Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are Bruce Allen's actual duties?

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Not opposed to whoever Shanny wants as director of scouts / player personnel / whatever. But I thought we'd be one of the last teams to let a guy like Brown walk over money.

Money would be no object, one would assume. The chance to move up in the world might be tempting, though.

You really think Shanahan should be "knocked" for the defensive players we've either drafted or signed since he's been here, and that they are a sign that he's not listening to his scouts?

No I meant historically, from Denver days.

I'm no expert, but seems like his reputation is as an Elite coach and a good-to-great personnel guy, but that his weakness is defensive personnel, and that's what ultimately got him fired in Denver. Seems like he brought in some great offensive personnel in Denver just before he left though (Cutler, Marshall, Hillis)

Goodwins was Shanny guys in Denver, he is very tight with him still , and shows up at the Park every now and then... Brown is seen as a up and comer, lots have taken notice to him..it will also be a site to see at all the guys that makie a run at Lou Spanos to run a Def...also another guy that is catching eyes, but Shanny has control, all he has to do is go to Dan and say Yo.. it will be done, since he got the full 5 years to make it happen, meaning i new title and new money can keep them here

JSteelz, you're cool and laid back with words :)

Yeah, I've been hedging on Mike forming this new empire over at Fed Ex full of knowledgeable heads.

Good to know. Nice to know that (hopefully) our owner with deep pockets will spend money on our coaches now. Not saying he didn't before (Cuz he got guys like Spurrier and other big names) but now, it is not blindly paying people

Gibbs had the same ability to go to Dan & say pay this guy more while I think up a new job title for him so we can keep him here.

Marty also had an open checkbook. He just wouldn't write a check. :ols:

Gibbs had the same ability to go to Dan & say pay this guy more while I think up a new job title for him so we can keep him here.

Marty also had an open checkbook. He just wouldn't write a check. :ols:

I thought that he had Associate Head Coach Assistant Head coach Al Saunders!! lol!! :ols:

---------- Post added December-7th-2011 at 08:26 PM ----------

I totally forgot about the Assistant to the Regional Manager positions Gibbs created in the Gibbs 2.0 Era!! Good Times!!

---------- Post added December-7th-2011 at 08:25 PM ----------

I totally forgot about the Assistant to the Regional Manager positions Gibbs created in the Gibbs 2.0 Era!! Good Times!!

Our last draft says otherwise. Way to early to call any pick a hit yet, but so far:

Jenkins - injured, dunno

Paul - not much so far, like Hankerson

Hurt - dunno. could be good after going thru rookie growing pains, or bust

I like your post and agree with everything except these three.

Jenkins was looking real good against first stringers in the preseason. I know it's hard to tell, but when coaches praise a player "every day" in training camp, you know you have something going on with that player. I believe he will not be an unknown next year.

Paul has been a special teams ace. What he's given us at the gunner position has been solid. He's caught a few passes also. Not sure what you would expect from a 5th rounder, but I think he's been a good pick.

Hurt has spot started at guard. I think he's held his own. If he keeps it up, he's a virtual steal from the 7th round.

But overall I agree with you, I just wanted to add some wrinkles to these three players.

He's also responsible for the return of the gold pants.

Uh, Sean Taylor is wearing the gold pants in the picture in your sig.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

He's here to make people think he's actually the GM. A decoy.

Honestly, the only time I ever seem to hear from him is when he's responding to some fan's email or phone call.

Im one of the lucky ones that he called :-D

Does anybody remember this Washington Post sports article from nearly a month ago? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahan-needs-bruce-allen-to-save-him-from-himself/2011/11/15/gIQAzGwMPN_story.html

Mike Shanahan is clearly the subordinate. Bruce Allen is the boss, who hired the head coach. So, how in fact, can Shanahan be over Allen? General Manager is always over the HC.

Does anybody remember this Washington Post sports article from nearly a month ago? http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahan-needs-bruce-allen-to-save-him-from-himself/2011/11/15/gIQAzGwMPN_story.html

Mike Shanahan is clearly the subordinate. Bruce Allen is the boss, who hired the head coach. So, how in fact, can Shanahan be over Allen? General Manager is always over the HC.

Tell that to Bobby Beathard in DC.

Archived