Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are Bruce Allen's actual duties?

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Two full years into this new era, I'm still puzzled by the actual heirarchy at Redskins' Park. Allen is the GM but it's clear that he is actually subordinate to Mike Shanahan.

That much I know. Beyond that, it's vague.

Is he Shanahan's lieutenant? His partner? His lackey?

Nothing has really been written about how they function as a unit. Do they have a good working relationship? Does Shanahan listen to him? If the Skins draft a QB this year, will he have any input in that decision?

I have my suspicion that Allen is really little more than the cap guy who looks damn good in a suit. It reminds me of the 30 Rock episode where Kabletown execs told Jack that they were keeping him on board because he looked fantastic wearing a suit while standing behind Kabletown's CEO.

I have my suspicion that Allen is really little more than the cap guy who looks damn good in a suit. It reminds me of the 30 Rock episode where Kabletown execs told Jack that they were keeping him on board because he looked fantastic wearing a suit while standing behind Kabletown's CEO.

I have no idea but i would think he has some input on what we do but yes i was going to say seems like they brought him in to be a cap guy. :whoknows:

He is the Alumni Director as well, but I think primarily he is also has been responsible for communicating many of the decisions that the Redskins make. He hardly comes out of the office to talk to the media which is something that Vinny had no problem doing. When he does come out the GM office it is substantiate many of the decisions that they have made. However, I agree I'm not 100% sure what ALL of his duties are either...HTTR

:helmet::helmet::helmet:

For those who think Allen is just a "cap" guy....Understand he is the sole reason of why Williams and Davis got 4 games instead of one year.

He negotiated with the league and helped those two (and the Skins of course) out. Don't think Davis won't re-sign with us now. Allen saved him even more millions he was about to lose.

For those who think Allen is just a "cap" guy....Understand he is the sole reason of why Williams and Davis got 4 games instead of one year.

He negotiated with the league and helped those two (and the Skins of course) out. Don't think Davis won't re-sign with us now. Allen saved him even more millions he was about to lose.

Where on earth did you get that info?

Did you just break this story?

Well, looking at things to date, I think one of his main functions (as far as ES is concerned) is to give posters one more topic to where they can showcase a variety of interesting...um..."thoughts." As far as his role with the Redskins, it's hard to imagine there's much mystery or confusion on the matter (or Mike's role), but from the OP on in this still-young thread, I see I have once again committed an inexcusable (given my experience) overestimation.

But to make it clear for the clueless, Bruce's main responsibility is wardrobe and choreography for the Redskins Cheerleaders.

"He's just a cap and contracts guy!". Does anyone understand/know how bad our caps AND contracts had been before he got here? He is the guy who came in and helped lessen the impact of Haynesworth's horrible contract, then put that out clause in McNabb's contract, and has signed pretty much everyone who's been here to reasonablem, smart contracts that have left us with more than enough money to set us up VERY nicely for the future. And even thought Mike mostly picks the player, Bruce Allen was a guy who helped engineer the Gabbert trade and the trades that led to our 12 player haul.

If you want to know who the personnel guy is besides Mike Shanahan, that's Morroco Brown. If Bruce Allen is the "caps/contract" GM, Morocco Brown is the personnel GM, at least as far as people like TK and LavarLeap have indicated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I can understand: salary cap administrator, PR Guy, maybe (hypothetical) involved in trades. Shanny is in charge of everything else.

we need a true talent evaluator (and it doesn't have to be a link from redskins past) either....

our scouting department is a joke.

Archived