time. My brother and sister in law agreed to pay for them and use them my first two years. They happened to live in NOVA at the time. (Now they live in enemy territory....Dallas) They now have free tickets whenever they want them. My sister in law said, "Oh my god, we can't pass on Redskins season tickets". Bless her heart. Without her and her husbands assistance, I would not be in section 207 today.

Owning Skins season tickets is not easy for many of us. As many point out, we could just watch from home on our TVs or buy tickets online from brokers, craigs list, stub hub, etc. I had hopes that the Skins would be a competitive team long ago. Never thought buying tickets to games would be as easy as it is now. Maybe that will change with the Griffin era....hopefully it will.

Archived