Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Graziano (ESPN) article with excerpts from Shanahan interview

DogofWar1

As for part 2, I found it interesting that Shanahan specifically talked about his potential longevity in Washington. I guess he figures he has two more years tops to turn it around, or his contract is getting cut short. I wonder if his assumption that he has 4 years vs. a lot of people's assumption that he has 3 years will affect his decision making in terms of getting a QB. If he thinks he has a full year after next, does he focus less on QB this offseason, maybe getting a developmental guy or FA, and focusing on the draft? Or is the sense of urgency that might get him to move up for RGIII still there?

There will be a big focus on QB, make no mistake.

I think Shanahan probably lasts four years no matter what but that is also predicated on getting someone in the draft, and I also think that you still have to throw up at least six wins to definitely stay around.

Now, if Mike goes the Flynn route and we're not at least .500 this year, I think it might be time to move on from Mike.

Having hankerson even if he is healthy doesn't negate the need for a #1 type of wr. Hankerson is the only potential playmaker at wr on this team and if he goes down w/ an injury then we're back to having a limited passing game. Gaffney & Moss are redundant. There's no need to have 2 of them as your top 3 wrs because they both lack deep speed and ability to do much after the catch. Ideally the wr corp will look like FA/ Hankerson/ Gaffney, This way we have depth so that we can withstand an injury to either the FA we bring in or Hankerson. Moss can stick as a #4 but my preference would be to let Niles Paul, Robinson, and another vet WR in the Stallworth mold fill that role....

Depth is key in today's game. All the great passing teams had injuries at the wr position (minus Detroit) and maintained their pace because they're deep at WR & TE....

I've already been told, by my Psychic African Grey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

African-Grey-Feather-Plucking.jpg

I asked him, who will be our top 3 Free Agent acquisitions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1)WR DeWayne Bowe

#2)DE/LB Mario Williams (I know...I know...I have NO IDEA why "Felix" said his name...or why we would contemplate signing him, but it is..what it is...it's what the damn bird said...lol)

#3)OC Nick Hardwick (Again...I don't know why he said Hardwick, but he did. I personally love Will Montgomery and what he's done for us....I think he's been watching, too many Alfred Hitch**** re-runs)

Anyways...these are the words, from my Psychic African Grey "Felix".

By the way..he hates the Eagles (always freaks out) :ols:

Authentic:

"BTW, last offseason Shanny said publically that a pass rusher would be a priority in the draft. And look at who they got? See Shanny's quote below, during the combine..

I think [outside pass-rusher] ranks right at the top. Obviously when you have any consistent defense, using the 3-4, you've got to have two great outside pass-rushers, a great nose tackle and a great safety.

Good point--but that may well have been a smokescreen for our hope to get, e.g., Locker at 10. And we do need a #1 WR, just like we needed an OLB. And we'd be happy to take Blackmon at 6, I think. But I strongly suspect he's trying to downplay our interest in getting RGIII (conceivably at 6, or how much we'd be willing to give up trading up for RGIII or Luck).

Remember FA last year? Shanny kept signing WR's and there was one, I don't remember who it was, that was going to sign and saw all the WR's the Skins had already signed and changed his mind. I think Shanny is serious about wanting a couple of WR's. He tried last year and I don't think he is really happy with the end result, so he will try again.

Remember FA last year? Shanny kept signing WR's and there was one, I don't remember who it was, that was going to sign and saw all the WR's the Skins had already signed and changed his mind. I think Shanny is serious about wanting a couple of WR's. He tried last year and I don't think he is really happy with the end result, so he will try again.

Brandon Stokley i think.

"You just know that you've got two more years to get the job done, because they never let you go through the five years. You get it done in four years or you're gone. But that's what I love about this profession -- the pressure of it, what goes with it. The thing that I enjoy is that I've got an owner that's going to give me a chance to be successful. And if I can't get it done in four years, even though I've got a five-year contract, then I shouldn't be here."

I loved that quote from Mike right there. Good stuff.

They need Kalil. Bradford is getting pummeled.

This. No way the Rams pass Kalil for Blackmon, as bad as they need a receiver. Protecting Bradford is more important than getting him someone to throw to. Plus, they have brandon Lloyd who is a 1000 yard guy. He's plenty good.

Archived