Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Will the Redskins draft a cornerback at No. 6?

SWFLSkins

We have dedicated too many draft resources to the defense.

This needs to be the offseason of offense.

How many more years can we go with decent defense and an offense that struggles to score 20 points on a regular basis?

Too many towards defense? Wasn't the 4th overall pick two years ago an offensive tackle? And don't forget our 3rd and 4th rounders last year also. I agree that offense is where the need is but its all about BPA at a position of need. If we either can't trade up for RGIII or filled the qb need elsewhere pre-draft, then to me there are only two players I'm really interested in at 6. Blackmon or Claiborne. If either one of them are there you take them. We need a game changer this year.

About the D; its improved but not dominant yet. Getting Claiborne gives us the opportunity to have a dominant top 5 D year in and year out. I'd rather be great on one side of the ball then just be average on both. That being said I expect Offense will be addressed in free agency, allowing us to go BPA in the draft (minus the whole qb thing of course:)

If we get Flynn or Manning in free agency then I wouldn't have an issue. DO I want Manning or Flynn not really, I would rather get Luck or RG3. If we get a CB and still have Grossman leading this team I will crawl up in ball and cry myself into a coma until we draft a a legit franchise QB.

We are getting a QB one way or the other, but I'm leaning towards FA. Why? Because Shanny always talks about "re-building" and trading away a plethora of picks would mean anything but re-building.

Let's draft another defensive player so that we can all stare in amazement as the defense gets worn out mid third quarter because the offense can't do anything to help them out.

That's been the formula around theses parts for the last ten years and it works beautifully. :rolleyes:

Good point, and this is what we need to keep in mind. We need to be STACKED on offense. The days of having low ammo on offense due to lack of talent should be no longer excusable.

Champ - Played his best games in Denver

Sean Taylor - Is Dead

Landry - Had half of a good season

Yea sure lets draft secondary again...you conveniently left out Carlos also.

And your point is? None of them were busts. Even if the management or Coaches here could not get the most out of them. RIP Sean, don't even know why you went there, proved nothing. Well maybe something, but skip it.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 03:44 PM ----------

If Shanahan wants to come back for year 4, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Why the fans going to fire them?

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 03:45 PM ----------

I will tell you categorically and unequivocally (even though I may be disappeared for it) that yes, they will. So you might as well brace for it.

Disappeared? Isn't that what happened to guys Tony didn't like on Soprano's. They got disappeared? haha. I think it is a possibility if that is what cards they have to play.

I would prefer to take a top 15 WR @ #6 than a CB that we don't need. Not to say Dhall or JWilson are perfect. But i think we are servicable there. And we have much more glaring needs, especially on offense, than CB... thats just me though..

dhall is not perfect, he actually flat out sucks at man coverage. i dont want him back. The fact that doesnt bother you at all worries me. All we need is a qb and cb and some line fixing.

Too many towards defense? Wasn't the 4th overall pick two years ago an offensive tackle? And don't forget our 3rd and 4th rounders last year also. I agree that offense is where the need is but its all about BPA at a position of need. If we either can't trade up for RGIII or filled the qb need elsewhere pre-draft, then to me there are only two players I'm really interested in at 6. Blackmon or Claiborne. If either one of them are there you take them. We need a game changer this year.

About the D; its improved but not dominant yet. Getting Claiborne gives us the opportunity to have a dominant top 5 D year in and year out. I'd rather be great on one side of the ball then just be average on both. That being said I expect Offense will be addressed in free agency, allowing us to go BPA in the draft (minus the whole qb thing of course:)

New Orleans-Great offense-Average/below defense

Green Bay-Great offense-Average defense

New England-Great offense-lousy defense

San Fran-Great defense-Pedestrian offense

Ratbirds-See San Fran because giving them any credit makes me sick

Denver-Solid defense-Depends on what Tebow shows up offense

Houston-Can be well-balanced

Giants??? They are a farking mystery sometimes.

Anybody see a pattern from the majority of the teams I've listed?

Taking a CB with #6=Unacceptable

Trading #6 and moving down=Unacceptable

Trading for Bradford=Unacceptable

Taking anbody in the 1st rd.EXCEPT LUCK or RG3=Unacceptable

There is no good reason why we should not come away with either RGIII or Luck(granted Indy is most likely taking Luck and however remote the chance may be...we still might have a shot at him).

-If Shanny wants another season in D.C.-Draft RG3

-If Danny doesn't want to lose his fan base entirely, they better draft RG3

-If we are to have any chance of getting back to our winning ways and being consistant winners again-Draft RG3

It's the right choice to make Imho, he's a bonafide 1st round(Heisman winning)QB. Settling for mediocrity isn't going to work anymore.Get it done..NO more excuses! Period.HAIL

The only way imo, this would be an acceptable decision (in my view)

Is if Luck was impossible to get

The trade up to the Rams or Vikings was just too ridiculous of a compensation package to even flinch with the idea of getting RG3.

Our trade down options were minimal at best and the offers were lame

and we took a QB with our 2nd rd pick like a Foles or a Tannehill dropped to us miraculously.

Or even a Tyler Wilson was there in the 2nd?

If that were to happen, I couldn't really be that upset with the outcome.

I wouldn't be doing cartwheels, but I wouldn't be throwing rubber bricks at the TV neither.

Cause we really haven't had an elite corner since Champ & i thought he's played way better since being in Denver, than here.

And with the way this League has become so pass happy, how could you really be "upset" with the pick?

Look how much of an impact Patrick Peterson has been with the Cardinals?

But still...I want my RG3

Something special about that dude.

Anybody see a pattern from the majority of the teams I've listed?

Is it that you're not right nearly as often as you think you are and are at least as big an ass as any moderator?

That's not it?

Is it about cheerleaders?

:pfft: :evilg: :D

I have to ask....what are you smoking? Care to share? :silly:

What exactly are you asking?

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 03:54 PM ----------

Is it that you're not right nearly as often as you think you are and are at least as big an ass as any moderator?

That's not it?

Is it about cheerleaders?

:pfft: :evilg: :D

Oh I'm right. I'm damn right and I'm not as big an ass as are the Mods. I'm a much bigger ass.:evilg:

Why? What am I missign, inside joke??

I am always deadly serious.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Oh I'm right. I'm damn right and I'm not as big an ass as are the Mods. I'm a much bigger ass.:evilg:

There's a whole Hog of junk in that trunk! :ols:

I was joking. You had said you don't like Peyton Manning, and I was joking, insinuating you were high, and wondered if you could share with me. Now that I explained it, doesn't seem so funny anymore. :sigh:

:ols:

You're right. It wasn't funny, but this post certainly was.:ols:

JFTR. When I mean I am not too "high' on Manning I am strictly speaking medically.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

If we do not draft RGIII, the season is lost.

Well, you might want to go into a self induced coma because chances of us getting him are slim.

Anybody else have doubts about RGIII?

Champ - Played his best games in Denver

Sean Taylor - Is Dead

Landry - Had half of a good season

Yea sure lets draft secondary again...you conveniently left out Carlos also.

Champ: Traded him for the only bit of O this team has had in the last 12-15 years

Sean Taylor: Was prob the 2nd best FS in the league at the time of his death

Landry: Was forced to play out of position b/c of ST's death

Los: Was prob out best cover corner we had. But he couldn't make the big plays for us so we couldn't pay him the big $$. BTW if you haven't noticed he's in the pro-bowl

Not saying we need to draft a CB but using those guys as reasons not too doens't help your case. But good try!!! :thumbsup:

If it is Morris Claiborne at 6 I will be physically sick, him and Patrick Peterson are cut from the same cloth. Garbage in coverage but good ball skills and flashy returns, ask any decent Cardinals fan about Patrick Peterson's coverage this year, very subpar in covering situations. Morris is the exact same in my opinion, he is overrated like PP was and like a Hall or McCourty, gamblers who make flashy plays that mask their mediocre coverage.

I think our secondary is good, everyone haters their corners it seems. The main issue with our secondary is the best players are injured all the time, like Landry and Atogwe. If we didn't have a shot at a great QB, I would advocating trading down if that opportunity presents itself, but if it isn't that opens a whole slew of questions and options. Blackmon would be nice to bolster our old and mediocre WR corp, a RT to solidify our line like Reiff or Martin.

If we have to stay at 6 with RG3 and Luck off the table, I wouldn't be upset with these guys.

Blackmon

Reiff

Floyd

Jeffrey

DeCastro

Dennard

Kuechly

I'm not in love with drafting an of them really, maybes besides one of the big 3 WRs.

If it is Morris Claiborne at 6 I will be physically sick, him and Patrick Peterson are cut from the same cloth. Garbage in coverage but good ball skills and flashy returns, ask any decent Cardinals fan about Patrick Peterson's coverage this year, very subpar in covering situations. Morris is the exact same in my opinion, he is overrated like PP was and like a Hall or McCourty, gamblers who make flashy plays that mask their mediocre coverage.

Have you watched Claiborne? Are you thinking of Mathieu (who is a flashy gambler, though a good one)? I only watched Claiborne once (in the BCS title game), but he was unbelievably solid in coverage, and that's certainly the opinion of every draft commentator I've read.Kirkpatrick I'm iffier on, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Claiborne at 6. I'd prefer a trade up (for QB) or trade down to better match need (or taking Blackmon at 6 if he were still available), but I wouldn't be at all surprised or particularly disappointed with Claiborne at 6.

Peterson started to come on later in the year. He shutdown AJ Green and Green said he was the best corner he played against all year. Peterson didn't have a good year at CB, but he flashed his bigtime potential and any team in the league would take him. http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2012/1/13/2704224/patrick-petersons-coverage-stats-shocking-and-not-in-a-good-way

Claiborne is a similar player, but a better corner and not as explosive as a returner. Don't label him just because of the school and Peterson's rookie year.

That said, I don't want a corner.

Archived